Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Resp Sir, Me suffering from sugar remain higher side approx 300-550. Is its treatment in homeopathy possible. My ankles inner side and near ankles backside just above the heels remain stressful, problem in waking pain is much. Some test done as:- Age -40 yrs Creatinine. -0.8, SGOT-21.4, SGPT-27.3, S Cholesterol -197, S Triglycerides -215, HDL chole-45, LDL chole -109, VLDL chole -43, uric acid -4.8, s cholesterol/hdlc ratio 4.38, how s triglycerides can come down .pl s ggest.
My fasting sugar 130. Pp after 2h is 185. Am I diabetic. If yes, how serious or level it is. Should I need to take medicine or exercise and food control can help. Can it damage my organs if I maintain this level by exercise and food control ?
My friends body temperature gets up and down she had pain in her throat continuously can she do the thyroid test.
I am 50 years old male. I am suffering from Wilson disease coupled with cirrhosis of liver. At present I am administering Atramine 250 mg (2-0-1), Ciplar LA 40 mg (1-0-0), Benadon 40 mg (1/2-0-0), Folvite 0.5 mg (0-0-1) and rivotril 0.5 mg SOS (at night). Do you have any special advice for me?
My son 13 yrs old has type 1 diabetes since last 7 yrs. He is not ready to inject before meals. He undstands its ill effects slso but is fed up of pricks 4 times a day. Please suggest how to resolve.
Sir, I have hypothyroidism for past 2 years. Medication is 50 mg thyrox. But still feel drowsy not energetic. It makes me lazy and depressed. Also suffering from from gastritis. Severe regurgitation after food. Help me.
Diabetes is a chronic condition where the glucose level of the body rises too high. There are two types of diabetes - type 1 and type 2. In case of type 1 diabetes, the body fails to produce insulin and people suffering from this condition have to depend on insulin injections for the rest of their life. In case of type 2 diabetes the body produces less amount of insulin, which is not enough for the proper functioning of the body.
This type of diabetes can be kept under control by following a healthy diet and practicing exercise regularly.
Why diabetic wounds can cause severe problems:
Diabetes can cause a number of complications that makes it harder for certain wounds to heal. These include:
- Nerve Damage: Until a cut or blister worsens and becomes inflamed, in case of neuropathy, you will not experience the pain. Diabetics often suffer from neuropathy, making it difficult for wounds to heal.
- Weak immune system: A minor wound may even get severe and become infected if your immune system fails to exercise its natural defenses.
- Narrow arteries: Blocked arteries may cause severe wounds which becomes difficult to heal. Clogged arteries make it difficult for the blood to flow to the affected area which slows the process of wound healing.
Treating a diabetic wound:
In order to ensure that the diabetic wound does not get infected, below mentioned methods can be used:
- Take care of the wound immediately. If the wound is not cleaned and taken care of immediately, it can lead to bacteria build-up, which will lead to infection.
- Avoid using soaps and hydrogen peroxide to irritate the injury. Use antibiotic lotions to prevent infection and a sterile bandage to keep the affected area covered.
- Consult your doctor before any minor problem turns big.
- Since the bottom of the foot is a common place for developing blisters and calluses in case of diabetic people, try to keep pressure off the wound as it slowly healing.