Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Neeta MohanYour feedback matters!
I have been smoking since 4 years now and I am trying to quit but am unable to do so. Please guide me regarding the same and also I wanted to know where can I get a cancer test done with is not expensive. I live in Mumbai.
I am seshu 18 years old studying b-tech second year I forgetting what I listen in the class and what I read on the book.
I am using tobacco from few day. At night time if I won't wash my teeth and sleep does it effect my health.
When I can sleep tight 8 to 9 hr a day but I can get pain in all of my body? 2nd question is sperm 1day 2 or more is good for health ya not in one month is better options.
My mother had some issues regarding the kind of dreams she had at night. They are scary and negative. Kindly help.
What is the symptom of flu. From few days there is laziness and pain in body. Sometimes in night there is fever also.
I am very stressed because of studies and it is affecting my sleep cycle? What should I do. Please help me.
Hi I am undegoing from the condition like heartbroken or I overthink everything wholeday. I need to know how I can overcome this?
Are you addicted to social networking sites? Generally, this addiction is caused as social media activity proves to be a stimulant for your brain’s pleasure centres. But, addiction to social media can take a toll on your health as it comes with numerous side effects. Here are some of the negative effects social media addiction has on your health.
1. Limited intellectual growth: Social media activity generally involves viewing photos, commenting on them or reading comments, reading status messages etc. When you get addicted to social media, these things constantly occupy your mind and hinder your intellectual development. This happens because your preoccupation keeps you away from learning new things, and reading or studying something that generates value. Social media addiction interferes with the development of your brain and reduces your ability to concentrate on any task.
2. Pain or cramps in the thumbs: Overuse of your thumb for typing on a mobile device can occur due to social media addiction. This in turn leads to consequences like chronic pain or cramps in your thumbs, which may result into calluses (thickening or hardening of your skin).
3. Low self-esteem: Social media addiction can lead to lower self-esteem as it makes you compare your life with that of other people. This creates an inferiority complex among most people as social media updates always project that their friends’ have a better life than them. In 2012, a team of researchers from UK conducted a study on social media users. The study revealed that out of 53% people whose behaviour had been influenced by social media addiction, 51% accepted that it diminished their confidence level.
4. Lack of attention: Remaining active on social media sites can result in decreased attentiveness and concentration levels, which are considered to be early symptoms of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD. This happens due to the fact that constant use of social media websites creates a habit in people of switching from one task to another at short intervals. This has a negative impact on your attention span as you cannot concentrate on a single task for a long time.
5. Fatigue: Social media addiction is responsible for tiring your brain because of availability of too much information in a short duration of time. The brain often fails to process so much of information at such a short amount of time, which can completely exhaust you by the end of the day.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Hlo Dr. my prob is my age is 18 but my body looks like 38 years old too much aged people tell me I feel irritated becoz of this I suffer from hypothyroidism from 8 years my face looks like moon face it is too much big and pulpy people told me do exercise but I am unable to wakeup in early morning in day time also I feel excess tired always wht is the reason for this too much tiredness too much exhausted too much sleeping hours after that also sleeping do not complete in day time I feel sleepy I am too much irritated becoz of these I am unable to do any type of work my all work is pending due to this sometime I feel suicidal feeling due to this lifestyles suggest possible treatments for all these prob I do the check up of morning cortisol 1 time it was normal 2nd time means after 6 months it was low so Dr. told me you have no cushing syndrome is it necessary to do dexamethasone suppression test or not in my case as someone told me for this test.
My son aged 20 years is depressed because of hyperhidrosis. He cannot use laptop, draw even write because of this. He sweats heavily on his palm and feet and occasionally through armpit. Kindly suggest any medicine which can stop this immediately, even acupressure way also. I will be grateful.
My son studying in HSC in this year. He is very tired for studying. What to do? Please give healthy tips for my son.
So depressed due to job I thinking of suicide doc I do no I have attended many interview since 5 months bt I can not get job also doc wat I do please say me.
Hi doc I am too shy to talk girls and facing other stage fear etc please prescribe a ayurvedic medicine for overcome my shyness pls help.
I'm 20 years old female. I have dust allergy since 3 months. I am getting headache, sneezing, running nose. And I'm not able to study. What should I do now.
What really causes personality disorders?
Personality disorders (pd) are anomalies in behavioral patterns of an individual that are characterized by impairments in personal and interpersonal functioning. These are maladaptive psychological conditions that can be mild or intense and can affect a person's relations with others. These are not triggered by the external factors but are inherent abnormalities of behavior and conduct.
The human psyche is a vast and complex field of study which is so diverse that no two cases of psychological dysfunction are the exact same. Personality disorders are of numerous types, each having a different set of causes and traits.
Broadly speaking, they can be classified into three extensive 'clusters' or categories.
Cluster a includes odd or eccentric disorders like paranoid pd,
Cluster b includes dramatic or erratic disorders such as antisocial pd, and
Cluster c includes fearful and anxious disorders like avoidant pd.
Personality disorders are caused by a wide range of factors which impact each individual in a different manner. The most basic and common causes of pd are as follows:
- sexual abuse
- physical abuse
- emotional abuse
- verbal abuse
In most cases, abuse occurs during childhood and the pd takes manifestation in the teenage and adult years. A combination of multiple factors gives rise to complicated disorders which have more acute symptoms. Accidents and trauma can also give rise to personality disorders later in life.
Counseling and psychological therapy are used to tackle the problem and alleviate symptoms. Each case requires a different kind of approach and sometimes intake of medication is also deemed necessary. Diagnosis is always subjective and takes into account various aspects of the patient's life.