Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Neeta MehtaYour feedback matters!
She is diabetic. She is taking insulin injections regularly. From 2 -3 months she is feeling numbness in arms and palms and finger. What may the cause behind this and is it curable ?
Sir/madam my son aged 12 yrs is suffering from fits since his age of 6 months we were using sodium valprate syrup for 3 yrs. We stopped as the symptums dis appeared for six months later attacked again, doctor advised valparin tab we used it 4 yrs then stopped using it after 6 months repeated the fits. Again doctor advised oxitol 150 mg tab twice and frisium 5 tab once a day. We r using regularly recently fits are attacking frequently. Doctor sugested to doublr the dose. On doctor's advice obtained eeg and mri. It is noticed that in eeg (abnormal eeg record suggestive of right centro parietal epileptogenic focus). In mri (closed lip schizencephaly of the right central sulcus with dysplastic grey matter lining the cleft on either side) is there parmenent cure in allowpathy. Are there any side effects by using these medicines for long time kindly reply.
Seems like I am suffering from insomnia for last 1 year and got problem in my college work. Pliz help me out.
I am suffering from migraine from last 8 days, continuously pain in head, eyes, sometimes feeling nausea. Dizziness.
I am suffering from migraine from 2009. Sometimes the pain is very severe and unbearable. Please help me out with a permanent cure for it.
My mother is 55 and is suffering from migrane. She has migrane problem 1-2 times in a week. Please suggest me what to do.
I am suffering from migraine from last few years. I could not find any solutions to that. I haven't got any treatment but it comes and goes suddenly. Won't let me eat frozen food. please help.
As there is no use of migraine tablet for migraine headache, now using naprocyn tablets frequently. is there any side effect of that.
I am having problem of shivering hands since five years. I do not even drink. My hands kept shivering continuously. I feel ashamed in front of my friends and relatives.
My father is suffering from memory loss. Since then he has an irritating nature as wel as aggressive. How to treat him or are the treatments available for this problem.
Cerebral palsy refers to a group of neurological disorders that appear in infancy or childhood and permanently affect body movement and muscle co-ordination.
Lack of muscle co-ordination when performing voluntary movements (ataxia)
Stiff or tight muscles and exaggerated reflexes (spasticity)
Walking with one foot or leg dragging
Walking on the toes, a crouched gait, or a'scissored' gait
Muscle tone that is either too stiff or too floppy
Cerebral palsy is usually due to brain damage in the first few months or years of life, brain infections such as bacterial meningitis or viral encephalitis, or head injury.
Ayurveda treatment for cerebral palsy:
Ayurveda has shown very good results in patients of cerebral palsy. Though cerebral palsy may not be fully cured, ayurvedic treatment can definitely help to reduce disability and improve the functioning of the affected individual to a great extent. The ayurvedic treatment of cerebral palsy focuses on treating the presenting symptoms and attempting to reverse the brain damage.
Medicines which help in improving the functional capacity of the brain and may also help in regeneration of damaged brain cells are:
Brahmi (bacopa monnieri)
Mandukaparni (centella asiatica)
Shankhpushpi (convolvulus pluricaulis)
Jyotishmati (celastrus paniculatus)
Kushmand (benincasa hispida)
Ustukhuddus (lavandula stoechas)
Yashtimadhu (glycyrrhiza glabra)
Ashwagandha (withania somnifera)
Shatavari (asparagus racemosus)
Guduchi (tinospora cordifolia)
Vacha (acorus calamus)
Haritaki (terminalia chebula)
Some of these medicines are also useful in preventing or reducing convulsions.
Medicines which helps in the formation of the muscles and tissues are:
Guduchi (tinospora cordifolia)
Amalaki (emblica officinalis)
Musta (cyperus rotundus)
Panch tikta ghrita
Panch tikta ghrita guggul
Pancha gavya ghrita
Medicines are used to improve nerve conduction and muscular co-ordination are:
Vata gajankush ras
Tapyadi loh ras
Panchakarma therapies which are useful in this condition are:
Abhyangam: massage of the entire body with medicated oils like mahanarayan oil, maha-mash-oil and maha-saindhav-oil are very useful.
Yogic postures useful in cerebral palsy are as follows:
Adho mukha svanasana
All these therapies and medicines show miraculous effect on the patients suffering from cerebral palsy.
(p. S: as every human being is different according to ayurveda, all have different cures. So, kindly consult us or an ayurveda doctor before taking any herbal treatments.)
My mother age 65 year suffering from parknism after taking long time medicine of psychology but i have consult no doctor neurologist they suggest only synoda plus,pacitane 2 mg and premiprex 0.25 and some exercise is this problem is curable please suggest me?
My mother is a sle patient ,she is having a burning sensation in head, hand,feet. She cannot sleep well for 1 months e.I insomnia. Sometimes she feels cool sensation too. please help.
I am suffering from insomnia for last 1year. It's hampering my regular routine badly. Please suggest something.
Sarika my wife has problem of non epileptic attacks from one year. Doctors says she has stress which she knows but we are in suspense about this issue because repeated attacks now increases. Sometimes daily. Please suggest what we can do better?
Hi. Am 22 years old. Am having symptoms of vibration in circulation and numbness .anyone pls could explain the reason for this.
1. Maintain a healthy lifestyle such as eating well, drinking water regularly, avoiding stress and maintaining a healthy weight. Frequently, individuals develop sleep disorders due to stress or obesity.
2. Establish a regular schedule for sleep. Wake up and go to bed at the same time everyday, including weekends. Establishing a regular sleep schedule will train your body to sleep soundly on a consistent basis.
3. Avoid taking naps throughout the day. If you take a nap during the day, then you will be less tired at night, be more restless and may not sleep as deeply.
4. Abstain from smoking, drinking alcohol or ingesting caffeine because they can keep you up at night. Even though alcohol makes you sleepy, it obstructs the quality of your sleep.
5. Exercise regularly so that your body will be tired, but do not exercise for 3 to 4 hours before you go to sleep, because it may energize you.
6. Refrain from eating heavy meals for dinner, which can make you feel uncomfortable and will prevent you from sleeping well.
7. Create a bedroom that is quiet, dark and a comfortable temperature, which will promote sleep and avoid disturbances.
8. Sleep on your side with your head slightly elevated to prevent the symptoms of sleep apnea.
9. Construct a bedtime routine such as reading, meditating or bathing. Having a routine will train your body to recognize that you are preparing for sleep, which will help you to fall asleep easier.
10. Use your bedroom for sleep only. Do not work or do any other tasks in your bedroom if possible. If your bedroom is used only for sleep, then you will associate the room with sleep, which will aid in falling asleep faster and sleeping deeply.
11. Get out of bed and engage in a non-stimulating activity, such as reading until you feel sleepy again. Sometimes lying in bed when you are not able to sleep makes it more difficult to feel sleepy.