Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neeta Desai
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neeta DesaiYour feedback matters!
I am 7 months pregnant. At 5th month I had white discharge and went to doctor. She gave vaginal suppository for 3 days. And after someday now I am having white discharge again. Will that affect my baby?
The problem of abdominal pain is very common in pregnant women. Almost every woman faces this problem at some point during pregnancy. It mostly occurs due to changes in the body for having to accommodate the new baby. While some pains are harmless and go away without much bother, some pains can be a real threat. As an expectant mother, it is important to recognize the symptoms and visit your doctor if you experience persistent discomfort during pregnancy.
Some common causes of abdominal pain:
Round Ligament Pain- This pain is harmless and is commonly witnessed during the sixth to ninth month of pregnancy. This pain occurs due to the stretch of the two large ligaments running from the uterus to groin. This pain is sharp and stabbing. It is often felt while changing sides during sleep.
Constipation and Gas- Gas is a common problem during pregnancy. This is a result of increased production of progesterone. The latter is responsible for slowing down the gastrointestinal tract resulting in the slow movement of food inside the body. Few best ways to refrain from this problem are drinking plenty of water, eating food rich in fiber content and exercising.
Braxton Hicks- Such type of pain feels like contractions but in reality, it is nothing more than mild discomfort. This is a condition where the stomach muscle tightens and gives a hard and firm feeling. Doctors are of the view that Braxton Hicks result from dehydration and hence drinking lots of water is necessary to prevent this kind of pain.
Some serious pain that needs medical attention:
Placental Abruption- It is a condition where the uterus gets detached from the placenta. Common symptoms include abdominal pain and breakage of water. It is a life-threatening condition and needs immediate medical care.
Urinary Tract Infection- UTI is easily treatable. If ignored, it can lead to serious complications. One common symptom is a lower abdomen pain accompanied with fever, sweats, and nausea.
Ectopic Pregnancy- This is a condition in which the egg does fail to get implanted in the uterus. This condition causes intense pain in the abdomen. This pain often surfaces during 6th to 10th week of pregnancy.
Preeclampsia- A Preeclampsia is characterized by the more than normal protein in the urine and abnormal blood pressure. This is experienced from the 20th week of pregnancy. Common symptoms are; pain in the abdomen, nausea and throwing up.
When to visit a Doctor?
If abdominal pain is accompanied by symptoms such as fever, burning sensation while urinating, bleeding from the uterus, vomiting and light-headedness, one should immediately contact a doctor to mitigate the risk of pregnancy complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Hi recently I got married everyday morning I am getting Breast pain why I am getting like that and even before marriage also Breast pain is there but will not get daily but after marriage now getting pain daily. Thanks in advance.
How much time it will take to heal the stitch after caesarian section? I am having pain even after 3 months after c section. What should I do?
10 tips for finding the right shoes
Take a tracing of your foot with you. If the shoe is narrower or shorter than the tracing, don't even try it on.
Shop for shoes during the afternoon — your foot naturally expands with use during the day.
Wear the same type of socks to the store that you intend to wear with the shoes.
Have a salesperson measure both of your feet — and get measured every time you buy new shoes. Feet change with age, often growing larger and wider. If one foot is larger than the other, buy a size that fits the larger foot.
Stand in the shoes. Press gently on the top of the shoe to make sure you have about a half-inch of space between your longest toe and the end of the shoe. This provides enough room for your foot to press forward as you walk. Wiggle your toes to make sure there's enough room.
Walk around in the shoes to determine how they feel. Is there enough room at the balls of the feet? Do the heels fit snugly, or do they pinch or slip off? Don't rationalize that the shoes just need to be "broken in." Find shoes that fit from the start.
Trust your own comfort level rather than a shoe's size or description. Sizes vary between manufacturers. And no matter how comfortable an advertisement claims those shoes are, you're the real judge.
Pay attention to width as well as length. If the ball of your foot feels compressed in a particular shoe, ask if it comes in a wider size. Buying shoes that are a half-size bigger — but not any wider — won't necessarily solve the problem.
Feel the inside of the shoes to see if they have any tags, seams, or other material that might irritate your foot.
Examine the soles. Are they sturdy enough to provide protection from sharp objects? Do they provide any cushioning? Take note of how they feel as you walk around the shoe store. Try to walk on hard surfaces as well as carpet to see how the shoe feels on both.
Vulvovaginal candidiasis refers to the infection of the vagina, accompanied by itching in the vulva. It is caused by a particular strand of yeast known as candida albicans. There are several reasons which contribute to the onset of vulvovaginal candidiasis, some of them are:
Pregnancy is a time when the body of a woman undergoes a plethora of changes. With the upsurge of certain hormones, this is also the most potent time when they tend to suffer from vulvovaginal candidiasis.
