Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neeta WartyYour feedback matters!
I am Having tingling sensation around my breast and under arm previously I have some itching around nipples and pain that comes and goes please tell what it is and is it serious.
This is my 3rd month of pregnancy .i always catch cold and fever (due to weather change) which last for 3 to 4 days. I suffer from fever after every 12 to 15 days. My immunity is very low. Will this fever effect the baby?
I am 24 years old I had safe sex with my partner on the 6th day of my menses After that I had taken contraceptive pills to avoid any embarrassment. Now after 7 days, there is still bleeding and lower stomach ache. Please suggest that is it ok to have contraceptive after having safe sex. What are the consequences of it. What could be the reason for this bleeding and stomach ache.
6th week of pregnancy after IVF. Hv been taking progesterone inj on buttocks. Hv to take ten more days. Hard lump on inj area causing severe pain. Any Remedy?
I am a girl and i have a boyfriend. We are in serious relationship for 3 years and we wish to take our relationship to the next level of having sexual pleasures. I'm a virgin and still i have not fingered. So what happens if we have sex? Does it cause pain or bleeding? Please advise me.
Hello doctor I am thyroid and pcod patient from five years and my periods are irregular please consult any medicine to make it on regular basis soon I am getting married also.
Hi. I have been treated for ovarian cancer1a. Uterus have removed. If I go 4getting married. Wll there b any physiological. hormonal,imbalance that will effect in getting married?
Periods of my gf delayed about 10 days .but now a very small bleeding .wht are the reason behind it .she is pregnant or not?
I am 28 years female and I have pcos problem so that I am not getting pregnant please give me some advise how can I conceive.
I'm married and I have a baby of 3 months old I want to have sex with my wife pls suggest can we have sex with condoms are no.
I had unprotected sex on 24th may, nd got a cut in my clitoris from my partner's teeth, I went to Dr. Nd got the necessary medicines, next day I got my periods. But bleeding is very less. Whats the matter. Can you help plz?
A boil is a localized infection in the skin that begins as a reddened, tender area. Over time, the area becomes firm, hard, and increasingly tender. Eventually, the center of the boil softens and becomes filled with infection-fighting white blood cells from the bloodstream to eradicate the infection. This collection of white blood cells, bacteria, and proteins is known as pus. Finally, the pus "forms a head," which can be surgically opened or may spontaneously drain out through the surface of the skin. Pus enclosed within tissue is referred to as an abscess. A boil is also referred to as a skin abscess. Boils can occur anywhere on the body, including the trunk, extremities, buttocks, groin, or other areas. Self medication can prove hazardous as it may spread infection.
Good afternoon, I am Dr. Puneet Kocchar. I am a consultant gynecologist and a fertility specialist at Elixir Fertility Center, New Delhi. Today I will be talking about Recurrent miscarriages and abortions.
A positive pregnancy test is a very exciting news not only for the couple but for the entire family. However, sometimes there is a miscarriage and the chances of miscarriage in the normal pregnancy are about 10-15%. If you have had only one miscarriage, then the chances that you will carry on till term without requiring any medical extensive treatment in your next pregnancy are nearly 80% or more. For women who have had only one miscarriage, we will not recommend going for extensive testing or treatment.
What is recurrent abortion or recurrent miscarriage?
If a lady has had 3 or more repeated abortion, it is called recurrent abortions. Even these days we start doing test and treatment if a lady has had 2 abortions and we do not wait for third one to occur.
So, why does an abortion occur?
In simple terms, either it is a fetus, that is, an embryo is not normal or the womb which is going to carry the pregnancy has some problems in it. What happens to a fetus if you are carrying a genetically abnormal baby, that can lead to miscarriage. It is nature's way to take care of the pregnancy and not letting the abnormal baby come into life. So, we do tests called genetic tests to check the chromosomic make up of a baby. They can be done on the products of conception. We also recommend that we have complete parental care, that is the blood test of both mom and dad to check the both of the chromosomal content.
Sometimes, in2-5%of the cases, there is balanced chromosomal translocation. Now this translocation will not cause any problem to the person who is guiding translocation. But when you produce an egg or the sperm, the embryo can be abnormal and this will lead to a miscarriage.
What happens to a person carrying a translocation?
If you are carrying a translocation which is leading to repeated miscarriages, it is better to plan IVF cycle along with PGD or PGS rather than normal conception.
