Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nilam Jain KothariYour feedback matters!
Here is the most efficient dandruff removal technique
Which work for most people.
Apply lemon juice diluted in water and wash your hair with a shampoo. Do this twice weekly. You can see amazing results.
Meanwhile, apply hair oil regularly and don't use very hard shampoos.
I have a skin allergy from 5 year. Skin is red when use nimbu and imli any sour things. Please guide me what to do?
I have pimples on my face and my skin is very oily I am using face wash which is for acne from last one month but pimples are still there. WHat should I do?
I have bumpy acne scars on my nose. Bumpy in the sense they are grown outwards like acne but won't go. They doesn't look good. What should I do. Please help!
Mere balo ki growth badh nhi rahi h give some tips to get longer hair. please give some advice to get longer and shinier hair.
One month back, in accident, my scalp was damaged, that had wound, but I was using the "INTADINE" (water-soluble microbicidal ointment, and hydrogen peroxide solution, and "INTADINE" (microbicidal sprinkling powder, but hair surrounding the wound their color changed in to light red, the hair color not changed after head bath, what is the reason for this color, and how to get color back my hair, please help me.
I have swollen area around my eye due to cyst acne. Please help me out and I have pinched small needle to get pus out pus dint came out :(
I am 16, male. I am suffering from hairfall. 1-2 years ago I had no such problem, infact I had such a dense hair even the barbers in the saloon acknowledged it, they always remarked it. And then once I had my hair shaved but not once actually twice, repeatedly. I had shaved it the second time due to dandruff I didn't noticed it that time it was winter. And then when my hair grew again all of it started here. I've had such a terrible time since then. When it comes to think of it, as a matter of fact" I actually didn't put oil on my scalp for 6 months, the period when I was bald. Thinking as if there is no need of it since I had no hair. When I carefully observe my hair I can see that there is no damage in the upper part of the hair, it is so smooth and clean. The only thing is that the lower part is so shrinked (the whitish small part). I think that it is that portion of the hair which has some prob. The one attached to the scalp. And yes I've also consulted 2-3 different doctors in these past years. They've suggested some medicated shampoo, hair oils, capsules, etc. But none of them had any effect temporarily or permanently, sadly.
Dear home drs I am using thuja 200 drops and topi thuja ointment for warts in my face it is not recovered till now around one month what the next step of action please give your advice.
Helo. I am 26 year old. I have a vitilogy disease from last 6 month. Nd it spread all over in my body. So, please suggest me some thing how I can cure it as fast as I can.
Suffering from severe nodulocystic acne all over my back and I also under went allopathic treatment for around 6 months but I did not benefit much and now I want to switch over to ayurvedic treatment. please suggest the exact remedy.
Pigmentation of the skin is a medical term to refer to the phenomenon of colouring. Our skin is made up of cells that produce a pigment known as melanin. The colour of the skin largely depends upon the production of melanin. If more melanin is produced, the skin looks darker and vice-versa. When the melanin producing cells are damaged due to long exposure to sunlight, pregnancy or any other disease, pigmentation of the skin takes place. When the skin gets darker, it is called hyperpigmentation and when the discolouration of the skin takes place or white patches are formed on the skin, it is called hypopigmentation.
Skin pigmentation can be tackled by certain home based remedies. Here are some of these remedies:
- Milk and honey face pack: Milk is known to contain lactic acid. A mixture of milk and honey peels off the affected part of the skin. This makes the hyper-pigmented skin lighter in colour.
- Vegetable juices: Some vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber and potato are effective in getting rid of the skin pigments. Cut slices of these vegetables and rub them over the affected parts. The juices from these vegetables lighten the pigmented part.
- Avocado magic: It is advisable to peel off an avocado and apply its juice with honey over the affected area.
- Add Vitamin E to your diet: Include foods rich in vitamin E in your meals. It helps in restoring the pigmented skin back to its normal form.
- Face Mask: There are several face masks available that can work wonder in curing pigmentation of the skin. You can use face packs containing oatmeal, honey, sandalwood, turmeric powder, raw milk, and orange powder.
- Sun screen: It is important to guard your skin from the ultraviolet rays. UV rays lead to pigmentation of the skin. So, apply a sunscreen lotion or cream before stepping out of your home.
- Take up some exercise: A key to a healthy skin is a good lifestyle. One must exercise regularly to maintain proper blood circulation throughout the body. Proper flow of blood keeps the skin healthy and free from pigmentation.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarettes: The consumption of alcohol and cigarettes leads to generation of toxins in our blood stream. This is harmful for our skin.
- Cocoa butter: It has nourishing and de-tanning effects on the skin. Use a cream that contains cocoa butter extracts on daily basis.
- Oil massage: Certain oils like olive and almond are good for treating damaged skin.
Below given are some of the common products used in medical treatment of hyperpigmentation:
- IPL (Photofacial) - Treatment with intense pulsed light, or a Photofacial, is frequently recommended by doctors to treat hyperpigmentation.
- Chemical peel - A TCA peel or deeper phenol peel are also used to treat hyperpigmentation.
- Laser Peel - A variety of laser resurfacing treatments may be performed to reduce hyperpigmentation. CO2 lasers and fractional lasers are popular choices for skin resurfacing.
- Topical skin lightening products - Products containing skin lightening ingredients, such as hydroquinone, retinoids, kojic acid, and Vitamin C are often used to reduce hyperpigmentation.
Medical treatment is combined with procedures to get faster results.