Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neha Dalal
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neha DalalYour feedback matters!
I am getting hair fall rapidly what is the cause of that and what is the treatment? I am using minoxidil solution also but it had no effect.
In a back to basics move of sorts, many people are turning to long forgotten ancient medicinal sciences like Ayurveda in order to cure chronic and new found problems and ailments. The efficacy of Ayurveda is something that has managed to impress many people, who swear by it for every little problem that they face. Also, while it may take longer than conventional medicines to make a difference, it offers long term solutions for many ailments.
So let us find out how to deal with hair loss the Ayurvedic way:
- Causes: To begin with, let us understand how Ayurveda looks at this problem. As per Ayurveda, hair loss is a problem that is caused due to an imbalance of the Pitta Dosha in the body which can happen due to poor diet, changing seasons, lack of immunity and other related issues. Also, excessive consumption of ingredients like meat, dairy and even alcohol can lead to hair loss because the hair gets its nourishment from the plasma contained in food, as per Ayurveda.
- Bhringaraj: This one is known as the king of herbs and is usually prescribed for thicker and more lustrous hair growth. Its rejuvenating properties can remove balding and prevent premature greying as well. The best way to use it is to grind the leaves to a paste or to massage the oil into the scalp. Leaving it on the scalp overnight can work wonders.
- Amla: When used with Bhringraj, this all purpose fruit can actually help in creating a thick mop of hair. It also prevents hair loss and gives the hair a shining quality. This fruit is also known as the Indian Gooseberry and is rich in Vitamin C which also makes it ideal for fighting dandruff. Dandruff is known to be one of the most common causes of hair fall and hair loss.
- Neem: Skin conditions and hair loss can both be fixed with Neem. One can make a tonic with Neem leaves by boiling them in water and then using the mixture to wash the hair. The concentrated liquid can also be obtained by straining and making a paste which can replace your conventional shampoo as well.
- Shikakai: Anyone who has used this ingredient will know that it foams up like soap when it comes in contact with water. Shikakai paste can be used to make a natural shampoo with warm water. You can also let it brew in herbal tea for a few hours to use as a hair rinse before you shampoo.
The use of Ashwagandha, Brahmi and other herbs can also help in reducing and curing your hair loss problem.