Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neeta Desai
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neeta DesaiYour feedback matters!
Hello, My friend is being suffered from "White bleeding"(white discharged) from past 5 days. She was feeling uneasy with it. She doesn't want to take any medication either chemical medicine, or ayurveda or even homeopathy. She need suggestions regarding this problem. Thanking you in advance.
In order to, safeguard oneself from the STDs one should always ensure to use protection during intercourse and one such form of protection is female condoms. Female condoms are pouches that are made of latex and polyurethane. These are used by women during sex in order to prevent pregnancy and to reduce the chances of infection through sexually transmitted diseases. Each end of these pouches are made of rings that are flexible. One end is inserted deep inside the vagina before sex is initiated. This end is held in position by utilizing the rings available at the closed end while the rings which are at the open end remain outside the vagina during sex.
A question of comfort
Even though it can be safely used by all women, some have complained that they find female condoms to be an inappropriate form of contraception as they don’t feel comfortable with their genital areas being touched. Thus, it is very important that the appropriate form of contraception be considered for you and your partner. If you feel you cannot use this condom correctly other options of contraception should be considered.
Advantages of a female condom
1. Condoms can prove to be a reliable pregnancy averting method if they are properly and consistently used.
2. Since the exchange of bodily fluids like semen and vaginal fluid is prevented, female condoms aid in offering protection against many STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) like HIV, herpes and others.
3. Female condoms are only needed during the time of sex and any form of advance preparation is not required. This makes their usage suitable for unplanned sex.
4. Doctoral prescriptions are not needed to procure female condoms.
5. The condoms are usually small in size, easily disposable as well as easy to carry.
6. Using condoms does not have any medical side effects although it is advisable to check the materials used in it to avoid any allergic reactions.
7. Insertion of female condoms can be done up to a duration of eight hours before sex.
Some common problems
Although using female condoms has its advantages, it is common that some women may find that putting on a condom leads to interruption in sex. In order to avoid this, foreplay that includes a part where the condom is worn or inserted early can easily help. Other disadvantages include –
1. Even though condoms are generally very strong, they are prone to splitting or tearing in case of improper use.
2. Availability of female condoms is much lesser in comparison to the male counterparts
3. Female condoms are usually more expensive than male condoms (approximately 5 times more than male condoms).
However, female condoms can give back control to the woman in case the male partner doesn’t have protection or doesn’t want protection. It is something that enables the woman to be in control and safe from diseases or unwanted pregnancies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Am 29 year old. Got aborted at 23 weeks of my pregnancy 15 days back due to fetus abnormality. How soon can I get pregnant again? How many days I need to take rest? Can me n my husband be in sex contact with each other?
I am 42 years old housewife. Having thyroid and menstrual problem. Not having period for last 3 months. Feeling chapped skin at upper lid. Also having dry skin problem though generally I am having oily skin. Takes medicine for thyroid and use good skin products. Also overweight.
My wife is 22 years old and she has been taking I-pill since past year and it has sum up to 13. After her last period ended we had sex and she took another pill. Then we had protected sex after 7 days and since then it's been a month and she hasn't got her periods yet. What is the problem?
I am 26 years old and I am suffering from mensuration problem. My mensuration circle is 35 days average. And I have less bleeding and my legs have a great pain during the whole month from back to feet all day have the pain. No pain killer is effective for this pain what can I do please help.
I am 20 years old and my Girlfriend is experiencing 2 days period regularly in span of 10 days she has got 3 short periods THIS is a sign of pregnancy? Please reply as we are very tense.
Mosquito bites are a common occurrence but do you know, at least 1 million people die every year due to diseases spread by these mosquitoes, as per World Health Organization (WHO). So what should you do to prevent mosquito breeding at home?
Using Camphor or camphor oil is the best solution, as it is a natural repellent. Camphor oil or commonly known as Kapoor ka Tel offers a number of health benefits that most of us are not aware of. It is a popular sedative, stimulant, antiseptic, antispasmodic and decongestant. It is extracted from the camphor tree, the scientific name of which is Cinnamomum camphora. Other common Ayurvedic names of camphor are Ghanasara, Sheetabhra, Himavaluka and Sphatika. Additionally, apart from the cooling effect, camphor oil also has a strong aroma.
Following are the benefits of camphor oil-
1. Camphor oil as a stimulant: Camphor oil actively boosts the functioning of the various organs of the body including circulatory, excretory, digestive system and the overall metabolism. Camphor oil has a scraping nature which helps in maintaining Kapha dosha, level of cholesterol and prevents clotting in blood vessels.
2. Camphor oil as an antiseptic: Camphor oil is an excellent disinfectant and is mixed with other herbal oils before it is applied. In many households, it is used as a water disinfectant, especially during the rainy season. A cloth soaked in camphor oil, when kept in a room, drives away all the insects and germs. A few drops of camphor oil when poured into a container of grains keeps it safe from the insects. Camphor oil lotions are used for treating various forms of infections. It disinfects the body and also has the power to keep lice away.
3. Camphor oil as a remedy for cough: If anyone of you is suffering from chronic cough, then camphor is a very good remedy. Just put a few drops of it in boiling water and inhale the vapor.
4. Camphor oil as an anesthetic: Camphor oil is an excellent agent for local anesthesia, as you will feel a numbness after applying it. Further, it can soothe nerve disorders and convulsions. Camphor oil when applied with a carrier oil is very beneficial for controlling Parkinson’s disease, nervousness and epileptic attacks.
5. Camphor oil as an aphrodisiac: Consumption of camphor oil can boost your libido as it can stimulate that portion of your brain, which controls the sexual desire. External application of camphor oil can treat erectile problems, by enhancing the circulation of blood.
6. Camphor oil as an antineuralgic: Neuralgia is related to swelling of the blood vessels and camphor oil is an excellent cure for it. It decreases the pressure caused by the blood vessels thus reducing pressure on Ninth Cranial Nerve.
7. Camphor oil as an antirheumatic: Camphor oil can easily stimulate the circulatory system because of its stimulating properties, which is a crucial factor in managing arthritis, gout and other rheumatic problems. Mix it with olive or sesame oil and then apply it on your skin, but make sure the concentration of camphor should not cross 11%.
Apart from these properties, camphor oil is used in treating hysteria, epilepsy, food poisoning, whooping cough and many other problems. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!