Find numerous Audiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Audiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Neha ChhabriaYour feedback matters!
My right ear half gone as per audiometry test, now managing by left ear. Some docs say to continue like this so long it is manageable, some suggest to be on trial by hearing aid. My question will the left ear be damaged while other one takes the load?
Dear sir, my daughter is 8 year old, she has profound hearing loss in both ears (l=105, r=95), she can speak only few words. We are giving the hearing aid trial and speech therapy at rajkot, is this possible that condition can be improved by this way, or we should take another step. Please suggest me the right way. Regards
Test reports that a nerve in the ear has dried and partially has affected the hearing ability. Can we go for a hearing aid? If so what is the best hearing aid available in the Indian market?
Which type of hearing aid we get from govt schemes it free or costly it can IIC hearing aid by govt schemes.
I am 29 years old I have hearing problem. In my both ears. Hearing cells are dead what to do now their is any other way to back my hearing power without an implant?
My father have 35 percent hearing loss on right year. What is the corrective action? which is the best hearing aid company.
I have hearing problems if any my mind catch on seconds time only this from my age at 21 from but now only recognize my prb pls help to solve my problem I have 2 kid both r normal both, age diff around 7.
Tinnitus is when you think that there is noise when there really is no sound. It is very common and is not very serious either. It affects about 1/5th of the population. It is worth note that tinnitus is not a condition. Instead, it is a symptom of having a condition. These conditions range from hearing loss, an ear injury or even a circulatory system disorder. Even though tinnitus does worsen with age however, it can also improve with treatment. If you know the cause of tinnitus, it does help treat it. Here is everything you need to know about tinnitus.
Symptoms of Tinnitus:
As mentioned earlier, tinnitus is a ringing, hissing, clicking or buzzing sound which only you can hear and no one else.
Causes of Tinnitus:
There are many common causes of tinnitus including:
- Age-related hearing loss: Tinnitus is commonly caused due to hearing loss.
- Meniere's disease: Meniere's disease is a type of inner ear disorder. It is when there are abnormalities in the fluid pressure of your inner ear.
- Medications: Many medications have a side effect of tinnitus as well including certain antibiotics, antidepressants, cancer medications and even aspirin.
- Loud noise exposure: Exposure to loud noise once in a while will not cause tinnitus. However, constant exposure to loud noise might cause tinnitus.
- Changes in the shape of your ear bone: Otosclerosis is an abnormal bone growth which results in the bones in your middle ear stiffening.
- Acoustic neuroma: There is a nerve, which goes from the brain straight to the inner ear. When this nerve develops a tumor, it is known as acoustic neuroma which is a common cause of tinnitus.
Treatment of Tinnitus:
Tinnitus can be only be stopped if the underlying condition is treated. However, there are certain electronic devices, which help suppress the noise including:
- Hearing aids: Hearing aids are already helpful for people who have hearing loss; however they can also help reduce tinnitus.
- Masking device: Wearing a masking device which continuously emits a low-level noise helps stop the buzzing, clicking, hissing or ringing sound which comes with tinnitus.
*Consult your doctor to figure what's the optimum amount of Calcium you should be taking. Pregnant women, for instance, need more calcium than normal people.
*Take Sun-bath daily to ensure adequate amount of Vitamin D for your body. There are other sources of Vitamin D too. Consult your doctor to find out what are those sources and what's the right amount.
*Regular exercise is extremely necessary for good bone health. Make a plan and stick to it