Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Neeraj KhannaYour feedback matters!
I am lastly ask that question as below. I have take last month unwanted 72 after unprotected sex then I had not got period after 7 days I got period on 1 day after of my due date of period. 1.now this month I do sex using condom purely safe.(survival time 5 time may be in a day) 2.only one time this month 3.in this month I had not got period. 4.my period date was last 9-aug. Now what should I do? May be period late because I took unwanted 72 in last month or something else? What do you think when I got period?***i had variation in periods 28-35 days *****now what should I do please help. Now I do a test on yesterday morning with preganews and also in evening both are negative. So what should I do? As I only doing sex on 27-aug so already 20 day passed and I do the pregnancy test is negative so what you all think is any doubt about pregnancy test. Please suggest me any medicine for the ame or any answer which is helpful for me.
I am newly marries last 3 day I had sex with wife without condom it could be chances to she get pregnant what we should do we do not want baby now pls ans me what she should be eat in home.
Hi. I had withdrawal bleeding on 21 april.And I got normal bleeding on 7-8th April. I took ipill within 2 hours. Today Is 16th May I dint get down. When I'll get down? I did home pregnancy test. All are negative.
Imagine yourself in a situation; your son will reach his puberty in next couple of years and you want him to reach this critical age with complete understanding of how a man and woman’s body works. This is not an imagination, but most of us either have already faced this situation or will going to face it in future.
Shivani Misri Sadhoo, an eminent psychologist in Delhi, today’s shares her tips on how to talk to your son about periods.
First you should start a direct conversation with your son; don’t run in circles, tell him about periods and patiently answer all his questions. Be as straightforward as you can. You can start your conversation like:
1. In your school you have seen older boys, their voices sound heavy like your father’s. This happens because when boys grow up they pass through a phase where lot of physical changes take place, both inside and outside of the body. This phase is called puberty.
2. During puberty a boy’s voice change, hair grows in his facial and genital region. Just like that, when girls hit their puberty they start menstruating.
3. Just like birds, mammals including humans come from an egg which is inside a girl’s body. The egg develops inside a girl every month though she doesn’t necessarily get pregnant every month. When the girl doesn’t get pregnant, the egg passes out of her body with some blood.
4. When a girl menstruates, her body sheds the lining of the uterus along with an unfertilised egg and it flows from the uterus to the cervix and out of her body through the vaginal opening. This whole process is called menstruation or periods.
5. A girl bleeds every month for around four or more days depending on her menstrual cycle. Yes, your mother goes through it too till a certain age.
6. For hygiene girls use sanitary pads, which absorb the blood. Hence, the pad is placed near the cervix covering the vaginal area.
7. During periods, some women might feel discomfort or pain in the lower abdomen area; others may feel a slight discomfort.
8. It is not something to be embarrassed by or something you should make fun of. It is very normal. It is a sign of a girl being healthy. Not getting periods on time is very unhealthy, and might prove to be a big medical problem.
Sir I am 22 years old and I want to know that it is really harmful or not when I am going to sex daily with my gf .when she comes close to me I feel so attractive and doing sex over 1to 2 hr till d time when I feel tired is it harmful for me and my gf too? please suggest me the right decision thankuu.
Respected doctors Why is the period my gf's period last month very late she is supposed to start by 23 of last month but it actually started today I.E 1st of march. Is it because of her health?
I am 20 years old and I want to get pregnant but I could not become pregnant. So, what to do for pregnancy?
Being overweight can be as problematic as being underweight. Both the situations can have an effect on the infertility in a woman. Usually, the body stores the sex hormones in the fat layers. That is why, if a person is underweight, she can have infertility issues, as there is not enough storage space for the hormones. In the same way if a person is overweight, then there is an excess of fat tissues and the amount of the hormone estrogen released is usually more than that the body can handle. This leads to a disruption of the chemicals and proteins, leading to adverse reactions and infertility.
Common Weight Related Infertility Reasons
Being overweight is somewhat linked with the Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) and an increase in estrogen hormone. Also, there is a greater chance of a luteal phase defect. Let us see how these can affect a woman:
- Estrogen: This hormone is produced by the fat cells, and if there is too much of estrogen production, then the body reacts to it in a similar manner when birth control pills are taken. Ovulation may or may not occur, and if it does, it might be inadequate. And the inadequate ovulation leads to luteal phase defect.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS): This is basically an endocrine disorder with a combination of many symptoms. Symptoms are pain, irregular cycles, ovulatory pain, ovarian cysts, excessive body hair and heavy menstrual bleeding. Diagnosis for PCOS helps in determining the treatment for weight loss.
- Luteal Phase Defect: The luteal phase refers to the phase between the ovulation and the menses. The ideal time period for this phase is 14 days. LPD is generally caused by improper ovulation, and thus improving the quality of the follicles is necessary to correct the situation.
How Does Being Overweight Affect Conception Rate
As per a study which was published in the British Medical Journal, if women are too lean or too obese, they can have difficulty in conceiving and that fat distribution has an effect on the body. Women who have a large waist-hip ratio have difficulty in conceiving, and apple shaped women also face the same trouble. Usually, women who have PCOS have an apple shaped body.
Risk of Miscarriage Due To Being Overweight
Women suffering from PCOS and obesity have more chances of miscarriage as compared to others. The reason is that women with PCOS have increased LH, which tends to affect the pregnancy. However, it is noticed that even if excess fat does not play any role in pregnancy, women with PCOS have excess weight which creates high risk as compared to the others.
Finding Help for Overweight Issues is a Good Idea
Seeking help if you are overweight is always advisable. Consulting a good gynecologist can help along with weight management and fertility treatment. You shouldn't have any hesitations, and all the questions should be asked freely so as to get a holistic idea of the treatment. The doctor might suggest some tests and also conduct a physical examination of the lymph nodes and the abdomen, to check the ovaries and the uterus. Post physical examination, an internal examination of the cervix to check for infections is done, and if need be, a pap smear might be collected and sent to the lab for culture. At times, a trans-vaginal or an abdominal ultrasound might also be done to rule out the possibilities of abnormalities or others cysts. Tests to check the levels of hormones are also done.
It is always a wise decision to know how being overweight can impact the chances of becoming pregnant. Working towards losing weight and getting it under healthy BMI levels, can lead to the restoration of the hormones and in turn make you healthier.