Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neelima SinghYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old male. I frequently got skin problems like ring worms, allergies etc what should I do?
I am 26 years old, I have insulin depended diabetes and it started when I was 12 years old. How to control my disease. And I have another problem that is hypo glycemic. When I started good control I have to face hypo glycemiaand it was very danger. What can I do? What is the right treatment Now I taking 40 unit human mixtard morning.
My son is having head injury got 11 stitch. What kind of food & care I will take to help cure him. Please suggest.
Sir I am 30 years old male since 2 months whole body itching .I have consulted 3, 4 doctors. Tests also done. Nothing wrong. I have taken citrozen, livocitrozen,bandy plus, atarax 25 mg and many other with creams and lotions. But can't controlling itching, please help sir.
I am 17 year old. Male and I am suffering from chill fever. From last week. On taking medicine I am temporarily relieved but. Fever is not right yet. Please suggest me.
Is there any ayurvedic medicine to reduce/ remove blocks in the heart? Can prostrate curable in homeopathy?
Dear Sir, M 50 years old man, while sleeping, I have breathing problem, somewhat like it block my breathing. Please help or suggest what can be done and to which doctor, I am suppose to consult. Please update. Thanks.
I am experiencing minor chest pain for last 3 months. Is it due to side effects of regain medicine for hair or something else?
Does green tea bad for health? Actually, I google it, and found that green tea causes kidney and liver problem. That's why I'm little bit tensed. please suggest me Ma'am.
I am a diabetic patient. Age-45 years, sugar level fasting 135 & after breakfast 186, please advice me some ayurvedic medicines for control my blood sugar.
I am 24 years old, male. I have been suffering from mouth related problem. Every time when I eat spicy junk food, then mouth ulcers occur. I have taken vitamin c. Tablet but it. Does. No relief.
I had smegma accumulated under my foreskin so it was bit tight. When I tried to pull it I got some small cuts on it. Now when I urinate it burns a lot. Please I do not want to go to a doctor so can you please suggest me how can I cure it?
I am 20 years old male, I have starting problem while speaking called stathering, is there any way to cure that problem? If there any way please answer me.
Dr, I am a boy 24 year old ,i have a doubt about my testicle I think they are small in size as I comparison to my friends or I have seen movies, pls suggest is it a problem or normal or if it is not normal then whats the suggestion.
It is built on the concept of maintaining the balance of various body elements including blood, nutrients and the energy force known as ‘chi’ which flows along lines called meridians in the body for optimum health. Putting pressure by finger placements at designated points from where these meridians can be accessed, is supposed to unblock the flow of energy to get rid of chronic pain and disease.
Acupressure for pain-relief
- Acupressure is used for a variety of ailments. One of its most common uses is to relieve pain, such as back pain, sciatica, menstrual cramps and headaches.
- It can also be used to help with nausea and vomiting, fatigue, stress, weight loss, and even addictions.
Acupressure helps relieve pain in different ways, like
- It is believed to cause deep relaxation and a decrease in muscle tension and is thus useful in relieving low back pain, post-operative pain, and headaches.
- L4 point, for example, is commonly used for stress, facial pain, headaches, toothaches, and neck pain.
- It is located on your hand between your thumb and the index finger.
- Liver 3 point (LV3) is also used for stress, lower back pain, high blood pressure, menstrual cramps, insomnia, and anxiety.
- This point is located in between your big toe and second toe, in the soft flesh.
- You can press these points yourself for about 4 seconds and then steadily reduce pressure to experience relief from pain.
How does acupressure work?
- Studies have been done and are still being done to understand how acupressure relieves pain.
- They suggest that acupressure releases endorphins and promotes anti-inflammatory effects, helping with pain due to arthritis like back and limb pain.
- Endorphins are the pleasure-inducing, painkilling chemicals that flood the brain and numb pain signals.
- A few theories also call acupressure something that’s all in the mind and no more than a placebo. But either way, it does provide relief to patients when done over long periods of time.
- Acupressure is also an effective way to treat depression during pregnancy, and to reduce the pain of menstrual cramps, according to a new research done at the Stanford University School of Medicine.
Similarly, a recent Korean study has found that acupressure treats menstrual cramps more effectively than pain killers. If you want to benefit from acupressure, you need to press the pain points over time as each time you manipulate the pressure points, you help balance your ‘chi’. Some people may see results immediately, and sometimes results are seen after some time. Pain can also return. You have to keep pressing the pressure points to keep the pain away forever. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.