Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Lahul & Spiti and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Neeta WartyYour feedback matters!
In my first pregnancy which type General problems we can face and which type of precision we should take?
Had sex on 5th day of my cycle n took i-pill. After a week had some spotting. Doctor prescribed norethisterone 5mg. After stopping it had bleeding on the 4th day. It was like my normal periods. M I pregnant?
Masturbation - Is It Normal?
The present belief that masturbation and semen loss is the mother of all evils- be it mental, physical or sexual is unfortunate continuation of antimasturbation compaign which was started around 305 years back by a quack doctor and pornographer named john marten from europe. He published a pamphlet named onania,-meaning the heinous sin of self pollution and described the frightful consequences of the act, giving spiritual and physical advice to those who had already injured themselves by this abominable practice.
Can you imagine it! whole europe was totally unaware about human sexuality and this was received with open arms. This was the first public awareness about a" new medical entity" called masturbation or onanism. Involuntary seminal loss was called spermatorrhoea. This was considered a revolution, starting a compaign to stop people practicing masturbation. It lasted till mid 20th century. Another swiss physician, simon tissot cemented the belief further by pathologization of masturbation by many funny logics.
India has history of producing the best known book centuries ago on sex - the kamasutra which clearly tells that sex is for pleasure to be experienced as per prevailing social norms. This is a rich tribute to our rich culture which had a very positive attitude towards sex. This whole absurdity of masturbation as a disease has not originated from india. The belief that it causes many evils from hairfall to black spots to weakness to impotency has been a european fantasy. Unfortunately we still follow and believe what these gora sahibs claim to be scientific. They were so obsessed with preventing people from practicing masturbation that they invented some peculiar type of locks to keep the penis" under lock and key"
Please remember, masturbation is also a normal sexual activity. It can be done by self or by a partner, it can be a sole sexual activity or supplement pleasure during intercourse. You can do it by hands or by rubbing against the bed or any other means till you don't injure the penis. You don't harm your penis by holding in a particular way or applying more pressure.
Can it be a problem- yes, it can be problematic if
1- you don't practice it privately. -
Some people find sexual pleasure by exposing their private parts or masturbating in public. It is a paraphilia called exhibitionism. So do it in private if you want it is a criminal offence to expose in public.
2- you start spending too much time in masturbating and seeking sexual pleasure-
There are people who masturbate multiple times a day. Still masturbation as such is normal but they spend too much time seeking sexual pleasure while neglecting their normal expected duties. They have hypersexuality. Sex as such will have no negative consequences, it is the associated events like getting STD from unsafe sex, losses due to neglect of work and damage to social reputation.
3- prefer masturbation as sole source of sexual pleasure, despite easy availability of suitable partner
For example someone after marriage may not have sex with wife but only masturbate. Such cases are found if someone has a severe performance anxiety or a fear of not being able to satisfy his partner. Many cases of non consummation of marriage have such a problem. It can cause severe marital problem and divorce, if adequate treatment is not takena lock showing 4 projections used to prevent masturbation. It used to be tied on the penis.
Is there any other way to cure endometrial thickness other than hysteroscopy? What is the treatment of endometrial thickness?
Epigallocathechin gallete (egcg) is a polyphenol, the most abundant form of catechin in green tea. It is known to be the main attributable factor of beneficial effects of green tea. Through a complex biochemical reaction, egcg in green tea helps sensitize cells so they are better able to metabolize sugar, which is beneficial for both type 1 and 2 diabetes.
Green tea consumption is associated with reduced mortality due to all causes and cardiovascular disease. It is effective in decreasing blood pressure, low density lipoprotein cholesterol, oxidative stress, and a marker of chronic inflammation. This acts as a therapeutic tool for obesity also.
Green tea is good for people with diabetes because it helps the metabolic system function better.
Pcod means polycystic ovarian disease, in which multiple small cystic present in ovaries.
1- hormone imbalance
3- family history
5- irregular menses
1- acne on face
2- weight gain
3- extra hair on face and body
4- irregular period
1- losing weight
2- quite smoking
3- eat healthy food
Me and my gf are committed from 2+ years but nevr had sex before so we are planning for sex. Is it safe fr us? Need sum suggestion n safety tips.
