Find numerous Speech Therapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Language Therapy Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Therapy Oral Language
Submit a review for Dr. Nehal KothariYour feedback matters!
Hello. I have faced speaking problem (fumbel, very fast speaking) from my childhood nd this problem made my lyf worst in many occasions. Nd this problem especially trigger on too much anger, happiness and in my odd situations .plz suggest me what to do? Will I talk fluent, clear like others? Is it treatable or not? Or should I concert which doctor.
I have a habit of smattering. I always start smattering when I was speaking in public. That was very embarrassing for me. So I want to know how could I get rid from this.
Sir I am Yahiya khan I am suffering from stammering problem for last 3-4 years before that my father is also the sufferer of this problem. Due to this problem I feel great inconvenience before speaking anyone. And I should not able to answer the question oral in class whether I know the answer well. I should not express my word because of this problem. Sir please help me as soon as possible. I hope you are feel my problem of voice. Thank you!
I speak r for l .because of this my speech is not clear. This problem I have from childhood. Here I want to ask if this can be cured. I face lack of confidence due to this.
My frn shyam have some voice problem, in short you can he has little stammering problem, is this any treatment for himm.
I am 22 years old. And now I am still babble. I don't babble too much but only a word that is (r) that I can't say clearly. And I think that I can remove the babbling but I don't no how. Will you please tell me about the disease and the solution. I really want to stop babbling. Please help me.
I am 34 years male, I want to change my character traits, I am always hesitate to speak up for myself, cant take decisions, cant take responsibility, always jump from one thought to another and job, not talkative, jovial. Probably have attention deficit, ADD. Start things with energy but get bored or not faith about the outcome and quit it. How to change me.
Since childhood I speak very fast and some times I feel difficult in speaking few words. How to reduce it.
I am 18 years old female since onme month I have a throat problem and little bit swelling and developing nasal speech I can not speech some words clearly what should I do?
I have stuttering problem while speaking. I am trying for bpo companies, they are saying you have good English even though because of stuttering they are backing while selecting and moreover I'm saying post me into non voice section but my talks are desperate. For proper communication please guide me what steps I need to follow. When I start speaking unknowingly my chest part starts jolting, increases my heart beat and my mind goes off with tense and I will go out of track from what I supposed to speak. From kindergarten I'm suffering from stammering. Please guide me what kind of remedies I need to follow to talk like a normal person.
I am 24 year old male Whenever I want to speak in from of any person than my voice don't come clearly from tough and also suddenly got nervous in front of any one.
Sir I have some problem in talking. When I talk unknowingly my words express very fast by me so that some of my words not understand by others. Again some letters are not pronounced correctly. Please tell me what to do and which type of doctors I prefer. Or prescribe me some medicine.
My name is akshay. I am 22 years old. My problem is that I stutter sometimes when I speak. And this problem arise about 3 years ago. What should I do to stop my stammering problem permanently?
Language disorder is commonly known as language impairment, it is a common childhood disorder, which makes it difficult for kids to understand what the people around them are saying to them and to face difficulty in following simple directions, it also includes difficulty in expressing the thoughts and feeling through speech.
Language disorder can be classified as:
- Receptive language disorder: This disorder makes it difficult to understand what the other person is saying to the one suffering from it.
- Expressive language disorder: Kids suffering from it are not able to express themselves and their thoughts.
- Mixed receptive expressive disorder: These kids have combined symptoms of receptive language disorder and expressive language disorder, making it difficult to understand and to make someone else understand.
Symptoms of language disorder:
- Difficulty in understanding: The ones suffering from language disorder, finds it difficult to understand what the people around them are saying.
- Limited vocabulary: It is one of the prominent symptoms, in which the vocabulary of the kids is very limited as compared to other kids of that age.
- Trouble learning new things: Learning new things is a difficult task for the kid suffering from language disorder
- Repeat usage of certain phrases: Kids tend to use the same phrase again and again, which is one of the basic symptoms.
- Frustration: As the kid is either not able to understand or to make other understand or both, kids with this disorder tend to remain more frustrated in comparison to other kids, as they are unable to do things.
- Sentences which do not make sense: Making incomplete or senseless sentences is a key indicator of language disorder.
What you should do?
- Speech therapist: The treatment may include speech therapy, in which the speech therapist will work towards building the vocabulary and improving the grammar of the kids suffering, making the kids more confident and feel good about themselves.
- Psychotherapy: If the kid is also suffering from emotional issues because of the language disorder, then one should also undergo Psychotherapy, as it not only improves the morale of the patient, but also provides the guidance on how to keep improving further from the language disorder.
- Positive Atmosphere: The kids suffering from such a disorder should be made comfortable enough to enjoy their being, giving plenty of time to your young ones is the best way to cure such disorder, so one should always communicate well with his kids and make them learn new things, sing to them, listen to various sounds, show different pictures, colours, shapes to make them learn.
- Parental Support: The parents should also understand the issue well, be patient, and should support the kid to work out on the disorder. Parents should also interact with other parents, who have been there, to learn more about the language disorders and how their kids overcome the disorder.
As language disorder is one of common issue in kids, this can be managed and cured well to improve after all the required knowledge and best practices to follow.