Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nikhil SaylionYour feedback matters!
How to remove dark marks from face please tell me am very tired how to get back glow on my face. Am facing dark marks thats why I lost my confidence of facing public.
What is the treatment for prickly heat I am having it since 15 days also recommend me a good bathing soap for this. Please advise.
I have itching type pain not continue pain in neck (oral cavity) Left side from last One week and left ear pain from today. No difficulty in inhaling food no continue pain but sometime. Burning sensation in left side of neck and felling some warming. I take - 1. Tab. amoxyclav 625mg 3days BD 2. Tab. B-complex bd 3days 3 tab. Cetrizine bd 3days 4. Cap. Omej+ domperidone bd 3days But no relief then I consult A ENT doctor He examine mouth And said no problem he Prescribe- 1. Tab. AZEE (azithromycin) 500mg od 2. Tab ctz plus (cetrizine) bd 3. Tab nemuslide+paracetamol bd 4. Tab vitfol Od 5tab duralon-4 (methylprednisolone) Bd Additional I have betadine gargle bd With warm water Today I have take these medicine two days but yet no relief Please provide appropriate consult And advice it is serious matter And what I to do.
Hi, I am Amit sarkar. I have skin problem. My skin is oily, I have tried many oil free cream nd face wase, but didn't work on my skin. Can you suggest any solution.
My mother is 70 years old. She his having fungal infection in between the two small figures. From last two months she is taking the anti fungal medicine. However there is no relief. Doctor have suggested that by surgery the skin can be removed. Which doctors are taking these type of surgeries.
Respected Sir/mam I was very fair in colour but now sir/mam I am too black sir really I do not know its is tanning or what it is sir or mam please tell me the medicine please sir any lotion or medicine because I want to become fair again some say do this some say do this but nothing is working help!
On my face three four pimples appear at a single area below eye when my face is prone is to dirt and dust. I used Betmet cream, now pimples r not there but black spots r there. please advice some medicine for it.
I had chicken pox about 8 years ago. Bt its marks does not go. Please suggest some home remedy for cure this.Please help me.
Pigmentation of the skin is a medical term to refer to the phenomenon of colouring. Our skin is made up of cells that produce a pigment known as melanin. The colour of the skin largely depends upon the production of melanin. If more melanin is produced, the skin looks darker and vice-versa. When the melanin producing cells are damaged due to long exposure to sunlight, pregnancy or any other disease, pigmentation of the skin takes place. When the skin gets darker, it is called hyperpigmentation and when the discolouration of the skin takes place or white patches are formed on the skin, it is called hypopigmentation.
Skin pigmentation can be tackled by certain home based remedies. Here are some of these remedies:
- Milk and honey face pack: Milk is known to contain lactic acid. A mixture of milk and honey peels off the affected part of the skin. This makes the hyper-pigmented skin lighter in colour.
- Vegetable juices: Some vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber and potato are effective in getting rid of the skin pigments. Cut slices of these vegetables and rub them over the affected parts. The juices from these vegetables lighten the pigmented part.
- Avocado magic: It is advisable to peel off an avocado and apply its juice with honey over the affected area.
- Add Vitamin E to your diet: Include foods rich in vitamin E in your meals. It helps in restoring the pigmented skin back to its normal form.
- Face Mask: There are several face masks available that can work wonder in curing pigmentation of the skin. You can use face packs containing oatmeal, honey, sandalwood, turmeric powder, raw milk, and orange powder.
- Sun screen: It is important to guard your skin from the ultraviolet rays. UV rays lead to pigmentation of the skin. So, apply a sunscreen lotion or cream before stepping out of your home.
- Take up some exercise: A key to a healthy skin is a good lifestyle. One must exercise regularly to maintain proper blood circulation throughout the body. Proper flow of blood keeps the skin healthy and free from pigmentation.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarettes: The consumption of alcohol and cigarettes leads to generation of toxins in our blood stream. This is harmful for our skin.
- Cocoa butter: It has nourishing and de-tanning effects on the skin. Use a cream that contains cocoa butter extracts on daily basis.
- Oil massage: Certain oils like olive and almond are good for treating damaged skin.
Below given are some of the common products used in medical treatment of hyperpigmentation:
- IPL (Photofacial) - Treatment with intense pulsed light, or a Photofacial, is frequently recommended by doctors to treat hyperpigmentation.
- Chemical peel - A TCA peel or deeper phenol peel are also used to treat hyperpigmentation.
- Laser Peel - A variety of laser resurfacing treatments may be performed to reduce hyperpigmentation. CO2 lasers and fractional lasers are popular choices for skin resurfacing.
- Topical skin lightening products - Products containing skin lightening ingredients, such as hydroquinone, retinoids, kojic acid, and Vitamin C are often used to reduce hyperpigmentation.
Medical treatment is combined with procedures to get faster results.