Ayurveda is an everyday life science that cures a number of maladies based on the use of herbs, yoga, oil massages and a number of lifestyle tweaks. Ayurveda uses everyday tweaks in order to reach the root cause of the ailment and cure it. Therefore, it makes use of a lot of everyday items that can make changes in the doshas that create an imbalance. Ginger is one such ingredient that has a number of health benefits as per Ayurveda. It is a root spice or flowering plant with an orange brown hue. Read on to know more.
- Healing Digestive Properties: Ginger has a number of healing properties thanks to its chemical composition as they make it ideal for patients suffering from digestive problems such an irritable bowel syndrome. It also helps in improved production of the digestive juices which can help in flushing out toxins or Ama. This spice also keeps the digestive fires burning due to the heat that it emanates.
- Nutrition: Ginger also helps in better absorption of nutrients, vitamins and minerals from the food that we eat. This helps in better weight management as well as better digestion, which can prevent a number of diseases including cancer.
- Stress: Brewing a cup of green or white tea with a hint of Ginger can instantly spread a wonderful fragrance throughout the home and calm your senses by enveloping them. The fragrant properties of Ginger also have a healing effect which can lessen and prevent stress.
- Nausea: Small doses of Ginger are especially helpful for pregnant women who are suffering from acute and excessive morning sickness or nausea.
- Muscle Pain: Ginger can be used to reduce pain and soreness in one's muscles. It can be brewed as tea or taken in small slivers after a particularly intense workout. It is also known to help in relieving pain experienced by patients suffering from arthritis and other ailments related to joint and muscles. This condiment also helps in reducing the inflammation in the joints due to its proven anti-inflammatory properties.
- Diabetes and Heart Disease: Ginger is known to dramatically reduce the blood sugar level. It shows a reduction in the markers for oxidized lipoproteins, which also lowers the risk of high cholesterol and heart disease.
- Menstrual Pain: Just a gram or two of Ginger can be ingested on a daily basis to get relief from severe pain during menstrual cramps in women.
Ginger can be used to season foods like salads, curries and stir fried vegetables and also for preparing tea so that some quantity can be ingested every day.
With the new fad to eat fatfree foods and remain healthy, the intent is to completely avoid fat. However, it is to be noted that fat is essential for various normal body functions, starting from proper brain functioning to hormone formation. What needs to be avoided is the unhealthy bad fat. Fat contains fatty acids, which are of two types-saturated and unsaturated. When heated, the polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) react with the oxygen in the environment and get damaged. These are to be avoided. The saturated fatty acids are relatively strong and do not oxidize or create damage. So, the next time you pick up oils, this is what you need to look at.
The good thing about olive oils is that it mostly contains monosaturated fatty acids (MSFA), which does not oxidize even at high temperatures (almost 180 degree Celsius).Another study showed that with deep frying using olive oil, it takes about 25 hours to produce the same damage as other cooking oils. Olive oil is produced by crushing olives.It can be refined or unrefined based on the amount of free oleic acid (lesser in the unrefined version).The unrefined form is the purer form, which is also known as extra-virgin olive oil. It has the aroma and flavor of olives and characteristic bitter taste.
What it contains: A can of 100 g of olive oil contains the following. Note the high content of monosaturated fat is present, which is highly healthy.
- Monounsaturated Fat: About 70%
- Saturated fat:About 13%
- Omega-6:About 10%
- Omega-3:About 1%
- Vitamin E:72% of the RDA.
- Vitamin K:75% of the RDA.
Some of the health benefits of extra virgin olive oil are listed below:
- Anti-inflammatory: Heart disease, cancers, diabetes, Alzheimer's are all chronic inflammatory conditions and using olive oil for prolonged periods can reduce the onset and severity of these conditions. The oleic acid acts against the C-reactive protein responsible for spreading inflammation.
- Antioxidants: The ingredients in olive oil including the anti-inflammatory oleocanthal and oleuropein are known for their antioxidant properties.The latter is what prevents oxidation of olive oil when heated. These have powerful health benefits and can help fight severe diseases.
- Cardio-friendly: There are various ways in which olive oil helps the heart, some of them being reduced inflammation, preventing blood clotting, lowering blood pressure, improving blood vessel lining, and improves LDL levels.
- Cancer: With its oxidative properties, it reduces the amount of free radicals in the body, thereby reducing cancer.
- Brain function: Olive oil also reduces cognitive functioning and reduces formation of beta amyloid which is seen in Alzheimer's disease.
The Mediterranean diet is rich in olive oil and they have inherited these health benefits over centuries.