2. Higher Dose Of Estrogen
Estrogen is responsible for maturing the vagina as well as provides glycogen which facilitates the growth of candida albicans. Subsequently, older and younger women, who are less prone to estrogen disorder, suffer the least from vulvovaginal candidiasis.
3. Uncontrolled Diabetes
Those women who suffer from uncontrolled diabetes for a long period of time are more susceptible to vulvovaginal candidiasis. Although the accurate reason is yet to be known, according to research, the presence of excessive glucose in the blood triggers the production of yeast in the vulva and the vagina.
4. Weak Immune System
A strong immune system is a boon which only few people enjoy. Consequently, the very reverse, a weak immune system is extremely fatal, one that invites several complications; vulvovaginal candidiasis being one of them.
Excessive stress and exhaustion may also be considered as a probable reason that causes imbalance in your system.
6. Hormone Replacement Therapy
Estrogen is commonly held as a possible culprit that causes vulvovaginal candidiasis. Therefore in those hormonal replacement therapies, where estrogen is artificially administered into the body significantly increases the risk of an impending vulvovaginal candidiasis.
In spite of its frequent occurrences, it is possible to treat this infection. Some of the ways by which it can be done are-
1. Anti-fungal cream
Those creams which negate the growth of fungus are, for obvious reasons considered as the most preferred choice to combat vulvovaginal candidiasis. There are plenty of anti-fungal creams available in the market, which can be misleading, therefore you must choose wisely.
This medication works wonders in treating vulvovaginal candidiasis. This must be orally administered under the doctor's supervision to enjoy the results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hello doctor,I am suffering from adenomyosis. Doctor has advised me for operation for the removal of uterus. So, I want to know that if I perform operation after 9 months then is there any problem? Or there are chances of any other problem. please help.
हम सभी अपने बड़े-बुजुर्गों से सुनते आएं है कि बनियान ट्री यानी बरगद के पेड़ में ईश्वर का वास होता है।
हिन्दू एवम बौद्ध धर्म में बरगद के पेड़ को महत्पूर्ण बताया गया है। कई विशेष दिनों में बरगद के पेड़ की पूजा भी की जाती है । बरगद दैवीय विशेषताओं के साथ ही कई शरीरिक लाभ हैं। तो दोस्तो आज हम जानते हैं बरगद के पेड़ से मिलने वाले फायदों की।
बरगद के पेड़ को हिंदुस्तान का राष्ट्रीय पेड़ कहा जाता है। यह पेड़ अपनी टहनियों से लटकती जड़ों के कारण बहुत तेजी से बड़ा हो जाता है। बरगद के पेड़ की पत्तियाँ, तना, आदि को तोड़ने पर इससे दूध जैसा पदार्थ निकलता है, जिसे लेटेक्स कहा जाता है। इसकी जड़ें मिटटी को पकड़ के रखती है और पत्तियां हवा को शुद्ध करती हैं। दुनिया के सबसे विशाल बरगद के पेड़ों में से एक भारत के कलकत्ता शहर में पाया जाता है जिसे "ग्रेट बैनियन" के नाम से जाना जाता है जो तकरीबन ढाई सौ साल पुराना पेड़ है।
बनियान के कई सारे फायदे है जो मानव के जीवन के हर पहलू में उयोग किए जा सकते है चाहे वह आध्यात्मिक हो या चिकित्सकीय हो। आध्यात्मिक ऊर्जा देने के अलावा चलिए जानते है यह किस प्रकार से मानव जीवन मे लाभ पहुंचाता है। यह कई बीमारियीं में फायदेमंद है। इसका आयुर्वेदिक इलाज़ में भी इस्तेमाल किया जाता है।
लूनमोशन या दस्त से तो हम सभी उम्र के लोगों को परेशानी का सामना करना पड़ता है। खासकर अगर दस्त की समस्या बच्चो में होती है, तो और भी परेशानी हो जाती है। लेकिन आप बरगद के पेड़ के द्वारा इस बीमारी का इलाज कर सकते है। बच्चो की नाभि में बरगद के दूध की कुछ बूँद लगाने से दस्त पर काबू किया जा सकता है। बतासे में बरगद के दूध की कुछ बूँद डालकर दिन में 2-3 बार खिलाने से जल्द राहत मिलती है ।
