Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Neeta MohanYour feedback matters!
Physiotherapy is an effective way to reduce various kinds of body pains. Physiotherapy includes massages, exercises, and heat treatments to relieve pain. This treatment is often recommended as the first option to treat back and neck pain. Physiotherapy is also used to rehabilitate patients after surgery. Different kinds of exercises included in this treatment are also useful to treat sports injuries. Here are some steps that you can take to relieve your body pain incorporating physiotherapy.
- Get appropriate help - It is important to properly diagnose your condition before going for physical therapy. Seek help from a professional and if he/she recommends physiotherapy then only opt for the treatment.
- Reduce your severe pain before exercising - If you are in immense pain, work to alleviate the pain before engaging in exercises. Cold/ hot therapy, massage, manual manipulation are some of the methods that can slowly reduce the pain. These are all part of physical therapy.
- Exercise - Exercising has numerous health benefits including relieving back pain. As you age, your back tends to get weaker; it is important to workout to prevent future backaches. Stretching, strengthening and low- impact aerobics are ideal for this issue.
- You can also try water therapy as water has a therapeutic effect on pain and makes your movements much easier than on land.
- Observe your body's reaction to physical therapy - When you have just had a back or neck pain episode and try physical therapy you will feel some initial discomfort, it is expected. After you acclimatize yourself with the routine all kinds of pain will gradually diminish. The initial pain due to physiotherapy is caused because your muscles are stiff and they are being stretched the way they are not used to. However if the pain gradually increases you are probably not right for that particular kind of physical therapy.
My wife likes to wash everything with water even currencies notes, my office bags, wallet, doors windows, if someone sit on sofa then sofa cover etc. Please advice what should i do?
How to avoid sex related thoughts? It disturbs me a lot at mental level, I want to get rid of this. Pls doctor help me. What should I do?
Hi doc, when I skip playing notes on guitar I get angry soon by the anger I'm unable to play guitar from professional I become beginner. And the distortion sound does it damage our ear drum?
Sir, Is drinking beer really harmful for health. I want to knw only about the beer no other alcoholic drinks. I only drink beer and no other drinks. So if there is any bad outcomes then plz tell me what are those and how bad it can be? I want to know the consequences.
Sir/Madam. I am CA final student and exam on November. I going through breakup of 3 years of extreme care and attachment. My girlfriend was very nice girl caring for her family and think a perfect women which I require. It is not about physical affection but I love her very much. Our breakup was due to Caste differences and for which she was very upset. Her father denied for that and only for her family against her will so she broke up. And still we are in contact which she asking for friendship and she saying she fully recovered and stable Now, I can't hate her or love her. At 6 am, I unconsciously remembering our sweet romance her touch, her anger, her love and feel very lonely and feared and also sex urge arising on her which are wrong. Her parents looking for her and I feel like I did trying to convince them and I talked with her. She saying it will not possible now I don't concentrate on studies well feeling guilty, all my happiness was around her. I understand it will not possible but, can't let go I confused what I should think and let go. Where it was gone wrong, How can I recover, what should be my next move. How can I control my self to move ahead. I fearing of depression for which I continued omega 3 capsules. I also think she will be settled and I become lost Please guide.
Hi sir/madam I am suffering from my sexual feelings and some times I am on full mood to sex with some one what should I do.
I am an orator. 8 hours every day is the average vocal activity. I wanted to know general health tips to keep vocal health good & maintain, improve it's efficiency.
DUE TO ALCOHOL WITHDRAWAL I SUFFERED DELIRIUM TREMENS WITH RUMFITS i am TAKING 2 MG lorazepam FOR MY ANXIETY DISORDER. initially i am ON CLONAZEPAM DUE TO BEING DRINKING I SUFFERED FROM DT AND RUMFITS. Now I left alcohol since from six months. Now I would like to have moderate drinking once in months. Pls explain me what I can do briefly.
I am 40 years old male and I have been suffering from epilepsy for 30 years. I used ayurveda, and allopathic. Now I am continuing SELZIC OD 300 mgand rivotril 0.5 mg. Please release this disease.
Hey doctor I smoke a lot and have been treated off of schizophrenia but still the medication is going on. Have minimal alcohol usage and have been on a ketogenic diet for the past 16 days. And before that for two weeks I was on paleo and am on a caloric deficit of around 1000 calories. The problem is I haven't had anything red or anything that gives off red colour no tomato no sauce no food colour or anything but today I puked after my breakfast and fist came out scrambled eggs and then what seemed to be a lot of red liquid like around 20 ml so to say. I feel pretty normal no upset stomach or anything should I worry?
