Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NigamYour feedback matters!
I am a mother of 1 1/2 month's toddler. Do I need to follow any particular diet? I am breast feeding my son.
Hi, I am 42 years old, I take blood pressure medicines since last 8-9 years. Just before 2 years, I was detected with diabetes Type -2, initially I was on insulin and later on, I did diet control, so doctor says, I no longer need medication. But, I still go for blood test on monthly basis. I still follow a strict diet control, but since last 2-3 times, my sugar level has been increasing i. E. Before lunch, it was 145 (approx) and post lunch it was 200 (approx). I still go for ayurvedic medicine, strict diet control, yoga and light exercise on daily basis. Please advise.
I am 5'10 in height, n my weight is 80. I don't eat much fast foods, n yet my weight is increasing. What should I do to reduce my weight and how much weight is fine according to my height?
May I know why pimples occur. I am 18 years old and facing this problem since 4 years. Please help me and let me know what steps should I take to prevent it. My face is oily. And I use garnier men acne fight face wash as a washing agent. And I have also black point white points after pimple.
I am 23 year old female. My period is irregular and it delayed upto 3 months also. During periods bleeding is also less. Please suggest some medicine.
Hlo sir / mam I am a nurse last month my duty in icu at that time I met with swine flu patient after that on my face so many pimple my skin is sensitive after 3 month my marriage so send me some tips.
I recently checked my body glucose level it shows me that I am suffering from diabetes. What are measures to be taken to control the diabetes?
Sir, My girlfriend is suffering from white discharge since last 5 days. Actually I study on net, when girl is pregnant she suffer white discharge. I am confused. I had sex with her after her 12th day of mc. Can she be pregnant?
I have pimple problems on face and I want to reduce the black spot so pls suggest me some solutions.
Hi I have been suffering from depression and anxiety since years I went to a psychiatrist he prescribed too many meds which made matters worse. My family doctor has put me on mirtaz 7.5 and due to severe problem of falling asleep I'm on zolfresh 10 my depression is a little better as its been 15 days but I still am not being able to fall asleep n when I do my whole day is gone as I land up sleeping in at 5 am n 6 n getting up late we have tried having the medicine earlier in the night so I sleep on time but doesn't help. I have a problem falling asleep sleeping not staying asleep. I face erections problems too. Kindly help with a solution n a prescription which works well with mirtaz for falling asleep and for my ed issue as well Kindly suggest the medicine n plan of action from your side.
I have a cut on my forehead just near to the eye brows which is near about 3-4 mm deep I taken tha first-aid. Will it required to go for stitches if it is yes then is it possible to remove mark of tha cut.
I have a Chronic pain in my Spinal cords vertebrate paraelal to shoulder. Its pain stays whole time. Sometimes its intensity increases. From so many years.in MRI Report does not show any disease. But it pains so much Thanks
Sir my 20 years old but my weight only 40 k.g and no good personality. My Brest is 26 only how can I devlop my weight and my breast .pls give me solution.
I am very depressed because of exam tension. Please help me to come out from it. I am too depressed please help.
Every woman likes to look into the mirror and find not an extra strand of hair on her face, be it the upper lip or near the ears. While it is not uncommon for women to have hair on these and other areas, most women resort to multiple ways to get rid of this. The pattern of this unnecessary hair growth is very similar to the pattern seen in males normally.
This condition of excessive hair growth is known as hirsutism and can be caused by multiple causes, as listed below.
- Genetic or racial: While the European women have a more clean face that is free of hair, the Mediterranean and Indian women are highly likely to have more facial hair growth. There is also a strong family history relation, and it is hereditary.
- Androgens (testosterone): This is a male hormone, essential for the development of male sexual characters. Though it is present in very minute amounts in all women, in some, there could be higher than these minimal levels, leading to minor masculine characters, facial hair being one of them.
- Hormonal imbalances: There are multiple hormonal issues which can manifest as increased facial hair growth. The two most common ones include polycystic ovarian syndrome ((PCOS)) and adrenal conditions including tumours, Cushing's syndrome, and hyperplasia. In all these cases, there is increased amount of androgens, leading to excessive facial hair.
- Medication side effect: Some medications like testosterone, cyclosporine, anabolic steroids, and Minoxidil also lead to increased amounts of facial hair in women. Some other medications used to treat migraines, seizures, schizophrenia, and hypertension can also cause hirsutism. This is indirectly due to increased levels of male hormones in the system, producing these effects.
- Birth control pills: These also affect the hormone levels and lead to increased facial hair.
- Obesity: Most women with facial hair are also on the heavier side, and most people have a reduction in hair once weight is managed.
Treatment: The underlying cause should be treated for controlling hair growth. If there is an inducing medication, an alternative should be looked at. While hormone levels can be altered, in most cases, not much can be done. These need to be dealt with using one of the following methods - depilatory creams, waxing, plucking, shaving, laser reduction, electrolysis, and weight loss.
When reading through the above, it is obvious that a lot of causes for hirsutism point towards hormones. This also helps identify hormonal abnormalities in the earlier stages. This helps to identify hormonal disorders in their earlier stages, which are managed with lesser complications. The next time you feel there is more hair on your chin or cheeks, get your hormone levels checked. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.