Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Nikhil GokhaleYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old am suffering from backache for last two months, I am using to pain killer ointment.
I am having pain in my back and neck over a week. And suffering from loose motion what can I do please give me appropriate solution according to my age.
I am 19 year old.& suffering from ache valgaris. I don't want to have strong medicines. Can you suggest a way to deal with it. Ache r on my back & face.
I am 41 year old, & I got 4 time sigerian operations. I am suffering from backack / kamar dard, kindly give treatment
He has frequent lower back catch. We already consulted an orthopedic doctor, he has recommended a routine exercise and had stated nothing serious. Surely, he has never been doing the exercise but when he is in pain he is unable to move or walk. Heat or cold pack works wonder but I'm worried. Need help ! Regards.
I am 65 years, since 3months suffering with frozen shoulder, first 2 months consulted ortho n took medicine but no relief, then took 20 days physiotherapy. Now also unable lift my hand, if I do small exercise also getting pain. Using hot pack also, no diabetes n bp. Hw long it will be cured ?
My age is 32. I have pain in my muscles around right knee from last few days. I am unable to bend it smoothly. It pains while walking and running. There is no swelling around. Please tell me how to get rid of this. I never had this problem before.
I am 35 years old female. I got a cramp on my knees during a musical chair competition 3 months ago. There is no fracture in the bone. But, it has developed tendency to get sprain at the same point again and again. I have taken pain killers and vitamins at early days. Then Neurobion Capsule but no relief. Taken Homeopathic Medicines, that too not worked. Please suggest what to do?
I am having a problem with my heels when I wake up in the morning and put my legs on floor to walk my both heels pain for some time the after walking for some time the pain goes automatically.
I am 21 years old and a body builder. I have a knee pain whenever I started working with my legs. After each workout I have walking problems. Is there any remedies or medicines to prevent it? Or any cure to this pain?
I am suffering from pain in my back side of neck and shoulder. Now from last five days I felt that there is pain in my joints of knee and ankles. And apart from that I feel that there is rise in temperature in my body i.e. Feel like having fever inside my body and having pain in my body. And my body is sweating more due to having fever in body and it sweats more when the body temperature comes down. Can you please suggest me for treatment of the problem ? And one thing I forgot to note that it has started due to staying in office for a long time with lower room temperature (20°c) with ac climate for last two months.
When i go to sleep, there is severe pain in my right leg (femur). It is for last 8-10 years.Please do help me in this regard
As I wake up In the morning, I get neck and shoulder pain. I tried with and without pillow, but no relief. Please advice.
Hello Dr. I m chetan. I m 23 years old I m doing marketing job. My daily bike running is 60-70 km. So I tired about backbone pain. So please help me what to do?
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS A SIMPLIFIED VERSION FOR PATIENTS UNDERSTANDING AND KNOWLEDGE:
Knee replacement surgery- which is also known as knee arthroplasty, helps to relieve the pain in the knee thereby restoring the knee function. During this procedure, a surgeon cuts the damaged cartilage and bone from the kneecap, thighbone, and shinbone and replaces the same with an artificial joint comprising of high-grade plastics, alloys, and polymers. A patient/surgeon has the liberty to choose the type of knee joint he/she prefers based on factors such as weight, age, overall health etc.
Signs that might indicate a knee replacement surgery
- The pain in the knee keeps coming back all the time.
- The knee aches after a brisk walk or during an ongoing exercise session.
- The mobility of a person has gradually decreased over time as compared to last few years.
- A supporting cane or medication isn’t delivering the desired support or pain relief.
- The knee tends to stiffen when a person sits for a long time. Example- witting through a movie or sitting in the car for too long proves to be a major hurdle.
- The pain proves to be a major problem that intervenes with sleep.
- The knee motion significantly decreases once a person tries to bend the knee.
- Climbing stairs turns out to be a major hurdle.
- Getting out of bathtubs becomes a major challenge.
- The knee becomes and stays stiff or at least half an hour after getting up from bed in the morning. If the stiffness lasts for more than 60 minutes, it is a sign of inflammatory disease.
How is a knee replacement surgery performed?
- Knee replacement surgery requires overnight stay in the hospital.
- It involves a general or spinal anesthesia.
- Once the skin over the surgical site is cleansed with an antiseptic, the doctor makes an incision and takes out the damaged surface of the knee joint.
- The knee joint is then resurfaced with a prosthesis made up of plastic and metal.
A cemented prosthesis is most commonly used during these days. The prosthesis contains 3 components
- Tibial component
- Femoral component
- Patellar component
What are the advantages of knee replacement surgery?
- The biggest advantage of this surgery is the freedom from constant and throbbing pain.
- The fact that surgery can increase the mobility also proves to be a blessing for the general condition of the patient.
- Knee replacement also helps a patient to get rid of supporting device such as a cane, wheelchair, pain medications etc.
- The feeling of stiffness also goes away after the surgery.