I am 29 years old female dentist by profession. My childhood has the memory of my mother cheating on my father, my eldest brother failure in love then drug addict and then he died . After this my both parents died simultaneously. I was also cheated by my boyfriend with whom i was in relationship for 5years. My second elder brother is also cheating tober his wife. I am single and looking for love and peace in my life but all this has ruined my life so well that i feel restless everytime .I again took chance in love and again he is cheating on me .I am so disturbed and restless what should i do to make my life peacefull. For
Hi guyz, me 22 yrs old girl. Me bahot pareshan ho please suggest me kya kru. Me meri past life pahile thodi clr krti hu. Me 1 yr ki thi tb mere dad ki death hue by accident n uske baad me 9th me thi tb meri badi sister ne suicide kiya. Abi 4 yrs pahle meri mom ki bhi death hoe bcoz of heath problem. Nw me mere bade bhai k sath rehti. Bt jb mom thi tb it means me chhoti thi tbse hi muze mara bhai nhi achha lagta. Uski mentality uska behavior muze nhi achha lagta bt mom k achhnk death k bajese hum bajboorime sath rehna pad raha hai. Life me etna sab kuch hua n muze jo pasand nhi uske sath rehna pad rha hai ess bajese me mentally bahot disturb ho gye hu. Me engineering student hu. Ess 4 yrs me (aftr ma mom death) me 2 bar yd (year fail) hoe hu. N nw muze asa lagta hai me bhai k sath reh rhi hu essliye me success ni ho rhi hu. Usase muze negative energy aati hai. Me usske sath nhi reh skti (wnt to mention k mera koi bf nhi hai nhi asa kuch krne ki echha hai abi m nt interested) essliye mene decide kiya bhaise se durr hone ka. Meri mom ki pention milti hai muze har month. Me mere bhai se paise or mere finance related koi b relation nhi rkhna nhi chahti. Uski koi tension nhi me bahar rehkr sab manage kr skti hu. Bt nw condition is mene mere bhai ko bola muze usasse dur rehna asa nhi ki relationship hi tod k jana hai bt jo respncbly hai meri usaske kandhe pe wo usase mokt ho. Fir may b hamara relationship achha hoga. Bt wo kuch samj hi nhi rha. Pahile do din usane muze bahot manani ki koshish ki actually wo bol rha hai hum dono hi hai ab or hum dono ekdusare ki care nhi krenge to kon kerega n all. And bol raha hai agr tume kuch prblm hai muzse to bolo me badl jaunga bt ye baat humare bich me bahot barr hue n to asa hi bolata hai k thik hai me badal jaunga n sirf 1 week achha rehta hai n firse pahile jesa. So nw condition is ussase bahot manane ki koshish ki bt muze jana to ussane last bola agr tum abi muze chhod kr chali gae to yaad rkhana me kasam leta hu me marr bhi jau bt tumara face nhi dekhunga. Please bolo me kya kru me usse 1 yr mang rhi thi muze meri lyf track pe lani hai. Muze zagda kr k nhi jana. Ab mere samne do hi optn hai me emotional ho kr usko chodkr nhi jau n dusara thoda emotions side rkh kr meri lyf k bareme sochu meri lyf hell ho gye hai me bahot passionate bindass ladki thi, muze hamesha dist. Milta tha result me bt ab mere 2 saal fail hoe hai. Me kya kru kuch samj nhi aa rha. Life ya bhai please help me.
I've stammering problem. That is my real hesitation to talk. I'm very nervous person. That is my major enemy. I don't have sufficient confidence to talk or speak. But when I talk in my home or when I don't get nervous, I talk smoothly and fluently. I'm a architectural student. Speaking and presentation is very important for us. So, how can I leave from this problem. And how can I overcome my stammering problem. Pls give me some way. Pls help me. I want to give smooth presentation and lecture for my academic purpose without fear and stammering.
In India, crimes against women have been on the rise; they might have always happened at the same rate but today's media have become more attentive towards these crimes by bringing them to the forefront. Recently, the devastating news of an Assamese higher secondary student being raped and killed has surfaced. Her floating decomposed body was not discovered until 4th of May when the incident itself occurred on 28th of April. If a rape victim dies, it is the most unfortunate consequence that the parents and the loved ones have to live with but there are numerous victims who survive and they can lead a normal life with guidance and care. Any occurrence of sexual assault not only leaves scars on the outside but also have deeper psychological and emotional effects. The emotional scars can manifest in the form of post-traumatic disorder, depression and suicidal tendencies. If you know anyone who has undergone such an experience, then read on to find out how you can help her get back to her life.
- Medical Examination: Physical effects of rape can be adverse on the victim. Forced sexual assault causes bruising, wounds and vaginal bleeding and immediate medical attention is required to ensure safety. Subsequent medical tests should also be carried out to check for Urinary Tract infection, Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and uterine fibroids.
- Therapy: Wounds of the flesh heal, but it takes a lot of time to recover from emotional damage and in some cases the survivors bear the burden of psychological scars all through their lives. They may see the incident as an assault to their souls and develop depression, post-traumatic disorder, borderline personality disorder, sleeping and eating disorder. The loved ones have to be understanding and be patient with them. One-on-one therapy or group therapy sessions can be very helpful. Talking about their emotions and resolving issues of anger, regret, pain, fear, guilt in a friendly, supported and understanding environment can help them reconstruct their self-image.
- Counseling: Guilt and shame are two most common stigmas that most survivors have to deal with. They somehow blame themselves for the incident and regret any step they think that might have led to the incident. They become so consumed by the incident that they think the experience defines them, instead of their persona which is called dissociative identity disorder. In such cases counseling sessions can prove to be very beneficial. They need guidance to understand the situation and separate themselves from the incident. The survivors may feel weak and victimized, overpowered and violated; they may also think that they have lost control of their bodies. Counseling can assist to resolve such issues and help them empower themselves with time.
It is important to make the survivors realize that it is not the end of their lives. With a positive attitude, proper rehabilitation and counseling rape survivors can lead a normal, happy life.