Find numerous Acupuncturists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Acupuncturists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Neha PatankarYour feedback matters!
I have back ache problem from past 3 years which is called L1S5 (Slip Disk) whats the best solution for this problem. When I do work for long time, it gives me problem during sleep and driving an walk. Please suggest me what to do.
My daughter is 11 years old. She is not interested in normal food. Fast food and chocolates are her favourite choice. If we tried to stop her she went to bed with emty stomach. We are in great trouble with her food habits. She is suffering from constipation. Obesity is also the another problem. Her teeth are affected. Sometimes bleeding is found in her gum. What can I do in this regard.
I am suffering from cervical spondylosis but have significant controls due to meditation and few exercise. I am most affected at the time of season changes. What kind of food I need to take or say what kind food I need avoid during the season changes?
I am very thin, too odd, I want to gain some bulk, plzz suggest me something to gain bulk and look broad healthy.
My age is 31 due to stress and work load I feel a lot of weakness inside and my hands shiver I feel sexually weakness also m not able to give my 100%.
I am 65 years old I have no sugar or any other complaint I am getting knee pain and some time find it difficult to claim stairs what is the reason do I need to take calcium tablet regularly.
The human body can be compared to a very sophisticated engine that gets its power supply from the food that is eaten. Various organs require fuel for different activities be it walking, standing, stretching or even just regular maintenance where cells are constantly replaced.
The brain is one of the most complex organs in the human body. While it may not do a stretching or a jogging, it constantly needs power supply to function effectively. And as is very obvious, the body reflects the eating patterns. It is not likely that a person eating a very healthy diet would end up obese; nor does a person who is athletic eat a lot of unrefined and processed foods.
The power supply also defines how effectively the organs function, especially in the brain. Good nutrition helps good functioning of the brain. Recent studies have shown that a healthy diet can help avoid mental disorders like depression, schizophrenia problem, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), etc. This field of study is called the nutritional psychiatry.
Listed below are some food substances and how they affect brain functioning:
- Carbohydrates: These induce the production of insulin, which causes release of sugar into the body. Increased amount of sugar in the body produces better activity and mood. Tryptophan, a significant neurotransmitter is also released and further enhances mood and well-being. Eating fruits and whole grains, which contain a good amount of carbohydrates is believed to have beneficial effects on the brain, albeit slower in onset.
- Proteins: Foods such as fish, eggs, dairy, greens, peas, legumes are rich in protein and contain amino acids, which are the essential ingredients of the various neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine. Lack of amino acids like tyrosine can impair production of serotonin, leading to decreased feeling of well-being.
- Fats: The gray matter of the brain contains about 50% polyunsaturated fats, and various essential fatty acids are very essential for optimal brain functioning. Decreased levels of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids are shown to cause depression. Decreased levels of Omega-3 also leads to dyslexia and autism.
- Minerals: Various minerals are very essential for proper functioning of the brain, though they are required in very minute quantities. Calcium, chromium, iodine, iron, lithium, selenium, and zinc are some of the minerals identified as important for brain function.
- B-complex: Vitamin B2 and B6 have been proven to enhance mood and improve cognitive performance.
- Vitamin B12: In addition to delaying the onset of dementia, it also improves cerebral functioning.
- Folate: Reduced levels lead to depression and also limit the functioning of antidepressants.
As is evident, nutrition plays a very important role and a little care can help improve brain functioning to a large extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized dietitian and nutritionist and ask a free question.
Can I take Omega 3 capsule or fish oil daily. For good health. Is there any side effect. Please help.
If anyone has obesity at the age between 30 and 40 , is it possible for them to become fit and healthy but with existing weight? I mean without any change of weight.
I got married in April , my husband want I will be physically passionate. But am getting tired every time. Please suggest.
During the reproductive age, women need adequate calcium for strong bones. Since the baby takes however much calcium it requires for growth from the mother, calcium consumption should be increased to prevent the loss of calcium from the mother's bones. Women with poor general nutrition, low intake of calcium- rich foods and a positive family history of osteoporosis are more prone to get vertebral fractures from weakened bones during pregnancy. Milk and milk products, dark green leafy vegetables, sardines and other oily fish are done of the better sources of calcium.