2. दांतों और मसूड़ों के लिए
बरगद में मौजूद एंटीबैक्टीरियल और एस्ट्रीजेंट गुणों के कारण इसकी जड़ों का प्रयोग ओरल समस्याओं के उपचार का बहुत ही प्राचीन तरीका है। बरगद की जड़ों को खाने या चबाने से दांत संबंधी रोग जैसे मसूड़ों की बीमारी, दांतों का गिरना, मसूड़ों से खून आने जैसी तकलीफें दूर होने के साथ ही यह दांतों को साफ करने में भी मदद करता है। इसे एक प्राकृतिक टूथपेस्ट तरह यूज़ कीजिए यह सांसों की दुर्गंध को दूर करने में भी मदद करता है।
3. त्वचा के लिए फायदेमंद
बरगद के पत्तों को तवे पर सेककर थोड़ा ठंडा होने के बाद इसे अपने फोड़ों या पिंपल्स के ऊपर रखने से लाभ मिलता है। बरगद के कोपलों से बने पेस्ट को लगाने से बलगम, झिल्ली के इलाज, सूजन और दर्द को दूर करने में अच्छी तरह से काम करता है। मुंहासों को दूर करने में भी मदद करता है।
बरगद के पेड़ की छाल में इम्यूनिटी बढ़ाने वाले गुण होते हैं। अच्छी इम्यूनिटी स्वास्थ्य के लिए बहुत जरूरी है, क्योंकि इससे बीमारियों को दूर रखने में मदद मिलती है। इसके सेवन से आपको बीमारियों को रोकने में मदद मिलती है। बरगद की छाल का काढा बनाकर प्रतिदिन एक कप पीने से आपकी इम्यूनिटी स्ट्रांग होती है।
5. फटी एड़ियों को ठीक करे
अक्सर महिलाओं में एड़ियों को लेकर कितनी चिंता रहती है। फटी एड़ियां आपके व्यक्तित्व के लिए अच्छा नहीं है। फटी एड़ी के कारण अपने पैर को छुपाना पड़ता है। आप बरगद के दूध का इस्तेमाल करके अपनी फटी एडियों को ठीक कर सकते है। फटी एडियों में बरगद के दूध से मालिश करते रहने से कुछ दिनों में लाभ होता है।
6. यौन शक्ति
बरगद के पेड के पत्ते और जड़ का उपयोग विभिन्न तरह की बीमारियों में किए जाता है । उनमें से एक है यौन शक्ति।बरगद यौनशक्ति को बढ़ाने में बहुत लाभकारी है। बरगद के पेड़ के पके हुए फल को छाया में सुखा ले और उसका चूर्ण बना ले और बराबर मात्रा में मिश्री के साथ मिलाकर पीस लें और सुबह खाली पेट और रात में एक कप दूध के साथ सोने से पहले लें। कुछ दिनों में आपकी यौनशक्ति में इज़ाफ़ा होगा।
7. बढ़ती उम्र को रोके
बरगद के पेड़ की जड़ों में सबसे ज्यादा एंटी ऑक्सीडेंट के गुण पाए जाते हैं । यदि आप अपने चेहरे पर लगाए तो यह झुर्रियां कम करने में मदद करता है। झुर्रियां कम करने के साथ-साथ यह चेहरे में रौनक भी लाता है जिससे उम्र से काफी जवान दिखने लगते है।
इसके और कई प्रयोग है जो अन्य गंभीर रोगों में लाभ देते हैं। पर कुशल वैद्य की देखरेख में और उनकी सलाह से ही इसका प्रयोग करने से बर्गद के पेड़ का अधिक लाभ उठाया जा सकता है।
Crina ncr 10 mg taken after 3 day period day but stomach pain some times and not some times for thickened uterus wall.
I have pcos over a one year i have no babies i want babies what i do i have no over weight i not eat fast food not known what happen to me .Hormone change occur growing of hair in face and i take metformin due to high tidness i stop take medicine and continue ayurveda medicine when periods occur 7 days different from normal period date when i get baby
Kids are an important element in marriage, but there are many couples who try for many years to conceive a baby and may not succeed at all. The cases of low sperm count in male have been noticed frequently these days due to an unhealthy lifestyle. But also there exists the case of infertility, extensively in women lately.
Causes Of Infertility
There can be a number of reasons behind the case of infertility in women, among which these can be the most common ones,
- Unhealthy diet that consists of high amount of spicy and junk items,
- Unhealthy lifestyle that leads to insomnia quite often,
- The anxiety that often leads to depression.
Ayurvedic ways of treating infertility
Often couples who have tried many years finally search other ways such as surrogacy, adoption and others. But in Ayurveda, there are many tested ways that can treat infertility and couples can have their own kids.
