Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Nilam AhujaYour feedback matters!
It is more common under age 10 and over age 50. Caused by cold and dry weather high altitudes blunt trauma allergic rhinitis chemical irritants pregnancy vascular disorders vitamin c and k deficiency
Bleeding vessels may be closed using heat electric current or silver nitrate sticks, nasal packing by cotton and gauze, ligation, nasal surgery, removing the foreign body, reducing the amount of blood thinners or aspirin.
I have headache of last two day and I feel cold now headache is painfully I no adjust of this climate.
I am 65 years old. I am suffering cough problems science. Last 7 years. My father has asthma. I am quite healthy.
My cousin had a ovarian cist of 8 cm. She is in some kind of trauma now. As she wants to have one more baby in the future, which is not possible due to the cist as advised by doctor. Please help her.
Solution of fatty change liver problem? My age is 22 Weight - 76 kg Height - 5 ft 9 inch My daily diet is simple No use fast food No use oily food Drink water 2 litre daily.
I was recommended to use isotretinoin 40 mg capsules but however doctor told me that I can lower the dosage if side effects are pretty high and the only thing is it could increase the duration of treatment. But however due to the heavy dryness I proffered using 20 mg. Its been 3 months and I am on isotretinoin. For the first month I took 30 mg daily. Second month 20 mg daily .third month 10 mg. How long I need to use them?
I am 35 year old female and I have stomach ache from last one month. I have used many painkillers but there is no cure for this and also I have acidity. So what I do?
The most common cause of neck pain can be cervical disc disease. It is generally caused by the abnormality of the disc that is the cushion present between the vertebrae. The disc can get damaged because of arthritis or any unknown cause. When damaged, it usually leads to inflammation or spasm of the muscles leading to neck pain.
There are a number of pain medications, traction exercises, and physical therapy for minimizing the neck pain. However, these home based remedies help in relieving pain along with a speedy recovery:
- Take it easy: If you have a busy and hectic life, then take it easy. Living with cervical disc diseases can lead to an increase in the neck pain; thus cutting down on activities helps. A comfortable position should be observed while resting. If need be then a pillow can be placed under the neck.
- Apply Cold/Heat Pack: There is always a confusion regarding whether a cold or a hot pack is to be used. The recommendation is to use ice or cold pack for the first 24 to 48 hours of the injury, so that the swelling subsides. This should then be followed by hot fermentation in order to improve the muscle stiffness and also loosen them. But in case of a cervical disc disease neither cold nor heat penetrates the tissue to relieve inflammation, so it is best to use the one which feels better. Whichever, pack is chosen it should only be used for 20 minutes and then left for 40 minutes. Take care and do not use ice or heat directly against the skin.
- Stretch: Stretching exercises should be done in order to improve the flexibility and relieve pain in the neck. Exercises can be performed after warming up of the muscles by a warm towel or bath. Here are a few simple stretches for cervical disc disease that you can do at home:
- Move the neck: As per the study by the American Medical Association, women who had neck pain got relief when they did exercises using light weight and resistance bands. This increased their endurance and strength of the neck muscles. Also, 30 minutes of exercise in the form of biking, walking, swimming, and biking is recommended to improve the blood flow.
- Maintain the posture of the neck: A bad posture can cause a neck pain. Every time while standing, sitting, walking, lifting the posture should be kept in mind. The head and neck should be kept straight and the back should be supported in order to avoid neck pains.