Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nidha GulzarYour feedback matters!
I have pain in my teeth .my gums are little bulky. Sometime blood comes out of gums. And teeth are getting black .there is smell coming out of mouth even after brushing twice a day. Kindly give me some recommendation for relief.
My mouth is smelling since last 10 day even I brushed twice in a day and using closeup tooth paste Tell me who can I rid off this smell.
I have yellow teeth. According to the dentist I visited recently ,bleaching is the only option I am left with. I have done scaling 2-3 times. They appear a bit whiter after scaling and then after some days they again get yellow. What do you suggest? Are there any side effects of the same?
Sir In my mouth 1 white spot is there, When ever I eat something it taste chill. Form childhood I have this problem. Sir please tell me what to do. Thank you Sir.
I'm suffering from teeth pain. Its too pain full. What can I do for this? Im takes lots of pain killer for pain. Is it too much bad for me? Or its ok?
White patches on teeth are formed due to many reasons. There are many factors contributing to this. The appearance of the white patches is just like tiny white patches or spots randomly here and there on the teeth. They look odd and may give an impression of poor health and hygiene.
The causes of white patches on the teeth
White patches are formed on the teeth for the following common reasons:
- If the teeth are ill formed during development and more calcium is released than required during the development stages, then the excess calcium gets deposited on the teeth as the white patches. You may see them as spots which many be light in color or flashy white.
- Fluorosis is another common factor, which causes the white patches. This occurs in childhood. During the developing years, if the child's teeth get an excess supply of fluorides, then the white patches develop on the teeth.
- Mineral depletion is another cause for the white patches. This happens mostly for loss of calcium. If calcium is scarce, then the small white spots are developed on teeth, and the problem is referred to as hypocalcification.
- If you had been wearing braces for years, and didn't take care of teeth around the braces, then also white spots may develop when you take off the braces.
The various ways of treating the white spots
While the damage is done due to hypocalcification in developmental stages or due to excess fluorides in the developing years can't be reversed, but the appearance can definitely be taken care of. The management is done as follows:
- Tooth bleaching is an option. The bleach brings uniformity in the teeth color and therefore, conceals the discoloration.
- Air abrasion is another process where tiny crystal particles are blown towards the patches of calcium deposits, and this depletes the calcium. The removal of excess calcium brings a balance in teeth color.
- If there are dentures or gaps formed in the teeth after removal of calcium deposits, then a filling will be done to add to the portion to bring natural color balance and smoothness.
- Tooth capping and porcelain veneer can be added or crowned on tooth so that complete concealing is done of the white spots; this is done when in no other way the visible spots can be managed.
Prevention is better than cure and therefore, practicing dental hygiene and oral care is the best way to prevent the problem. Also a periodic dental checkup has to be done in every six months.
I am 24 yr old and I have problem in my mouth that is coming blood from teeth when I was brushing. Can you please tell me who to resolve it?
Dear sir/Mam My front teeth has broken in an accident. Now, there is huge pain. So please guide me, what should I have do for repair my tooth and losing pain.
One option is to get a dental implant. This is a procedure where an Implantologist surgically places an artificial tooth that’s surgically fused in the jawbone—a fantastic long-term option for tooth replacement. Decades ago, if you lost a tooth, your choices were a fixed bridge or removable dentures. Fixed bridges rely on neighboring healthy teeth as anchors, which can have a negative impact on them down the road. And, removable dentures can slip or make embarrassing clicking sounds when you speak.
A dental implant—made of titanium metal—fuses to the jawbone, serving as the root of the missing tooth. Unlike fixed bridges, which may need to be replaced two and three times during a lifetime, implants are durable and rarely, if ever, need to be replaced.