Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Dr. Nehal J SequeiraYour feedback matters!
I am a 21 year old. I want to quit smoking. I was smoke almost 10 years. I am not a occasionally smoker, daily 3 package smoke. Please help me.
I am losing my memory within 10 or 15 minutes if I remembered it 3or more times it will be in my memory otherwise I can't recall it wat can I do.
The sour memories of my past school life and previous life aren't just letting me live. They are haunting me again and again. Am not able to focus on my work. Am 21 years old.
I am 25 year old female. I have a real short temper and get angry at everyone around me which is having an impact on my relations. Please advice.
I have fixed in mind strongly that I'm worth nothing in this world. How to come out of this. I am not able get job from past 2years.
I am having depression n taking pills of it. But couldn't having proper sleep. I sleep only 3-4 hrs a day and then suddenly my sleep broke n Heart beat gets faster. What should I do tell me please.
Hi Doctor, I am 22 years old. Usually I am very cool. But in some situations I get tensed and get angry. Please suggest me how to reduce the anger.
Stressed due to various works and could not concentrate on single work. Please advice what should i do?
Please help me doctor, I am 25 years and I am very much depressed due to love failure because of which I became very emotional and aggressive I am not interested even to speak with any one. I am behaving very rduly in anger afterwards for which I feel very bad. Please help me suggest me how to control my anger and how to be happy.
My boy is aged 16yrs. He is very poor in study and very lazy and careless. When we try to understand for leaving lazyness and to be serious study he behave unlisten. He don't have dream for his future even not any hobby. Kindly suggest what I should do.
Anxiety often leads to the development of phobias. An unreasonable fear of being in social situations is known as social anxiety or social phobia. People suffering from such a phobia may be afraid of specific social settings like public speaking or generic social events such as eating with others or using public telephones. They are afraid that they will embarrass themselves or be humiliated in front of others. Being in such a situation can often build up into a panic attack. In many cases, the person himself is aware that his fear is irrational but cannot overcome it. Hence, here are a few tips to overcome social phobia.
- Relax: The first thing you need to do is learn to relax. People with phobias often anticipate them and stress themselves out before the situation can present itself. Being anxious heightens sensitivity and worsens your response to a social situation. Hence, before stepping out or meeting someone, take a deep breath and relax. Instead of focusing on the stressful situation, think about something in the future like getting home to a nice cup of tea.
- Test yourself: Make a list of the situations that you are afraid of and anticipate the level of anxiety you think it would cause. Then test this hypothesis by putting yourself in the situation. For example, if you fear walking into a crowded room, try doing it once. You may find that you cope with the situation better then you anticipated. Keep a record of these hypothesis and test results.
- Practice doing what scares you: Some situations may scare you too much to dive straight into them. In such cases, practice what you would do if you were in such a situation by yourself or with someone you trust. Run the situation in your head and imagine what you would do if it were actually happening.
- Look around: Social awkwardness is often caused by imaging that people can read your thoughts and thus focusing on them rather than the people you are talking to or the space you are in. Train your mind to notice things around you and be aware of your situation. Focusing outwards can lower your anxiety and enhance your ability to hold a conversation with people. To make this a habit, whenever you walk into a room make a mental note of three things in the room.
- Ask questions: An easy way to shift focus from yourself to people around you is by asking questions. When you someone a question listen to their response and if you still aren't comfortable talking about your own views, ask another related question. This will not give your mind time to dwell on any negative thoughts and can even increase your social circle.