Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Neha DholakiaYour feedback matters!
My mother is 62 year old recently she have gone through cataract operation of her left eye and after operation doctor says that her eye is in good condition and operation is completely successful but my mother usually complains pain and piercing in her operated eye. We have consulted two doctor and both are saying that eye is fine and may be due to dryness can be the cause of this so can you suggest what is actual cause and treatment for this. She is feeling so discomfort in her eye.
I have a eye sight of left eye 3.7 and right eye 1.7 so what should I do to refuse my no. please tell me.
I have eye sight 6 and that is nearsightedness. Am I eligible for lasik surgery. If yes then what will be the cost?
Hello, I would like to know how can I improve my eye sight I mean to say what kind of diet should I take to improve my eye sight.
Hello Doctor My brother is 10 years old and his eyes are very weak he is wearing specs since 2 years earlier is power was -3 ( 8 years old) as he is in growing age now his power is -5 .Is their is any treatment in Ayurveda or homeopathy or allophaty .please help me .i have heard about laser surgery also but he is very small for this surgery
Sir I am facing a problem when ever I eat rice my eyes is going to swel please tell me what should I do?
Sir I always feel pain and tied in my eyes. Some days I feel problem to see continue t. V. And with eye pain I feel pain on both of my upper eye side.
My eye gets red from 1 week, if gets it splash out with water, it gets more red. Pls tell me about it.
I am suffering with severe headache and fever from past 3 days. The temperature is increasing at evening. My eyes became so red and I decreased my weight also.
I'm an eighteen year old male and have noticed something unusual in left eye. Whenever I am reading or writing or anything I do which requires continuous eye contact, water starts flowing continuously from my left eye. Happens every time when I do this kind of work. And also when I close my eyes, I really feel some heaviness or unusual thing in my left eye. It has been 3 months since I noticed it. Please suggest me something.
I cant sleep on night at time please what should I do. I think my eyes got weaker. Suggest me multivitamin for eyes.
My eyes are allergic to dust. Conjunctivitis like symptoms keep recurring every 2 months. And I think my eyes are dry. Are they related? What can I do other than taking any drugs?
Hello sir I am 21 year old male, recently I discovered a sign of crow feet around my eye area and also their are some fine lines under my eye. Could you please tell me what should I do to prevent it and boost up my appearance. Natural or herbal remedies will be good.
I am 22 yrs old. I am suffered from night blindness disease since last 3yrs. How can I improve my eye sight And please provide me information about available nightvision goggles which can be useful for me.
I am 20 year old. Having a habit of to much net surfing and when I wake up my eyes become red along with headache what can I do to stop this?
When ever I did not sleep well my left eye become red and little painful. But I do not have any problem with my right eye. What might be the cause?
There are many kinds of conditions that affect the eyes and make vision difficult - temporarily or even permanently. Uveitis is one such condition that causes eye inflammation in the middle layer of the tissue that resides in the wall of the eye - also known as the Uvea. The progression of the condition is sudden and the symptoms, quite painful.
Let us get to know more with this article:
- Causes: To understand any condition and how it is to be treated, one must first understand the causes of the said condition. While the specific causes behind the onset of Uveitis are not clear, this inflammatory disorder may be caused as a side effect of others like an autoimmune disorder including those like ankylosing spondylitis or even sarcoidosis. Also, infections such as cat scratch disease, syphilis (learn more about syphilis problem), West Nile virus and others may cause this kind of inflammatory condition that also affects the eyes. Lymphoma is also a kind of cancer that can be found in the eyes, which can create Uveitis. Finally, eye injuries and surgeries may cause this condition too.
- Symptoms: This condition has a variety of symptoms that may flare up suddenly. There are very few cases in which these symptoms start and progress gradually. Redness and pain in the eyes is one of the most commonly experienced symptoms while decreased vision and sensitivity towards glares of light may also be felt by people suffering from this condition. One may also see dark spots floating around and the vision may get blurred as an effect.
- Onset of Symptoms: The symptoms usually depend to a great degree on the part of the eye that gets affected by this condition. The Uvea also consists of the iris, the choroid, and the ciliary body even as it enables blood flow to the deep layers of the retina.
- Medication: In order to treat mild to moderate cases, the ophthalmologist may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication like corticosteroids, as well as bacteria fighting medicines like antibiotics. Also, immunosuppressants can be used to deal with slightly more severe cases.
- Surgery: Very severe cases will require surgical procedures like a Vitrectomy to remove the vitreous in the eye for better management of the condition. Also, with surgery, the doctor can implant a device that leads to a slow release of medication on a constant basis so that the treatment and prevention of the condition goes on, unhindered. Yet, this method can also come with side effects like the onset of glaucoma.
The severity of the symptoms as well as the extent of the damage will pretty much determine the speed of your recovery as far as this condition is concerned.