Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Neha ShaYour feedback matters!
Lump in back. Felt when touched. What tests should I do? I don't have any other health issues. Can it be cancerous.
Once breast cancer operation done is there any chance to repeat cancer? Which test to be done in future?
Neck cancer refers to the formation of cancer cells in the throat or neck region of your body. Neck cancer is commonly seen in people above sixty years of age .But people above forty can also have the chances of getting neck cancer. Though the symptoms of neck cancer can vary from one person to the other,
Some of the common symptoms are stated as follows:
- Neck cancer affects the voice box, so a change in your voice can be noticed.
- Weight loss is also a symptom for neck cancer.
- A person suffering from neck cancer can also suffer from dysphagia or difficulty in swallowing.
- Sore throat in some cases can be considered as a symptom of neck cancer
- Bleeding from mouth or through your nose is also a common symptom for neck cancer.
- Ear pain in some cases is a symptom of neck cancer.
- Coughing persistently is also regarded as a symptom of neck cancer.
- Sometimes a lump in the neck is also noticed and it is usually painless.
- Some people also encounter breathing problem.
- In some cases a swelling of the neck, jaw or eyes can also be noticed.
Neck cancer involves certain risk factors too. Neck cancer can be treated in many ways. The following are few treatments available for neck cancer:
- Surgery: Your doctor can conduct a surgery for removing the tumors from your neck region. The doctor may decide to do either a microsurgery or laser treatment or endoscopy.
- Chemotherapy: If the tumor spreads to other regions or is large in size, then your doctor may recommend chemotherapy.
- Radiation: It is used to destroy the malignant cells. It is usually conducted after removing the tumor.
These three are the common treatments followed by doctors. Your doctor may also take help of other treatments like administering drugs to control the growth of cancer cells. But, sometimes treatments fail to work if the process of metastasis starts. So you should not ignore it, as soon as you encounter any of the symptoms stated above, visiting an oncologist is highly recommended.
Excessive prostatic fluid secretion even at mild excitement and starts burning inside the penis in urinary tract.
Is there any medication in allopathy for prostrate enlargement? Is surgery the only option available?
Hello Can please anyone suggest that what food must we eat if we are having prostate cysts. Is fast food and eggs good for us or has some danger. Kindly suggest.
My father was laser operate for prostate on 15 march 2017. Prostate was 53.6 gm. But after operation he has no control on urine. Doctor says that it will take 4-5 week. Is he right or not.
One of the major causes of death worldwide is lung cancer and it has been continuously affecting men and women accounting for about 150,000 deaths every year. Astonishingly, this figure is more than the combined death rate of the next three kinds of cancer, namely, colon, breast, and pancreatic cancer.
As with any type of cancer, lung cancer to has increased life expectancy when diagnosed in the earlier stages. Thus, being informed about the causes and signs of this deadly disease becomes critical to treat the condition.
The prevalent causes
The major risk factor for lung cancer is smoking and second-hand or passive smoking. The risks are increased when the smokers are exposed to other potential risk factors such as getting exposed radon and asbestos.
Who should be screened?
- As said earlier, cancer when diagnosed early has an increased success rate for a cure.
- Most people do not admit that they are vulnerable to lung cancer and this mindset has to be changed first and foremost.
- There are many people who would benefit from an early diagnosis. This is because the modern medical procedures are highly beneficial in changing the lives of the affected, for better.
- People, who are avid smokers or have a history of smoking, should always opt for lung cancer screening.
- In this regard, it should be kept in mind that people, who have stopped smoking for the last 15 years, should also be tested.
- People belonging to the age group of 55-80 and who have smoked in the past should also come under the screening procedure.
Who should not be tested and why?
Lung cancer is a ghastly disease, but still, it is advised that everyone should not be screened. These tests involve a lot of risks, which are indeed severe.
- The first risk is the false-positive test result wherein the test confirms that the patient is suffering from the disease, but he is not.
- The second risk is over-diagnosis where the cancer is at a benign stage, but there are unnecessary treatments considering it to be dangerous.
Lastly, there is the risk of exposure to radiation.
So, who is the right candidate?
