Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nidhi DoshiYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from dry mouth from last two month. When ever I go outside, within few minutes and so this problem starts, and I feel like thirsty so I drink water but within few minutes again the same thing happens. During that I drink lots of water and my stomach become full but after that also my mouth keep during. Please suggest me what should I do to get rid of this.
My friend is 14 yrs old (male) he is having yellow teeth, he wants to get white teeth what should he do.
I have gum swelling. Not resolved in 3 weeks now what to do. Not effected all tooth but right side 3 teeth top front behind teeth leftside 2 teeth out side.
Nobody is happy with their teeth and everybody wants whiter, brighter teeth. In the last few decades, tooth whitening is one of the most commonly done cosmetic dental procedures. Majority of these people are in the age of 10 to 25, who are very conscious about their looks.
What needs to be understood is that dental whitening is permissible to a certain extent. Not many people realize this and continue to use teeth whiteners even after the desired result is achieved in an effort to get it a couple of more shades lighter. This is something that we need to watch our for.
Safety of tooth whitening: Some of the supposedly unsafe aspects of tooth whitening are most products used currently are tested both on patients and in laboratory and are proven to be completely safe. However, overuse or misuse of these products can lead to issues. The active chemical ingredient in most of these products is hydrogen peroxide. Most of the products contain about 10% carbamide peroxide, which breaks into hydrogen peroxide and urea. There are claims that this is carcinogenic. However, this is not the case and there is no strong correlation. Also, if the application is done correctly, there is very minimal exposure to hydrogen peroxide directly.
The second issue that most people associate with tooth whitening is tooth sensitivity and gum irritation. Both these symptoms are directly related to the percentage of carbamide peroxide. It is shown that products with more than 10% produce more teeth sensitivity and gum irritation than those that contain less than 10%. Improper tray selection can lead to gum irritation. Also, patients who are overzealous and go about whitening their teeth further can end up with severe sensitivity. The explanation in these cases is the enamel is worn off by the chemical leading to exposed dentinal tubules which, even when exposed due to caries, can cause sensitivity.
Listed below are some ways to avoid or reduce sensitivity:
- When using the bleaching tray applicator, use it only for the recommended period of time. Do not keep it longer to make the teeth whiter.
- Use a paste that is meant for sensitive teeth. The potassium nitrate in these will help relieve sensitivity.
- Use a product with fluoride so that the teeth can remineralize. This can be used before and after tooth whitening for up to 4 minutes.
It is advisable to avoid tooth whitening in some cases like the following:
- Breast feeding
- Ceramic crowns or bridges in the front teeth - these cannot be bleached
- Gingival disease with gum recession and exposed root - the sensitivity is sure to quite high
To avail the best results, always use clinically proven products under the supervision of a dentist.
A ball hit the right side of my chin while playing football. My jaw hurts and around and in my ear. I can open my mouth fully and chew bit it feels out pf place. Please help me.
I do not brush regularly I realised its my mistake. Now my teeth has plaque n tartar. Someone told me for cleansing. But you scared if my teeth become weak. What to do. Please help can I take one dentist cleansing. Or any other way toh eliminate plaque and tartar.
You can exercise for healthier gums as well. Gently bite down so as to make sure that your teeth make a clinking sound when they meet. Repeat this 30 to 40 times continuously. This exercise will stimulate the flow of blood and will keep your gums healthy.
Can any one tell me reasonable and reliable treatment option for dental problem? my mother is aged 64 and she is having sensitization problem in her teeth she also need to done 2 root canals and 3 tooth extraction and 4 implants and some crowns so for each of these can you please give me quotation as my budget is tight please give me reasonable rates so that I can come and get mu treatment privately. I am ok to have my treatment in hyderabad or ahmedabad location so feel free to get back to me by doctors of both location.
I am 27 years old. I want to know if I can put braces in my teeth. My upper front teeth need braces. Should I go for it and will it work? please answer.
My mother has a broken teeth inside gum and suffer from pain since two days. Due to this she also has sensitivity problem towards hot and cold. What could she do.
Hi I have a problem in my teeth that gap is coming between teeth. This problem was stated just one year back. I take it normally but now it won't look nice. I want a perfect solution for this. If any treatment there please suggest it and also tell the maximum cost of the treatment.
Dear Sir, mere danto ko kida kha liye hain jisse danto men bahut dard rahta hai kripya achchi dava batayen jisse dard thik ho jaye aur eska purn nidan bhi batane ka kast karen.
What is the std that can cause painful mouth sores that goes and comes every weeks and that lymph node and itching sometimes.