IVF is where we create an embryo using the eggs from the lady and sperm from the husband. When the embryo is ready, we take a small biopsy and we subject it to test and a complete chromosomal analysis. And once the results are back, the normal embryo is transferred back into the lady's womb resulting in healthy pregnancy. This is one factor that we just addressed.
The second factor that we talked about is abnormalities in the womb. Now, simple test to analyze hormonal balance from the blood taken from the lady will tell us about thyroid status, diabetes, abnormal prolactin. These are all hormones which if are elevated or below the range can lead to abortions. THis can all be treated by giving oral tablets. So, these are important to be tested for any women having recurrent abortions.
- Then we look into other factors such as autoimmune problems which are very common, occurring in about 20% of the patients. During pregnancy, we advise you to take low dose aspirin tablets and low molecular weight hampering injections for the entire duration of pregnancy. And this results in more than 60% successful pregnancies.
- Another important factor that leads to abortion, which is Thrombophilias. THese are inherited problem which increases the tendency of blood to clot. Since the blood flow to the uterus is not occurring properly, you might again need blood gain agents such as aspirin.
- Some of the other common factors are an anatomical factor. So, if the uterus or a womb is carrying a fibroid can also lead to abortions. Now, these can be easily diagnosed by doing an ultrasound either 2-dimensional or 3- dimensional. If such a problem is present, we can treat it by doing a hysteroscopic procedure.
- Another important factor that leads to Abortion, especially in our part of the country, that is North India, is Tuberculosis. This is one of the commonest cause of miscarriages especially in our part of the country. It can be tested by doing Biopsy. Take a small amount of tissue from the uterus and check whether the lady is carrying Tuberculosis or not. It can be treated by giving oral medication of tuberculosis that has to be taken for the period of 6-9 months.
- Another common cause is the imbalance of Th1 or Th2 cytokines. These are the cytokines present in the uterus which may not let the embryo or the pregnancy to grow. And if these are found to be positive, we recommend Immunomodulation.
So, these are the various causes due to which a lady can have an abortion. An important thing here is do not loose hope and do not give up treatment. If you have had 2-3 abortions, you need to get complete panel of tests done and with the help of a treatment, you have 60% of the chance to deliver a baby normally.
If you wish to consult me, please contact me through Lybrate or you can visit my clinic directly.
I am having leg cramps from the start of my pregnancy. Now I am 6 month pregnant and cramps get increased with time. Can I do some exercise. If yes then which kindly guide.
Menstruation is a healthy experience of a woman’s life, and it must come habitually every 28 days, for a period of 3-4 days without coagulating, and the blood loss should correspond to about a quarter of a cup. For a woman, menstrual cycle is a virtuous indicator of her overall wellbeing. Some women get irregular periods that appear at longer intervals, an unpredictable discrepancy in the duration of the cycle and the normal twenty-eight day cycle is missing. Some women have very insignificant problems with menstrual cycles, while others experience a monthly torture.
Irregular menses is typical in early puberty and not generally perturbing. Women should be alarmed when periods are spaced out for more than two months, as this may suggest hormonal imbalance and ovulation problems. A woman’s customary hormonal cycle is contingent upon a subtle equilibrium between different hormones. Several potential triggers can stimulate hormonal imbalance leading to irregular menses. If a woman fails to ovulate, her ovaries will not receive a signal to produce a hormone called progesterone. Progesterone is essential in regulating the Uterine lining called endometrium, which is discarded during menstruation. Without progesterone, the endometrium persistently grows until it starts to break down and is disposed off as a very heavy uterine bleeding. The endometrium may also shed partially and intermittently, and bleeding becomes irregular or prolonged.
Causes of Irregular Menses:
Poor diet due to anorexia, bulimia can influence your hormones.
Excessive weight loss or gain.
Anxiety regarding pregnancy.
Excessive production of Androgen (a steroid hormone such as testosterone that controls the development and maintenance of masculine characteristics).
Uterine fibroids, cysts, polyps.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (in this condition the ovary does not make all the hormones needed for any egg to mature fully, due to which some follicles remain as cysts, ovulation does not occur and the hormone progesterone is not made. Without progesterone a woman’s menstrual cycle is irregular or absent).
Endometriosis (this is a condition where cells similar to those found inside the uterus grow and are attached outside the uterus forming implants. This can lead to infertility and irregular menses).
