Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NilamYour feedback matters!
I had fair skin in college days .now I have thyroid. My skin turns black during pregnancy, dull hair also. How can I get my healthy fair skin, hair back safely with out using chemicals. Pls suggest me soaps ,creams, remedies for my problem.
Suggest some creams to become a shiny & beautiful face. My face had manu rushes and pimples. please help.
I have blackheads on my nose I have used aloevera cream for 5 months but there are no changes what should I do?
Over the my both chick's blackish spots are growing up very fast. Please advice some good medical treatment or is it totally removed with laser treatment? And what is cost on laser treatment? Pls advice me.
How I heal my face from spots of pimple? It is very dark and so irritating. And how to stop pimples?
I am a 28 year old female. I have dandruff like very bad one. Any time I relax my hair or wash it a few days after it starts shedding again. There are times when I braid my hair or have a weave on for like two weeks and the dandruff on my scalp turns to large chunks. I have tried all sorts of treatment like using shea butter and coconut all, heads and shoulders dandruff shampoo and some other things. Kindly help in recommending something. Hope to hear from you soonest.
The following are factors that may contribute to dandruff:
1) Not enough hair brushing
People who do not comb or brush their hair regularly have a slightly higher risk of having dandruff - this is because they are not aiding the shedding of skin that combing or brushing provides.
People who are sensitive to yeast have a slightly higher risk of having dandruff, so it is logical to assume that yeast may play a part.
3) Dry skin
People with dry skin tend to get dandruff more often. Winter cold air, combined with overheated rooms is a common cause of itchy, flaking skin. People with dandruff caused by dry skin tend to have small flakes of dandruff; the flakes are not oily.
4) Seborrheic dermatitis (irritated, oily skin)
People with seborrheic dermatitis are very prone to dandruff. Seborrheic dermatitis affects many areas of the skin, including the backs of the ears, the breastbone, eyebrows, and the sides of the nose, not just the scalp. The patient will have red, greasy skin covered with flaky white or yellow scales.
5) Not enough shampooing
It is said that if you don't shampoo enough there can be a buildup of oil and dead skin cells, causing dandruff.
6) Reaction to hair or skin care products
Some people react to some hair care products with a red, itchy, scaling scalp. Many experts say that shampooing too often may cause dandruff as it can irritate the scalp.
7) Mental stress
Experts believe there may be a link between stress and other skin problems.
I am 17 years old boy and I am using the patanjali beauty cream and face wash is it good for me or not.
Summer is a time when we like to step out in style. And, style does not merely mean getting the latest pieces from the runway for your wardrobe. It also means having a well groomed appearance that is free of any signs of neglect. The skin is the first area that draws the attention of people and should be maintained well, especially during harsh summer months, which are also filled with holidays and outings with near and dear ones. One way of taking care of your skin is with laser resurfacing. Let us find out more.
- Definition: Laser resurfacing uses beams of lasers to reduce the appearance of fine lines on the facial skin. It is also a good method for treating skin irregularities that may come about due to the process of aging or the ravages of too much sun exposure as well as stressful lifestyles where late hours have become the norm. With the technique used in this process, pulsating beams of light are trained on the irregular portions of the facial skin so as to remove the skin, one layer at a time. This method is also known as lasabrasion or laser peeling.
- Candidates: To find out if you are a good candidate for this kind of a procedure, you will need to take a good hard look at yourself. If you notice the advent of fine lines and wrinkles that are marring your features and making your skin look uneven even as the sagging is beginning to show up in some parts, then you may want to consider this treatment. You can also have a check up done at a dermatologist's office to ensure that you are a good candidate for this treatment. If you have acne or very dark hued skin, then you cannot qualify for this treatment. Also, this procedure cannot fix stretch marks.
- Types of Lasers: There are two kinds of lasers that are used in this treatment. The first is carbon dioxide or CO2 lasers and the second is Erbium lasers. While CO2 lasers can deal with wrinkles, warts, and scars with short pulsed light concentrations, Erbium laser resurfacing can remove the surface level and deeper lines and wrinkles with minimal burning as far as the surrounding tissue goes. This is a good method in case you have darker skin and the side effects are very mild. The side effects of the Erbium laser resurfacing method consist of swelling and bruising while the recovery time is about two to three weeks.
So get ready to shine with sparkling skin that is not marred with any lines and scars, this Summer!
I am lost my hair and I am tried to stop them but they cannot be stopped so you can help me what can I do.
I am 30 years old i am suffering from psoriasis for long time. so, please give suggestion for that.?
Sweat always comes on my face that creates dark spots on my face moreover most if the time my face is oily.
Hello. Mera 1 month pehle hi cesarean section hua he. Muje stitches ke upar ke bhag me jaha pati lagai gai hoti he or vaha starch marks par hath lagati hu to durd hoi ta he. Kya karu?
I have pimples from past 4 years but till now I have tired everything but no change. Suggest me the best way to reduce pimples. Acne. And white hair and hair fall too.
I am 28 years old female. I am suffering from severe hair fall since last 2 weeks. I have tried different hair fall shampoos and oils but it is increasing even more. I have an oily scalp. I cannot even comb my hair as it results in handful of hairs coming out every time I brush. Please help.
Hi, my face becoming dark from last 3 months and I have darkspots under eyes and I have dandruff, so please suggest me treatment.
Hi. I have problem of acne on my chest and back and severe scars are remaining. I have a few keloid too due to the acne. How can I get rid of these marks.
Winter is the worst season for Skin- flaking, itchiness, pimples, redness, dullness is usual and neglect of daily care can easily lead to habitual dehydration, with sensitive skins and red patches. But it is so difficult to care for skin in winters with chilling cold, numb fingers, freezing water. Keeping these factors in mind here are some tips-
Despite the cold do not forget drinking lots of water-preferably warm water
The glow is not superficial. Its deep. Make it a point to drink any one type of fresh fruit juice in the morning. Best pick- strawberry juice!
Apply few drops of warm olive/coconut/apricot/almond oil on face, soles and navel at bedtime for great detox!