Since last month there is pain in my left upper teeth. When I consult a Doctor for this he prescribed some medicine, paste and asked for x-ray. After x-ray he suggested for Root Canal Treatment and Capping due to gap occurred between two teeth. I would like to know is that better for me to have a Root Canal Treatment.
Ever wondered how good it would be if a tooth lost can be placed back in place? That is just what the dental implant does. Unlike the dentures, which replace only the crown portion of the tooth, the implant replaces the crown and the root portion of the tooth.
What’s more the chances of decay are less and there is no fear of mobility. The dental implant replaces the natural tooth to the maximum extent possible, both in terms of chewing efficiency and stability of the tooth. It can take almost as much pressure as the natural tooth, with hardly any restrictions on diet.
When properly fabricated, the dental implant can last a lifetime. However, this longevity depends on two sets of factors. The first is the overall oral health of the patient and the second is the post-implant care.
Oral health: Before deciding that a person is to go for an implant, the following are considered:
The person should have very good jaw bone support: The titanium post that will be used as the root portion is placed into the gum ridge and unless the jaw bone is extremely healthy, it will not be able to support this. Also, the post will be in left in place to get integrated into the bone for about 4 to 6 months. During this phase, the oral health should be maintained extremely well.
Placement: The implant should be done by someone qualified to do an implant, not just by any dentist. Good fabrication of the implant is very essential for its longevity.
Good oral hygiene measures: This is a prerequisite for choosing, if a person is a candidate for a dental implant. If the oral hygiene habits are doubtful, then it would not be worth investing the time, effort, and money on an implant.
Post-implant insertion care: Once the post is absorbed into the bone and the crown has been placed, meticulous care should be taken to ensure there is no plaque formation in and around the implant. The gums have to be maintained healthy through regular brushing, flossing, interdental brushing and frequent mouth rinses. This will ensure the gums are healthy and can support the implant for years to come. Regular visits to the dentist every 6 months and scaling in the dental office are also mandatory when you have an implant.
The overall health of the person also ensures success of implants. Chronic uncontrolled conditions like heart disease, stress, diabetes, and smoking adversely affect the oral health and therefore the success of an implant. These are also associated with a greater risk of gum and periodontal disease. Managing these optimally also adds to longevity of dental implants. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
Sir, I am 20 years old I had 3 teeth cavity in my mouth. The three teeth are pain in every day, every moment slightly pain. I have used so many pain relief medicine and liquid medicine but these are working few minutes but no one permanently relief. What should I do now? Please help.
You may not look forward to a dental examination, but you can't avoid it. A dental checkup every six months is crucial to your dental health and to maintain that beautiful smile. Skipping a dental checkup may save you time and a little discomfort now, but can cost you much more pain, time and money in the long run.
Here are 6 reasons to maintain a regular dental check up schedule:
- Fight Cavities: A clean up is a big part of a dental examination. No matter how well you brush and floss, there will always be spots that you miss out on. With time, plaque and tartar can build up in these spots leading to cavities if not addressed in time. The worst part about cavities is that you can feel them only once the tooth has been damaged. Thus, if you skip your dental examination, you may need a filling instead of a simple cleaning.
- Prevent gum disease: Plaque and tartar affect not only your teeth, but your gums as well leading to diseases like gingivitis and periodontitis. These are marked by shrinking of the gums that makes teeth sockets loose and eventually lead to tooth loss. Gum disease treatment can be very painful and expensive hence it is best to get plaque and tartar cleaned regularly before they begin to cause a problem.
- A brighter smile: Your daily cup of coffee or tea can stain your teeth with time. Wine and cigarettes also contribute towards making your teeth look dull. A professional dental cleaning can help remove these stains and give you a brighter smile.
- Find hidden problems: X rays are also an important part of a dental examination. An X-ray can detect problems that lie under the surface like misaligned teeth, bone decay, tumors and cysts. These problems rarely show any symptoms in their early stages and hence without an X-ray you would have to wait for it to advance to a more painful stage before seeking treatment.
- Boost overall health: Regular dental checkups can also lower your risk for heart disease and stroke. In addition to checking your mouth, a dentist will also check neck, jaw and lymph nodes during a regular check up for swelling and other abnormalities. This can help in the early detection and treatment of a number of diseases.
- Detect oral cancer: Oral cancer is easily treatable if diagnosed in its early stages. However, the only way to diagnose this correctly is by visiting the dentist. A test for oral cancer is pain free and takes hardly any time.
So, think about it. Visiting the dentist may make you a little uncomfortable but in the long run is well worth.