Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nilam ManiYour feedback matters!
Vaginismus is a condition characterized by significant pain in the vagina generally during sexual intercourse. This pain occurs on penetration due to the contraction of the vaginal muscles.
The exact cause of Vaginismus is not exactly known to the doctors. But some researchers suggests that the pain might result from severe anxiety or illogical fears before sex.
Vaginismus can be primary or secondary depending on the concerned woman’s previous sexual experiences. Vaginismus can be linked to an earlier sexually painful experience, sexual trauma or psychological factors. In some cases, the pain tends to exist without any direct physical cause. The causes of the pain might vary from women to women and might occur in some cases with only one specific partner and not with others.
Sometimes the pain might stem from underlying infections or any other underlying complications.
The symptoms of Vaginismus are as follows:
Severe pain during intercourse.
Severe pain during insertion of tampons or during any medical check-ups.
The following treatments can be useful to treat Vaginismus:
If the pain arises due to anxiety or fear, counselling sessions can help you to a remedy.
If the pain arises whenever something penetrates the vaginal walls, progressive desensitization can be useful to treat the pain. The process aims to loosen the vaginal muscles so that you don’t experience any pain during sexual intercourse.
Kegel exercises (at least 20 of them) can help in the initial stage to relax the vaginal muscles. After you exercise for a few days, you should try inserting one finger inside your vagina while doing the exercises. Try doing it gently and if it still hurts, try doing it with a lubricating jelly. This continuous procedure will help in the contraction of the vaginal muscles which eventually relax.
Hi im 37 weeks 4 days pregnant is it a right time to operate. Im not feeling much movement now in my womb im a bit worried should I consult a doc for that to operate it.in my 36 week ultrasound the baby was 3222 grams and the body of the baby was developed upto 37 to 38 weeks. My stomach is tightening a bit lot that why can feel the kicks. please suggest me what to do.
I get my periods regularly that is evry 28 days o 27 days. But During my periods I bleed only for 1 and half day o sometimes only for a day. Is it normal? Do I need to. Consult a gynecologist. And my actual bleeding starts from the 2nd day.
My friend is 20 years old and she has done sex before 1 month but condom was used during sex. Her periods are usually delayed by 2-4 days but after sex she has not received the period even after 20 days of her period. She feels the same pain as in period time but not getting with period. Please help.
She is pregnant of 9 months and 12 days. She is having fungal infection near private parts. I do not no reason but doctor told it may last till a month. She use candida b cream. It cure but again small pores like itching goes on, please guide. Also I want to know the symptoms or pain so I can not admit to hospital regarding delivery of my child. Also my legs are souring I mean having pain its going to big from normal.
My period date was 26 of april but I had unprotected sex with my partner on 21 april. After 1 hr I took unwanted 72. I haven't got my periods yet. Are there any chances of pregnancy?
Hello doctor I am 27 years old can you please guide me about a natural lubricant which should be used while having sex. Most oftenly when I have sex the girls vagina is dry.Please help sir .
I got married about 2 months back. Before we were known to each other and it was a love affair marriage. We had sex before marriage as well. Now after marriage for the last 10 days whenever we are having intercourse a yellow coloured liquid is coming out from my nipples and my breast size have gone larger by 2 cups. Most of my dresses are not fitting. And from the last 10 days I feel like wanting to have intercourse every now and then. And whenever I am thinking of sex by breasts are tingling and yellow liquid is coming out. Please help.
Hello doctor I have a slightly pain in my tummy nd breast too but can't find I might pregnant becoz I get blood shells while urine.
I was in physical relationship with one guy before two years, but my marriage fixed with another boy, I don't want to share with my fiance about my past life. So what will do? could you please suggested me so that physically he could not find that I had been physical with a guy.
My wife suffering breast cancer ,i dint have childrens in 3 years of marriage. does cancer effect to children
Paneer, also known as cottage cheese, is a dairy product which is made by curdling the milk with the help of lemon or vinegar and then draining the liquid. Not only is it delicious and an integral part of some of the most popular dishes of Indian cuisine, it is also a very good source of calcium, protein and healthy fats that help in improving the functioning of the body.
Here are some of the surprising health benefits of this Indian dietary staple:
- Diabetes-friendly: The carbohydrate content is low in paneer, which makes it a very good option for diabetics. Consumption of paneer does not cause a surge in the blood sugar level as it is digested slowly by the body.
