Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
There is a mouth ulcer that's not getting cured. Have used a medicated gel and also took medicines but still no relief.
I had typhoid in my childhood days, and now I came to know that I used to chew some tablets. Because of that my teeth have yellowish-brown colour. I want it shinning, but I don't know what to do?
I am 38 years old and I am suffering with ulcer and pains in bones and loss of weight, acidity and weakness and I had taken many treatments but there was no use so kindly suggest me what t o do I smoke once in awhile when I take alcohol.
Hi meri age 27 hai or mera muh pura nhi khulta abhi to mene pan masala khana b band kar diya hai fir b problem ho rahi hai or me spicy b nhi kha pa raha hu thoda sa bhi.
Dear Doctor, I am facing a new problem from last 3 months. My problem is bed smell in my mouth and of course a mouth ulcers are there inside my mouth. I brush my teeth twice daily and also use liquid mouth wash. But the problem remain same. I am facing a lot of problems when talking to others. An complex is working always inside me which is lacking my confidence. Pls suggest me a remedy so that I can get rid of this problem. And also adding an additional information about me that I am an 100'/, non alcoholic and non smoking person.
What is the role of toothpaste in brushing. Can you recommend me one toothpaste which is effective for cleansing.
I Have a small and curved gap between 2 upper teeth, it looks like something black is stuck in. How Can I cure it?
I am 34 years old. I have three problems. One is I have got swelling on my lips (nearly 20 times for 3 months) and inside mouth also sometimes. Mostly it starts at after 6.00 pm or early morning and returns normal to next or same day around 11 am. 2. I have a breathing problem. I. E if I inhale, I feel like I have something struck on my lungs and I have to cough when exhaling. 3. I have constipation problem. I. E I can realize that I can feel the rectum on my anus. Sometime I need to press it to empty the rectum. I felt a bump on my rectum. Some time I defecate normally. Sometimes only I have constipation. I. E if I eat enough, it is easy to defecate. Is it true, or any other problem I have.
Here are some causes and treatments for tooth sensitivity.
Removal of teeth is gradually not the first option for a lot of dental issues. However, a large number of dental infections and other causes end in extraction. The front teeth, because of their visibility, are more likely to be replaced. The back teeth often go un-replaced, though they play a higher role in terms of food digestion and function. In many patients, reasons for impaired bite and crooked tooth are traced back to failure to replace a removed tooth. (Learn more to maintain healthy teeth)
Let us look at the some of the issues as a result of not replacing a missing tooth:
- Reduced chewing/digestive efficiency: The back teeth play a significant role in chewing the food and contributing to the initial stage of digestion. The salivary enzymes play a significant role in digestion when the food is chewed and removal of back teeth tends to make people swallow food faster than if good amount of chewing were to happen. Studies show that loss of each posterior tooth (molars especially) reduces tooth efficiency by 10%.
- Malocclusion: A malocclusion happens due to the empty space created, into which 3 teeth are trying to move. The tooth before and after the empty space tend to slowly tilt towards the empty space in between. Also, the opposing upper or lower tooth supra erupts into this space. Each tooth plays a critical role in maintaining the adjacent and opposing tooth in place, which is lost when a tooth is not replaced after removal.
- Bone loss: The tooth also is essential for maintaining healthy bone, and if not replaced, it can lead to accelerated loss of alveolar bone. Good bone support is very essential for construction of dentures, especially in old age, when complete dentures which are almost always removable need to be done. This is true especially in the lower teeth, where denture retention is a big challenge.
- Extra pressure on other teeth: Not replacing a tooth puts additional pressure on the remaining teeth, leading to accelerated bone loss and wearing off of the enamel.
- Esthetics: There will be a sinking in of the face when back teeth are not replaced, leading to a puckering.
So, the next time, tooth loss is inevitable, ensure you plan how to replace it in the earliest possible time period. The more it is delayed, the more difficult it is to replace it and the more expensive it will turn out for the patient. Fixed dentures or removable dentures can be the options, depending on age, food habits, finances, etc. Implants also could be another option, which is the new-age solution for replacing teeth. A detailed discussion with your dentist, ahead of removal will help you plan better. (know more for Nutrition and Dental Health)