- Healthy Diet: As per Ayurveda, diet plays an important role in treating cases of infertility. One should be careful about the diet thing and some of the important items to incorporate in daily eating should be:
- Dairy Products,
- Whole grains,
- Fresh vegetables and fruits,
- Dry Fruits and Nuts.
- Herbs Treating Infertility: Some of the herbs from the Mother Nature have been suggested by Ayurveda that are quite effective in treating problems of infertility in women.
- Ashoka: This is an evergreen plant with the scientific name of saraca asoca. The bark of the tree is said to have an oestrogenic element that is helpful in menstrual issues such as dysmenorrhoea where the bleeding is extremely high. Also, the herb is also known for its stimulatory effects that stimulate the ovarian tissue that helps in treating infertility.
- Lodhra: The evergreen plant of Symplocos racemosa has yellowish flowers along with black drupes on it. The bark of the Lodhra plant is known for its anti-inflammatory properties that are very helpful in treating many of the female uterine disorders. Also, it is known to stimulate and increase the reproduction hormone levels of the body, hence treating infertility in women.
- Shatavari: The shrub is asparagus racemosus that has phytoestrogen compound in it. The bark is hence found with properties such as galactagogue, aphrodisiac and also demulcent. Hence, it has an oestrogenic effect on the genital organ as well as the mammary glands of the women. The major benefit is that it increases fertility by nourishing the ovum.
- Kumari: Kumari or known as Aloe barbadensis is a plant with a small stem that is covered with leaves. It is often used to treat skin and stomach related issues. Also, it is helpful in the production of the progesterone and oestradiol by the ovarian cells, hence it treats infertility.
Infertility is an increased concern these days and hence a number of people are taking help of modern science. But in order to stay away from any side effects and have effective results, it is great to be in touch with the Ayurvedic treatments.
Hello doctor I was suffering my hypothyroid and I was using thyronorm 50 mg tablet and now I am 5 weeks pregnant when should I test for thyroid profile again now. Should I continue my medicine now or change the dose.
Is there chances of pregnancy if we do sex 3 times in a month using condom I am expecting my periods on 4th aug.
My wife have missed menstrual period her date was 18 th Feb.On doing pregnancy test at home its found positive. Today on consulting Drs & doing ultrasound its found that Sac is of 7 mm <5 week but no Embryonic node. Is there no chance of pregnancy?
There are a number of contraceptives available but which method of birth control suits you depends on your sexual life, preferences and your lifestyle as a whole. Professional medical help should be sought in order to understand what method of contraception sis ideal for you.
Here is a list of 4 types of contraceptives for birth control:
1. Barrier methods - Barrier methods are designed to prevent the sperm from entering the uterus. They constitute-
- Diaphragms: It is a shallow and flexible cup that is made of either latex or soft rubber. It is inserted into the vagina before the sexual intercourse where it prevents the sperm from entering the uterus.
- Cervical caps: It is a thin cup of silicone whose function is same as the diaphragm, only it is smaller in size, so less noticeable and more rigid as well.
- Contraceptive sponges: These are soft foam sponges that are filled with spermicide and are disposable. They are also inserted into the vagina before sexual intercourse in order to prevent pregnancy by killing the sperm cells or preventing them from entering the vagina.
- Spermicides: These are chemicals that can kill the sperm and hence assist in birth control.
Other methods include male condoms and female condoms.
2. Hormonal methods - Hormonal methods use hormones in order to either stop or regulate ovulation so as to prevent pregnancy. There are various methods through which hormones can be injected into the body. Some of them are-
- Contraceptive patch: It is a thin patch made of plastic that sticks to the skin and is responsible for releasing hormones into the bloodstream through the skin.
- Vaginal rings: A thin, flexible ring that is inserted into the vagina where it stays for 3 weeks and is removed after that, only to be re-inserted in the 5th week.
- Implantable rods: They are inserted under the skin of the upper arm of women where they release progestin.
Other methods include contraceptive pills and progestin-only pills.
3. Intrauterine methods of contraception - The intrauterine device is a small device, T-shaped that is inserted into the uterus in order to prevent pregnancy. The good thing about intrauterine devices is that they can remain functioning for many years at a stretch. IUDs are two types-
- Hormonal IUD(Intrauterine Device)
- Copper IUD
Sterilization is the most reliable contraceptive for birth control as it is permanent. It either prevents the release of sperm or the fertilization of the egg. Sterilization methods can either be surgical or non-surgical. Some of the sterilization techniques are-
- Tubal ligation: It is the surgical technique used in females.
- Vasectomy: It is the surgical technique of male contraception.
Other methods include sterilization implants. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.