- Improves bone and teeth health: Protein is a good source of calcium and phosphorus that helps in improving the health of the teeth and bones in the body.
- Helps in weight loss: Cottage cheese is a great source of conjugated linoleic acid that helps in boosting the metabolism of the body, thus aiding weight loss. Plus, it lowers the risk of cancer by reducing the amount of bad cholesterol in the body.
- Contains high amounts of protein: Enriched with vegetable protein, which is the basic building component of muscles and bones, paneer is known to keep your muscles and bones in good health. Besides, the protein in paneer is essential for brain development and the development of the fetus, making it another reason why it should be a part of your diet.
- Improves metabolism: Paneer contains high amounts fiber, which helps in improving the digestive process of the body. It also adds bulk to the stool and helps in feeling full.
- Controls blood pressure: It regulates blood pressure as it contains potassium, which helps in lowering blood pressure by controlling the effect that sodium has on your body.
- Boosts the immune system: Paneer contains compounds that help in strengthening the immune system, thereby preventing disorders like common cold, cough and bronchial asthma.
I'm ambika, 29 years old. I'm having pcod since 4 years. My weight was increased by 30 kgs, since 3 years. Alteady i'm having 2 children. What can I do to reduce my weight & to got relief from pcod?
Hello, I had unprotected sex last month's 18th! My partner is having some symptoms like drowsiness and pukish! But she had her periods 1 week back and it lasted for 3 days! Is is possible for her to be pregnant?
I am 16 years old and recently noticed a big but painless outgrowth or rather lump on my left vaginal lip. Is it normal? Or should I consult a gynecologist?
My spouse age is 41 years. She is healthy non-diabetic and non-bp. From past 4 months she is getting her periods 5 to 6 days later. Unfortunately this month even after 12 days she is not getting her periods. She does not have stomach pain or any other problem. Kindly suggest the medicine.
Hello doctors I am pregnant my seventh week is going on an I am with type 1 diabetes me insulin le rahe hu 32 units in morning and 26 units in evening totally on bed rest par sugar kabhi 150 aate hh kabhi 111 kabhi 103 kabhi pp 166 kabhi 158 kyaa kare koii ayurvedic medicine le sakti to control.
The main symptom of genital herpes include occurrence of blisters around or near the rectum. These blisters do break eventually, but they leave behind sores that are very tender and that take about 2 to 4 weeks to heal when the eruption of blisters occurs for the first time. The subsequent outbreaks are shorter and less severe than the first outburst. The disease can spread easily through sexual intercourse and it is better to consult a doctor, even if no clear symptoms are visible. Genital herpes cause tingling sensation and a lot of uneasiness in the genital area.
Causes of genital herpes
- The genital herpes infection is mainly caused by 2 different types of HSVs or herpes simplex virus.
- The first type of herpes simplex virus most commonly infect the lips and they cause cold sores, which are recognized as fever blisters.
- The first type of HSV type 1 virus can also produce sores in the genital area. The usual cause of genital herpes is the HSV type 2 and that can infect the mouth.
- Genital herpes can be simply transmitted from one individual to another during sex. The symptoms of herpes can be produced on and off in some people as it remains in the nerve cells of the body.
Symptoms of genital herpes
- Burning or itchy feeling in the genital area that lasts for more than 2-3 weeks.
- Pain is experienced in the genital area, legs and buttocks.
- Fluid is discharged from the Vagina, and pressure is experienced in the abdomen.
- The sores appear after few days on regions where the virus has entered like penis, vagina or the mouth.
- The other general symptoms that can occur under this condition are headache, fever, muscle aches and difficulty in urination.
- The glands around the groin area also get swollen at times.
Homeopathic medicines are safe
It is a contagious disease and use of homeopathic remedies is very effective in treating herpes. Remarkable results can be gained by taking homeopathic medicines, and these are extremely safe. There are no side effects caused by taking homeopathic medications, and are of great use in eradicating the condition from the root. The intensity of the genital herpes condition takes a long time to wither and use of homeopathic medicine though provides slow results is very effective and harmless. The best homeopathic medication that can be taken to treat genital herpes is Natrum Mur for both men and women. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopathic.