Find numerous Rheumatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Neena Singh ChitnisYour feedback matters!
My pre pregnancy weight was 50 kgs and now I am 65 kgs. I have a 5 months old baby. My weight isn't shedding plus suddenly my knees pain alot when I go to bed and my back as well. I have no uric acid, sugar, pressure problem then what is the cause of the pain. The whole day I feel no pain. Please let me know what should be done.
Hi My father is about 50 years old and he is suffering from knee back pain and unable bend his leg. Kindly suggest me. Thanks,
Sir/madam I have ligament injury on right knee from last 3 years and it is a ACL so can you tell me what can I do is the operation is perfect and if I operate my leg so its will work proper like 1st time.
Is aspirin tablet is needed to take for my father? :my father is having sugar blood pressure Knee pains so he can take tablet or not ?
Inflammation and resultant pain in the joints are usually the basic tenets of Arthritis. This joint disorder can be painful and often, a debilitating one. It can also make the joints stiff. There are many ways of dealing with this problem, but with Ayurveda, one can get to the root cause of the ailment and its presence. This helps in taking a well rounded holistic approach towards treating it with ancient know how that revolves around herbs and other natural substances which have great medicinal value, lifestyle changes, diet, exercise and Yoga, oil massages, and other methods. Arthritis is known as Sandhivata in Ayurvedic jargon.
Read on to find out how Ayurveda can help in dealing with Arthritis.
- Herbs: One can make use of various herbs that contain Linoleic Acid to help in providing lubrication to the joints so as to prevent pain and stiffness. These herbs include Borage seed oil which is extracted from Borage seed, Evening Primrose oil, Blackcurrant seed oil, Capsaicin, Curcumin, Feverfew, Flaxseed oil and a standard Ayurvedic concoction that combines Ashwagandha, Gugulla, ginger, cumin and haldi or turmeric. These substances can help in treating the joints that are suffering from the pain of Arthritis.
- Diet: In Ayurveda, to treat ailments like Arthritis, it is usually recommended that a patient should start by flushing out the body toxins from within. Diet is one of the ways in which this can be done. A detoxification diet to clean the colon would be one of the foremost ways of doing a cleanse. Further, in one's daily diet, there should be a good dose of vegetables, fruits and other juices. Also, one must have plenty of herbs and spices, which can be used to season the food. Curd should generally be avoided and garlic should be used liberally. The various properties that help in an inside out cleanse that will help the system function in a better manner so that the treatment of ailments is also effectively supported.
- Exercise: In Ayurveda, a certain amount of daily exercise, which spans at least 45 minutes to one hour, is a must. A pattern of healthy eating, restful sleep and exercise is what usually helps in treating ailments like Arthritis. For this ailment specifically, light exercise like walking is recommended. Various Yoga asanas that involve sitting, standing, balancing and lying down poses as well as restful poses will also help in treating knee, shoulder and lower back pain specifically. Also, mustard oil massages can help in reducing the pain.
These are the few ways in which Ayurveda can help Arthritis patients live a more normal life with minimal pain
5 years ago I got sprain in my neck. It does not healed up automatically. After that I got pain in my neck even placing it 2 minutes in a single position. Its severity increases and pain reaches to the head after few months. I consult a neurologist but treatment does not worked and problem got severe as it affects my shoulder and upper back too. Now I have symptoms - 1. Pain in neck and shoulder. 2. Difficulty in looking downward or bending down (head goes heavy when I bend) 3. Stiffness in neck and shoulder (more when wake up after sleep and after bath) 4. Confidence level gets down and feeling depressed mostly 5. Nervousness and anxiety 6. Loosing interest in activities which I love earlier 7. Memory gets weaker 8. Urgency of urinating increases a lot 9. Cracking of bones around neck and shoulder 10. Feels like swelling around shoulder and upper back 11. Formation of trigger points in trapezius muscle 12. Vision problem all my reports of MRI, x rays, and blood tests are normal. Is it fibromyalgia? Do I get rid of this problem and lead a normal life? Please help me.
I have problem in my legs bone some time it pain specifically front side of leg below the knees. What should I do? Please reply me as soon as possible.
Psoriasis is a skin disease, which develops in men and women often during middle age and above. Although tests and researches are being carried out in various laboratories around the world, the exact cause of this condition is yet unknown. Psoriasis is not infectious. In other words, it does not spread by coming in contact with someone suffering from it. In case you see that you are just developing psoriasis or it is in its early stages, then you can opt for some simple and natural methods of curing it. These home remedies fall under Ayurvedic treatments and help you in getting rid of this disease before it spreads further into your body.
- Moist skin: Apply lots of moisturizer on your body. This is done to keep the skin moist and supple. The more your skin becomes dry, the chances of it bleeding and causing infections increase. It is often recommended to apply body oil or sesame oil before taking a bath as it softens the skin.
- Use natural body soaps: Sometimes the body soaps that you use are made of harsh chemicals. These chemicals come in contact with your body and aggravate the infection furthermore. You can use home made natural soaps, which are made of natural ingredients and are gentle on your skin.
- Avoid skin injuries: Skin injuries like a cut, bleeding, blisters etc. can be harmful for psoriasis. They can aggravate the inflammation and cause more damage. In fact, it is recommended that you apply moisturizer and sunscreen every time you step out of the house in order to protect your skin from further damage.
- Use medicines after consultation: Certain medicines have the ability to flare up the effects of psoriasis. Thus, when you develop this disease, it is advised that you meet a general physician and discuss your medicines with him/her in order to control the same.
- Reduce stress: Stress levels contribute a lot to psoriasis. Thus, you need to relax as much as possible. You can try out yoga and meditation to keep the stress level down and in turn control this disease as well.
- Wear cotton clothes: Wear clothes that you are comfortable in and those which do not cause irritation on your skin. Synthetic clothes sometimes cause a lot of irritation and rashes on the skin. It is something that should be avoided.
These are some of the quick and natural remedies to cure yourself of psoriasis as early as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.