Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Nikhil H. DaveYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard can you suggest what should be done?
I have been feeling irritation inside my penis. Its in the corpus spongiosum as I could make out looking at a diagram. It started when during sex my partner kinda bite me at that place.
I am v****** 25y/M during sex I have take only 3-4 minutes to sperm fall mostly. Rest all is good, I want to increase timing only. What should to do?
Suffering from breathing and discomfort in chest heart and stomach diagnosed as copd wegnersgranulomotsis coronary artery disease (angina) osteoporosis residual urine problem having hypertension and diabetes and managed by wysolone5mg he had massive heartattack in December 2015 he is feeling giddiness reeling he had antibiotics for ten times in two years from now now he has ulcers on tongue because of antibiotics and medicines may be also due to inhalers not able to take solid foods like vegetables he is taking only milk brown bread oats and wheat broken rice with dal please advice me how to get well by your valuable suggestions pulmnolgist, gen physician cardiologist we had seen urologist already recently it's normal.
I am a 20 year old female suffering from gerd since childhood I usually regurgitate the food I eat but never had severe acidity problems I take rabeprazole 20 but since a week I have severe acidity problem n it worsens as I eat a chocolate or have tea I have heartburn shivering anxiety mild chest pain or sort of pinching near my breastbone I have taken many antacids.
I have constipation problem, due to this problem I am having swere headache and pimples on my face. I use lots of home remedies but my problem is continuously with me. What can I do, give me some suggestion.
Dear, I want to know how to avoid this vomit sensation permanently when traveling I do not want to get that feelings. I want to avoid that feeling totally.
Hello doctor, I am irritated with my serious itching problem on joints near testis. At night times am suffering a lot. I have tried candid b cream but there is no use. The part over there becoming wet and causing serious itching. Kindly show me a way. Thank u.
Hello, Mera penis sidha nahi hai WO left side me jhuk jata h to isko sidha krne Ka koi upay bataye. Thanks.
What is the symptoms of cancer and hepatitis b. What medicine should be take for that disease. Please help me.
In my previous health tip, featured here last time, I talked about what actually is Premature Ejaculation (PE) or early ejaculation, what is its actual condition and how is it defined. Today I will share some statistics, diagnosis, variants and causes of PE.
Statistics of PE:
- You are not alone! PE is a common sexual complaint.
- Estimates vary, but as many as 30-40% men across the world experience PE at some point in their lives.
- In US alone, about 60%-70% of people experience premature ejaculation. The National Health and Social Life Survey (NHSLS) indicate a prevalence of 30%, which is fairly spread across all adult age groups.
Diagnosis of PE:
As per DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition), the specific criteria for PE are as follows:
- In almost 75-100% sexual activities, the experience of ejaculation occurs within one minute of vaginal penetration.
- The problem of PE has persisted for at least six months
- The symptoms cause significant mental stress to the person
- It occurred due to a nonsexual mental disorder, a medical disease, effects of a drug or medication, etc.
Severity of PE:
The severity of PE or early ejaculation is broadly defined as follows:
- Mild: Occurring within 30 seconds to one minute
- Moderate: Occurring within 15-30 seconds
- Severe: Occurring even before sexual activity, at the start of it, or within 15 seconds of vaginal penetration
Even the severe form is not uncommon. Many times men approach the doctors with complaint that they are not able to penetrate the vagina. They ejaculate on minor physical stimulation and it occurs again and again. In such case, pregnancy will not be possible unless artificial insemination is used.
Types and characteristics of P.E.
PE can be Chronic or Acquired
Chronic (lifelong) PE is when the person has been experiencing it since he became sexually active (i.e., post puberty). Usually it is seen that PE starts occurring from the beginning of sexual activity, probably the first sexual intercourse or even on masturbation, when the discharge occurs early.
Acquired (recent) PE means that the condition began in an individual who previously experienced an acceptable level of ejaculatory control and had successful sexual escapades but only recently (couple of weeks to months) has developed the tendency to ejaculate early.
What causes P.E?
Not a particular cause is responsible for causing PE. However, the causes of PE can be divided into two broad sub-heads, which are psychological and biological cause:
PE is believed to be a psychological problem and does not represent any known defect in the brain or nervous system. Psychological causes behind PE may include a certain pattern that is hard to change as result
of your previous sexual experiences. They may arise from following:
- Atmosphere at Work or school
- Relationships with peer groups
- General attitude toward sex
- Any bad feelings about sex that relates to one or more bad experiences encountered
- Erectile dysfunction
- Performance anxiety, where men want to show a good performance of sexual act with the female partner.
Type of the relationship/sexual engagement (e.g., married/unmarried/live in relationship)
Sexual attitude or interest of the female partner
Early sexual experiences, like development of habit of reaching climax soon for pleasure or ejaculating quickly because of fear of being discovered by others when masturbating as teenagers or during early sexual experiences with female partner. This pattern of rapid attainment of sexual release is difficult to change in later stage of life during marriage or long-term relationships.
Last but not least, a situation in which you may have hurried climax/ejaculation in order to hide your problem from your female partner; or feelings of guilt that make you rush through sexual encounters.
Biological causes of PE:
Many scientists have questioned whether PE is purely psychological. A number of investigators have found differences in nervous stimulations and hormonal differences in men who experience PE as compared
to individuals who do not. Some believe that some men have hyper-excitability or oversensitivity in their genitalia, which is again not proven. So, among the biological causes of PE, the most common are:
- Abnormal functioning of the ejaculatory system
- Thyroid problems
- Infection or inflammation of the urethra or prostate
- Nerve damage occurring due to trauma or surgery (a very rare cause)
- Abnormal levels of hormones and/or neurotransmitters (which are chemicals present in the brain)
- Higher, free and total testosterone levels have been demonstrated in men with PE than in men without premature ejaculation. Recent article in a Chinese andrology journal showed that semen from men with PE contained significantly less acid phosphatase and alpha-glucosidase than the counterparts
- Another study found that many men with PE have low serum prolactin levels.
Somehow these biochemical markers play only a partial role in contributing to PE. Further research is needed. Abnormal functioning of the ejaculatory system. Further, if you need to know non-medical methods of controlling PE read - 'All You Need to Know About Premature Ejaculation 3'.
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist and ask a free question.