Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NEELAM MILIND BHISEYour feedback matters!
Ayurveda (ayush=life; vid=wisdom-sanskrit) is said to be the most ancient of medical systems. The ancient vedic tradition, cognized by the great indian seers, offers a wealth of knowledge for healthy and meaningful life. 1 since ayurveda (part of atharvaveda, the last of the four vedas) is timeless and unbounded it has relevance even to the present day. It was mark twain who once said: so far as I am able to judge, nothing has been left undone, either by man or nature, to make india the most extraordinary country that the sun visits on his rounds. Nothing seems to have been forgotten, nothing overlooked.
The philosophy of ayurveda believes that everything in this universe is composed of five elements, the panchbhootas. They, in turn, constitute the three doshas or bio-energetic forces that govern our health and determine our constitution. The trigunas or psychic forces determine our mental and spiritual health. Ayurveda teaches us to balance all these to live a healthy, happy and contented life.
Unlike modern medicine, ayurveda recognizes that the mind and body are but the two manifestations of the same consciousness-mind as the field of ideas and the body as the field of molecules and organs. Each tries to help keep the other working and healthy extracting nourishment from the environment. Elimination of impurities of the emotional wounds are as important as the elimination of the waste matter from the body to have true physical, emotional and spiritual health.
Modern risk factor hypothesis pales into insignificance in view of the most elaborate knowledge in ayurveda. Some of the recent additions to the modern medical list like hostility form the basis of the ayurvedic risk factors. Viz.
Khrodha, shoka, bhaya, aayaasa, virudhaanna bhojana,
Thaponnalaan, lavanakshara, rakta pitta prakopayeth
(anger, depression and sorrow, extreme fear, exhaustion, wrong foods, sedentary living, too much salt and spices lead to most major killer diseases)
The solution is also simple:
nithya hitha, mitha aahaara sevi, sameekshkaari, dhata samaha sathyapara
Kshamavaan aapthopasevi aarogyam.
(have food in moderation and that which pleases the mind. Do not cheat or tell lies. Work very hard. Forgive others even if they hurt you. Treat all as your own kith and kin. Health would be yours always.) 2
Vedic wisdom follows non-linear mathematics (vedic mathematics) and the laws akin to modern quantum physics. It is, therefore, the right approach for holistic assessment of health and disease. Its aims are not only to heal the sick, but also to preserve life by preventing illness-most complete system of health care known. 2
Ayurvedic treatment is based on restoring the disturbed balance of the three doshas-vata, pitta, and kapha - very much like the humors theory of hippocrates. It takes into consideration the whole human being, and not just the phenotype. The tridosha concept takes into consideration the phenotype, genotype as also the mind, in classifying patients. Consequently, treatment differs even for the same disease from individual to individual, based on the constitutional types.
Whereas billions of tons of water get displaced during the tidal changes in the oceans due to the gravitational pull of the moon, the human body, which is mostly water, could not be exempt from the effects of the planets. Ayurvedic astrology plays a large part in the total picture of disease and its cure. Many of us scientists who feel nauseated at the very mention of the word astrology would do well to know that isaac newton and gelileo were both practising astrologers. The science of astrology is good but not the astrologers predictions! most predictions, including the ones we make in scientific medicine, are just predicting the unpredictable.
Empirical knowledge, derived from long term prospective studies, form the basis of therapy in ayurveda, unlike the short term case-control studies or, even, cohort studies based on matching the controls, based on phentotypical features alone, as is done in modern medicine. Treatment is tailored to individual needs and could be broadly grouped into the following:
* herbal medications
* meditation and prayer (no particular god or book prescribed)
I had CuT as IUD since two years. I missed my periods this month past 10 days. Is there is a chance of conceiving because when I checked for the same at night saw a faint line in the morning.
I have done surgical abortion now it is 25 days happen .when to intercourse an it is possible to have pregnancy again. N if I'm not having period then also I can get pregnant?
Hi Sir, Im 23 yrs. I got intimate with my fiance on 21 may (no penetration just rubbing genitals n fingering). After 6 days I got my periods on 27 may. On 8 June I did urine pregnancy test thrice all were negative. Could I be pregnant? What are chances of missing my next periods (of june) since the timespan between the act and periods was just 6 days? Please help sir.
This is my 3rd month of pregnancy .i always catch cold and fever (due to weather change) which last for 3 to 4 days. I suffer from fever after every 12 to 15 days. My immunity is very low. Will this fever effect the baby?
Dear Dr. I had sex with my girlfriend. Her age is 20. And I had use condom. And her periods dates is between 22 to 28 but Dr. She still doesn't come. Give me some idea. Consult me any type of pill. I think condom have failed Thank you.
I had done pregnancy test but 1st time was positive one with dark line and another lighter but 1 week before I had done again that test was with just one line as negative. And yesterday I got up with periods and in it some big fleshy thing is that miscarriage if yes than what if I didn't consult a doctor.
Skin is the most sensitive as well as the largest body organ. Skin problems are very common and can happen to almost everyone, be it a woman or man, and dealing with these problems could be as tough as understanding them. Here are a few very common skin problems that one should know about and can deal with them easily.