Now the question arises, who should be asked to screen themselves for lung cancer? Or, when is the ideal time to for screening? Because of the risks associated with CT scanning and the chances of doing more harm than good to people who are not prone to having lung cancer, the doctors recommend screening to only those people who are at high risk. Unfortunately, the symptoms of this disease are almost nil in number. To be an ideal candidate for screening, the patient should be in good health and should have a smoking habit as mentioned above.
Contact of the genital area), your risk of developing cervical cancer is very low. Women who have never been sexually active may therefore decide not to have a cervical screening test when invited. However, you can still have a test if you want one. If you’re not sure, talk to your GP or practice nurse. Find out why cervical screening is offered and when cervical screening is offered, which includes information on why some women may not need a test. Read the answers to more.
Hello madam/sir. I want to ask you that my mom's having CA right breast cancer. She is under treatment taking herceptin Injection along with saline once in a month. Suddenly she got feel paining on her left upper chest just upper portion from the left breast. What should we do is that heart disease? She has back thought out pain also. Spinal cord. Now seriously scared about that coz of cancer? Kindly help us.
Hi sir. How to find out oral cancer in early stage? How much cost for cancer checkup? I used to chewing gutka, so I want to go for oral cancer checkup. Please help me.
Hello I am 21 years girl and I had once pain in breast an since last 2 days its hard around nipples what should I do an is it a symptom of breast cancer?
Are you suffering from cancer? Your diet plays an important part when you are a undergoing cancer treatment. There are several types of food items, which are actually beneficial for healing cancer. By including these items in your regular diet, there are chances of better healing. Here are 10 food items that help in healing cancer:
- Green leafy vegetables: You must consume green leafy vegetables, such as spinach, collard greens, kale, watercress and arugula salad as they contain vitamins, minerals, enzymes and antioxidants. Also they are low in calories, sodium, fat and toxins and are a storehouse of antibacterial plus antiviral components, which inactivate carcinogens and help in killing program cancer cells. The formation of tumor is prevented. The chemicals turn into biological compounds and break down cancer cells.
- Cruciferous vegetables: These vegetables are capable cancer killers and are rich in vitamin C. All vegetables belonging to the brassica family of cruciferous vegetables contain isothiocyanates, which help in the prevention of cancer. Vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower also contain sulforaphanes and indoles, which protect the DNA structure.
- Berries: Berries contain antioxidants and proanthocyanidin antioxidants. These are capable of reducing free-radical damage. You should add blueberries, strawberries, goji berries and cherries to your diet.
- Fresh herbs and spices: Turmeric contains curcumin, which helps in reducing the tumor size and fighting breast and colon cancer. Its properties help in fighting inflammation. Other herbs such as ginger, garlic, oregano, basil and parsley help in boosting the body’s immunity.
- Organic meats: Organic meats such as chicken or beef liver are considered effective for cancer patients. This is because they are dense in nutrient content and contain vitamin B12 in high quantity. Consuming organic meat helps in the cleansing of your liver and removing toxins from the digestive tract.
- Cultured dairy products: Cultured dairy products contain probiotics or good bacteria. These help in promoting a natural bacterial balance in the intestinal microflora and increasing immunity. These food products prevent tumor growth and help with cell regeneration. You should have raw milk products like yoghurt, cheese and kefir.
- Nuts and seeds: Chia seeds and flax seeds provide omega-3 fatty acids and important minerals. Hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds are also essential for a cancer patient.
- Healthy unrefined oils: Oils such as coconut, flax, extra-virgin olive oil and cod-liver oil nourish the gut and your immune functions are boosted.
- Mushrooms: Mushrooms are of different types and offer different benefits. In general, all mushrooms increase a body’s immunity to fight with cancer. You should add reishi, maitake and cordyceps mushrooms to your diet.
For consuming an ideal diet, which comprises cancer preventing and cancer-fighting foods, you should consult a dietitian.
The above food help in prevention and recovery from cancer. In any case, rest is equally important and also fluids. Diet to regular chemo session, one might feel anorexic with persistent nausea, so having them in small portions in advisable. One can opt for organic versions of these, to ensure good quality. Try avid consuming them absolutely raw, stir fry, boiled are some recommendable methods. Cancer can be patience testing disease to cope up with it best is to have a positive attitude for better recovery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Diets high in saturated fat increase the risk of prostate cancer. As per a report from University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston published in the International Journal of Cancer:
Men who consume high saturated animal fat diet are two times more likely to experience disease progression after prostate cancer surgery than men with lower saturated fat intake.