Inflammatory Bowel disease.
Symptoms of Irregular Menses:
Inconsistency in the length of menstrual cycle.
Low energy levels.
Changes in sexual desire.
Endometrial Hyperplasia (excessive cell growth in the inner lining of the uterus due to excessive estrogen production as a result of delayed ovulation).
Homeopathic Approach to Irregular Menses:
Homeopathy offers an extensive range of options than conventional medicine. Homeopathic treatment for Irregular Menstruation is very competent, non-invasive, safe and inexpensive. Homeopathy treats the patient as a whole and looks deeper into the problem, promotes the immune function and maintains uterine health by eliminating the causative factor. Homeopathic Constitutional treatment based on the holistic approach stimulates the natural hormonal balance without administering any harmful hormone preparations. The goal of this Homeopathic approach is to enliven the body's natural healing and self-repair ability to treat the underlying condition, to prevent it and to create the highest state of health and well-being.
Constitutional Homeopathic treatment with the management of an experienced and professional Homeopath is an excellent choice for Irregular Menstruation. Some Homeopathic remedies that are commonly used to treat Menstrual Irregularities are given below. These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines in Menstrual Irregularity. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.
Homeopathic remedies for Irregular Menses:
- Pulsatilla: Pulsatilla is one of the first remedies thought of, in affection, peculiar to women. It's essentially feminine disposition of gentleness timidity, mildness, docility – “excellent thing in woman” – is most characteristic of the drug; even tearfulness, another feminine attribute, strongly points to Pulsatilla. Then, we have fickleness, indecision and changeableness, which are certainly characteristic of Pulsatilla and of some women. Dark menses which are delayed and accompanied with this severe menstrual colic and the characteristic temperament will be the indications. The menses of Pulsatilla, besides being scanty, are quite apt to appear too late.
- Caulophyllum: This is a valuable remedy in treating irregular periods, difficulty becoming pregnant or slow childbirth due to weak muscle tone of the uterus. The patient feels menstrual discomfort with heavy bleeding and drawing pains in the pelvic region, thighs, and legs. These patients complain of habitual abortion due to uterine debility.
- Cimicifuga Racemosa: This remedy is intended for irregular and painful menses, with shooting pains that go down the hips and thighs, or cramps similar to labor-pains that are felt in the pelvic area. Women become restless, fearful, and depressed before a menstrual period. These women are strong, talkative, depressed, they try to injure themselves, and have dreams of impending evil, with fear of riding in a closed carriage.
- Lachesis: This remedy is suggested to women who are passionate, with a tremendous need for an outlet, both physically and mentally. The menstrual flow is irregular, heavy and brings relief of tension. These patients are very outspoken with strong feelings of suspicion or jealousy. They have an intolerance of restrictive clothing around the waist or neck.
- Lycopodium: This is an outstanding remedy for delayed menses that follows a heavy flow lasting more days. These patients have a ravenous appetite with a strong craving for sweets. They complain of abdominal bloating and flatulence, and always have a worried look with lack of confidence, though they may be bossy with their family.
- Murex Purpurea: This remedy works amazingly in Irregular Menstruation with large clots and feeling of protrusion. These patients feel very weak, are very conscious of a womb, and feel as if something is pressing on a sore spot in the pelvis. This sore feeling is worse on sitting, hence the patient always sits with legs tightly crossed. Least contact of parts causes violent sexual excitement in these women.
- Secale Cornutum: This is a useful remedy for Irregular menses in thin, shriveled skinned women. Their whole body is pervaded by a sense of great heat and they have burning pains in the uterus. Menses is irregular, dark and at times, there is continous oozing of watery blood until the next period. Their pregnancy concludes in a threatened abortion in the third month
- Sepia: This remedy is best suited to women who feel weary and dragged-out, and are indifferent to their own family members. She feels taken for granted and overworked, becomes irritable and sarcastic if demands are made. Menses is delayed with a feeling that the pelvic floor is weak, or as if the uterus is sagging.
Self-care measures for Irregular Menses:
Relax and ease stress.
Avoid exhausting physical exercise.
Eliminate any eating disorders.
Eat a balanced diet with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Reduce your intake of salt and caffeine.
Hence, appreciate a natural way to a healthy uterus, convalesce healthy living and curtail the changes that happen during your menstrual years. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.