- Acne or a pimple is the very common skin disorder that occurs to almost everybody every now and then. It basically happens due to the blocking or clogging of the passageway that connects your skin pores to the oil glands. Face, neck, shoulder, back and chest are some common areas where acne appear. The best way to deal with them is to stay hydrated and maintain a balanced diet.
- Eczema is another skin disease that may occur in children, teenagers as well as adults and is of three types. Atopic dermatitis is the first type and this type is mainly seen in children in the form of itchy rashes behind the knees and in the elbow part. Allergic contact dermatitis is the second type and is seen in early adulthood. Metallic jewellery, cosmetics and fragrances can be the major causes of this type. Nummular dermatitis mostly occurs on dry skin. Coin-shaped patches, itchy skin, redness can be a few symptoms of this type.
- Psoriasis is another skin disorder which basically causes inflammation and scaling. This genetic disease is developed due to the few abnormalities in the immune system. There is no guaranteed way to prevent this disorder. However, this can be treated with a number of solutions including petroleum jelly, vitamin A and various other prescribed drugs and medicines.
- Dark under eye circles is another common skin problem which can be easily cured. You can get rid of these dark circles by eating healthy food, keeping a balanced diet, drinking a lot of water, perform exercises, sleeping early and many others. Intake of cucumber, green tea, etc. can also help you get back your flawless skin.
- The other skin problems that are very common and can occur to anybody include athlete foot, wrinkles, sunburns, groin rashes, skin swelling, staph infections and much more.
The best way to prevent yourself from skin related problems is to eat healthy, take adequate amount of sleep, nearly 7 to 8 hours daily, drink a lot of water, sleep early, live a life stress-free and be happy and positive. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I didn't get my period in the last month of September and I have done my pregnancy test 3 times but its negative. What should I do?
Hi For my wife continuous bleeding from February to till date not yet stopped, she is taking homeopathy but not yet stopped, usg scan report said that peripheral follicles are seen in both ovaries, next what to do?
What is the chance of an abortion not happening completely with medications and what are the risks.Please tell.
I am pregnant My LMP is 27/12/2016. On 18th April (16 week) I have fever with rashes. On 22th april blood test Rubella IgM titre is 46.1 positive, on 28th April Rubella IgM titre is 132 positive, on 12th May Rubella IgM titre is 129 positive, on 18th May Rubella IgM titre is 125 positive. IgG is negative. IgG avidity is 3%. I have tension about baby infection and abnormalities. The anomaly scan on 9th May is normal pls suggest about baby. Kya abnormalities ke chances hai.
Actually after taking I-pill she had pregnancy test kit and in 1st test result was shown positive and in 2nd test result shown negative and again in 3rd time for confirmation I again took test so result had negative. So, finally I want to know that she will be pregnant or not?
My wife is pregnant with 8th month so I am having sex daily with her and she is feeling very much pain so does it effect to our baby We are thrice in morning and thrice in night.
I am 34 years old married 5 months ago. We have been trying for a baby from the very beginning but still not having a good news. My wife is in a very depression state for this. She is a staff nurse and works with gynecologist. Inspire of having relationships according to ovulation period, we are fruitless. What should we do. Please suggest.
Hello mam. I am married 10 months ago. In this duration my wife got pregnant and was diagnosed with blighted ovum n dnc was done in december 2017. Now she is pregnant. We did pregnancy test. My question is what is the reason that blighted ovum happened and does early ultra scanning harms fetus.
How to reduce sodium consumption through diet
Minerals and salts are important parts of our daily diets. These minerals play significant roles in the functioning of the human body but, if found in excess, they might adversely impact your health. One such mineral is sodium, which is abundant in most food sources.
Sodium is present in every food in the form of salt. Most forms of meat, canned vegetables and soup, junk food and pickles are some examples of food which are naturally high in sodium. Apart from this, any cooked food will have salt crystals within it. Medical research has shown that most people consume more sodium than what is recommended.
Ill Effects of Sodium Intake in Excess
- The most common problem caused by the excessive consumption of sodium is high blood pressure.
- High blood pressure, apart from being the cause of strokes can also affect internal organs like kidneys and cause renal failure over time.
- It can also be detrimental to the heart and be a contributing factor to heart conditions as well.
Here are some of the ways through which you can reduce sodium intake through changes in diet.
- Increasing the intake of fruits within the diet - Inclusion of more fresh fruits in your diet will reduce the amount of sodium consumption. Canned and processed fruits may increase sodium consumption and hence should be reduced.
- Changing to fresh unprocessed meats - Certain processed and packaged meats such as in snacks and fast foods should be avoided as they have high sodium content. Hence, consumption of fresh meat instead of processed meat is an effective way to reduce your daily sodium intake.
- Including more leafy vegetables in your diet - Leafy green vegetables such as kale, spinach, and celery have a lot of water and also help reduce the sodium intake in your body.
- Drinking plenty of water - Sodium levels can rise within the body when it is dehydrated. Thus, it is prudent to always keep your body hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Mustard Oil Versus Refined Oil