Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Neha DalalYour feedback matters!
Urticaria or hives are red, raised lesions that occur anywhere on the body, usually around the trunk, hands and legs. They appear as small round rings or large patches that changes shape, may itch and be surrounded by a red flare. They can be acute or chronic, with acute almost always being an allergic reaction. It is often due to unknown causes, ranging from chronic irritation to parasitic infection to temperatures to water types.
Homeopathy treats diseases as a whole, and similarly, when treating urticaria tries to identify associated symptoms and thereby treat the cause also. After a detailed discussion about predisposition and associated symptoms, a customized remedy will be prescribed, which may include one of the following common homeopathic remedies.
- Apis Mell: The hives consist of isolated patches that are painful, tender, itch at night, feel like bee stings, become purple. There is burning pain, slight fever, and warmth of the surrounding skin. It is worsened by changing weather and exercise, causing severe itching and burning. The patient may already have asthma.
- Arsenic Album: The urticaria is caused by eating shellfish and causes burning and restlessness. The condition gets worse being at the seaside and by getting into sea water. Arsenic is also useful to treat urticarial symptoms during the recession of the lesions. The person also could be down emotionally with depression, despair, indifference and irritability. If the lesions are more severe, the restlessness is also severe. It is worse after midnight, from 1 to 2 a.m.
- Rhus toxicodendron: Prepared from the leaves and bark of the plant poison ivy, Rhus works on multiple body systems including skin, joints, eyes, extremities, and overall vitality. In addition to urticaria, it is also used in cellulitis, arthritis, fevers, etc. It is effective if the urticaria has a burning sensation, inflamed reddened rash that is worsened by cold and improved by warmth.
- Urtica urens: Made from a plant called stinging nettle, which itself has a tendency to produce urticaria, it is used when there is urticaria from bee stings or after eating shellfish. The lesions are red with severe burning and itching, recurring every year, could be associated with weather changes.
- Natrum Muriaticum: The common salt sodium chloride is potentized, and its inner healing power activated. It is used for chronic urticaria, where the lesions develop after severe irritation.
- Dulcamara: The lesions develop followed a general prickly sensation setting in and at night when it is cold and damp. The hives are irregular white patches surrounded by a red area that itch badly. The hives are associated with violent cough, swelling of the lymph nodes, fever, restlessness, sleeplessness, decreased appetite, nausea, vomiting, bitter taste, and intense aching in pit of stomach. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
Im Madhu student (1st year science). My hairs are frequently loosing and my forehead is been bit bald and I feel like very worst and my head has got bald in this age itself (17). So I hope you give me a best suggestion like my hairs come back.
Last year from November I had alopecia which is been treated but my hair has become very thin. How can I treat hair thinning? please suggest me some serum oil which will help to regrow my hair.
I'm 17 years old. I have the pimples and oily skin. I'm in light black color. Please suggest the certified medicine in market for this problem.
There are two things on which I want to consult. 1. Hairfall, low hair density and dry scalp due to which I have an enormous amounts of dandruff sometimes. 2. My foot starts to stink every time I remove my shoes.
Good morning doctor my self shagun I am 27 year old girl and I have lip reduction problem last five months what should I do.
Hi doctor, I am 29, male, losing my hairs from front with a sign of baldness from the front. My hair is very thin and rough. I am also facing problems with my skin which sometimes becomes dry and sometimes oily and looks dull with no glow in the face. Please advise.
I have acne skin which have left pores on my face which looks very bad how can I get this pores away from my face. please help me.
I am losing hair from last few months what should I do to get rid of it please suggest some solutions.
How can I improve my beauty skin ples give me some suggestion to improve my skin gips gi e me sone natural suggestion for this.
Sir, from childhood in my all fore fingers (the ist part) outerside side there is a white batches in all 10 fingers appears it looks like lukeoderma type but not much whiter little white. What disease sir? whether any medicine or ointment is available sir. Kindly advise. i'm running 60 years and hands are lot wrinkles too.
I am 23 male. I have skin problem. I get pimples only my face for every 2 days or a weak fro past 2 years. I dont know what to do. I have consulted many doctors, but the problem is same. My face is being spoiled. Please help me out.
Acne is an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands (oil-secreting glands in our skin) and the hair follicles.
Poor eating habits.
Hormonal imbalance - during puberty.
Drugs like corticosteroids.
Sign and symptoms:
Pain in acne.
Pus or oily discharge.
Whiteheads / blackhead formation.
Avoid fats and oily food.
Avoid chocolate, ice-cream, butter, cakes, white bread, sweets and fried food.
Limit intake of non-vegetarian food.
Do not break your pimples, it will lead to secondary infections.
Do not use scented soaps and chemicals on your face.
Wash your face frequently, at least 5 times a day, taking care that it does not become too dry.
Use non-greasy make-up or if possible do not apply cosmetics.
Use natural cleansers than chemical preparations:
- wash face with gram flour (channa) and little turmeric in it.
- massage skin with fresh cucumber, it gives a cooling effect on the skin.
- you can massage your face with fresh fruits also.
You can take facial steam to reduce inflammation and infection for not more than 15 minutes and once fortnight.
Practice yoga - it will help make your circulation better.
Drink plenty of water.
Drink plenty of fruit juice, coconut water.
Eat lots of fresh fruits and raw vegetables.
Increase intake of fiber in your diet - whole grains, bran, oat, green leafy vegetables, raw vegetables, salads, dried fruits and fresh fruits.
Eat whole grains rather then refined flour.
Possibly eat boiled or lightly cooked food, not highly seasoned food.
Increase intake of zinc in diet:
- shellfish, beef and other red meats, eggs, and seafood, beef, pork, chicken (dark meat), turkey (dark meat), milk and milk products, nuts, sea plants especially Japanese sea plants.
Consume diet rich in vitamin a:
- liver oils of fish, egg, milk and milk products, meat, fish, kidney and liver.
- yellow orange colored fruits and vegetables; and green leafy vegetables are a good source of - carotene.
Consume food rich in vitamin c:
- milk and milk products, citrus fruits, green vegetables.
- fruits and vegetables when fresh have maximum of vitamin c.
Increase intake of vitamin e.
- wheat germ, whole grain, corns, cereals, pulses, nuts, dark green leafy vegetables, olives.
- oilseeds and vegetable oils. You can take vitamin e supplements of 22.5 iu (15 milligrams) for adults.
Replace other oils by sunflower oil for cooking as it is the richest source of vitamin e.
Add a little turmeric to your food; it is beneficial for your skin.
If your acne does not respond in 2-3 months following the advice listed above see your physician.
Consult your physician if your acne is infected and there is pus-like discharge.
Consult your physician immediately if you are not sure if it is acne or any other skin eruption.