Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Neelima PillaiYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am 34 years old male and I have a dry mouth for last 4 months. When I drink water after 30 minute I need to water. What should I do?
If you want a healthy set of teeth, you must follow healthy lifestyle habits. There are certain habits that you need to follow strictly in order to keep your teeth healthy. Not maintaining proper oral hygiene puts you are at an increased risk of various oral diseases.
The lifestyle habits to maintain healthy teeth are:
- Brush regularly: Brush your teeth at least twice a day or if possible, after every major meal. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles so that you don't injure your gums.
- Flossing: Develop the habit of flossing your teeth on a daily basis, as flossing helps in removing food particles and other foreign substances stuck within the teeth cavity. It also does not allow plaque to accumulate in between your teeth.
- Avoid sugar: Eating foods that contain high amounts of sugar can lead to tooth decay. The bad bacteria that are present in the teeth use the sugar to form acids that erode the enamel of the teeth. Cavities may also develop in your teeth due to increased sugar intake. (Learn more Why You Should Stay Away From Sugar?)
- Visit the dentist: Most people delay their visits with the dentist as much as possible. Oral problems are not shown the level of urgency as compared to other diseases. Visit the dentist on a regular basis as untreated underlying conditions may lead to serious complications.
- Clean your tongue: Once you finish brushing your teeth, don't forget to clean your tongue. This is another aspect of oral health that most people miss out on. Bacteria can accumulate on the tongue leading to bad odor. Scrape your tongue using a cleaner to prevent accumulation of bacteria.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, then it is time that you quit. Smoking increases the risk of oral cancer and stains the teeth as well. You may also be prone to gum disease if you cannot ditch that cigarette now.
- Diet: Avoid eating junk foods as they are not good for your overall health. Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits as they contain vitamins and minerals that keep your teeth healthy.
- Reduce stress: Excessive stress levels can contribute to various periodontal diseases. Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation to keep your stress levels under control.
I'm 22 yes old male, my mouth has turned white from inside, its hurts when I eat anything spicy or hot.
Hello doctor I am 30 years old I eat in cold like ice cream my teeth in painting what I do now please tell me.
Hi, I am udayan. I live in kolkata. How can I make my teeth white. Also I have a gum problem. Which toothpaste is best for me.
What are the causes for root canal? I have root canal n my daughter too is having it. She has zigzag teeth, n doc says its bcz of haphazard manner of tooth she got it, is it so?
My vampire teeth bite my inner cheek gums when I close my mouth due to which I have a white line too where they bite but its not painful.
Hello doctors,I m 24 years of age, and I have too much gap in my upper teeth almost in every front teeth, is teeth gap bands are helpful, or some other solutions are there? What r other solutions and how much it will cost?
I am 26 year old man, I have some dental problems, it pains when I eat hot or cold foods, pls guide me what should I do now to avoid this?
My front two teeth are not in shape they got chipped from bottom a little bit four years ago when I was playing and fell. They look kinda asymmetric I want them in shape suggest me a long-term solution without cons Thanks.
I do flossing and mouthwash daily once and brushing twice. Please let me know if this figure is enough for my teeth to last longer without any problem and what time is best to do flossing and mouthwash if I do them only once daily. Thank you.
Hi, I am 33 years old male, I had pain in my lower side wisdom tooth from past few days on and off, some time quiet severe ,had taken some pain killers got relived. Now yesterday I went to one of a dentist but he advised me for tooth extraction. I am not comfortable with that procedure. Is there any other alternative procedure to avoid extraction? Please help me any professional advise would be highly appreciated.
My baby is one month old. I am breastfeeding him. For past two days, I am suffering from toothache on left upper side. Since yesterday the tooth just below is also aching. It spreads to the chin as well as towards the ear. It cones and goes. Ppleae help. Thank you.
Clean the surface of your tongue daily by using a professional tongue cleaner as they remove bacteria which contribute to bad breath (halitosis).