There is also shorter "disease–free" survival time among obese men who eat high saturated fat diet compared with non–obese men consuming diets low in saturated fat.
Men with a high saturated fat intake had the shortest survival time free of prostate cancer (19 months)
Non–obese men with low fat intake survived the longest time free of the disease (46 months).
Non–obese men with high intake and obese men with low intake had "disease–free" survival of 29 and 42 months, respectively.
Take home messages
High saturated fat diet has been linked to cancer of the prostate
Reducing saturated fat in the diet after prostate cancer surgery can help reduce cancer progression.
Cancer prostate has the same risk factors as that of heart blockages and both are linked to high saturated fat intake.
With an increase in number of heart patients, a corresponding increase in prostate cancer patients is also seen in the society.
How many time should I masturbate in a month so that I do not suffer from prostate cancer or any other disease?
Dear Dr. My sister whose age is 27 years, in her head there is a small ball which is soft like a balloon filed with water, but there is no any pain, the ball is minimum 2 to 3 years old, shes body is too slim, please suggest me what to do ?
My grand mother had a breast cancer so please how to rectify the problem and I am a modern people please reduce the loss of money to solve this problem regards ranji.
Causes and symptoms of Head and Neck Cancer
My name is Dr. Manish Julaha and I practice Head & Neck Oncosurgery. Today I'll tell you some facts about Head and Neck cancer how to predict them early. So in India approxiately 1.2 million cancer patients are detected every year, and out of this one thirds of the number occur in head and neck, mainly oral cavity and throat. And this is a very big number if you compare with rest of the countries because head and neck cancer they account for less than 10% in western countries and less than 4% in U.S. So what is the cause of such high number of head and neck cancers in India. It is mainly the use of tobacco and another sad fact about head and neck cancer in India is that majority of the patients, you can say more than 65% are present in stage 3 or stage 4. And we say cancer is curable if it is detected early and when patients presents to us in such late stages it effects all the paramaeters like overall survival, treatment outcome, side effects, functional outcome, quality of life everything is affected. And when patients come in early stage, the treatment is less invasive with less side effects and the functional outcome is very good and the chances of recurrence is very less.
So what can we do to detect head and neck cancer at the earliest. We can do this if we've the knowledge of the signs and symptoms which hint towards the head and neck cancer and by doing self examination. So what are the early signs and symptoms. They're mainly any ulcer in the oral cavity which dosen't heal in three weaks or any lump in the lung or oral cavity, any red or white patches in the oral cavity, or there maybe unexplained earache or nasal blockage, mainly on one side, specially with blood stained mucous discharge, ill fitting of denture because of any swelling in the gums. So, these are the early signs and symptoms. If we find any such thing we should take expert opinion. And by doing self examination we can detect head and neck cancer at the earliest. I would say all those people who're at a high risk of getting head and neck cancer they should do the self examination at least once a month. So who're the people who're at high risk of getting head and neck cancer. Most importantly those who use tobacco in any form, then elderly people above the age of 45 and people who have exposure to ionizing radiation in past, and people who have had head and neck cancer in the past they're at high risk of getting a second cancer so they should also be very careful.
Now, how to do this self examination. It is very simple, to do this you've to stand in front of the mirror and you've to feel both the lips, upper lips and lower lips, using your thumb and index finger feel both the lips and by pulling them outward you've to see the inner lining of the upper lip and lower lip and also you have to look at the upper gums and lower gums. And using your thumb and index finger pull your cheek and look at the inner lining of your cheek on both sides and look for any ulcer or lump or any red or white patches. Now just open your mouth and say "aaa" and while saying "aaa" just look at the throat and also at the roof of the mouth. Then by touching your tongue on the back of upper teeth have a look at the under surface of the tongue and the floor of mouth. Then pull your tongue outward and look at it's upper surface, by moving the sideways look at the sides also. Again look for any ulcer or lumps or any red or white patches and you have to examine your neck also. Just by standing straight palpate below the jaw bone and above the collar bones, and by moving the head backwards look for any asymmetry of the neck, if there is any fullness on one side as compared to the other side, there maybe some lump. If you find any such thing just take expert opinion.
Thank you very much for watching this video and contacting through Lybrate . Thank You.