Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Neela PatvardhanYour feedback matters!
Hello Sir/Ma'am! I am 17 years old and I have myopia of -3.00 in both of my eyes I want to know that is it reversible? Can I get back the vision that I was having when I was Small 8/9 years old. I kinda struggle in night to see things clearly. Can I get back 20/20 vision naturally? Please reply as soon as possible -Regards.
I have red eye problem over particular in one eye and one portion. It occur in regular interval for 3-5 days.
My son is 3 years old when he was only of 4 months he met with an road accident and he got an open skull fracture. And there is no improvement yet. He always coughing and cold never leave him. please advise me what we do for him. He is alright mentally but physically he has little squint problem in left eye. please help.
What is difference in intermittent exotropia with "good control" and exophoria? Are they same? On cover test intermittent exotropia with good controlled person show same type of deviation like in exophoria. Then what is difference between "exophoria" and "intermittent exotropia with good control"
Sir there happened to my eyes like flue. It is now totally red and pain alot. I am not abe to see clearly. What should I do!
I am suffering from some eyes problem like tears in some time when I am looking any books or t. V. Shows. So can you help me.
I am male age twenty four years I am get fever and head ache frequently and eye irritation also. Please tell me which type of food I am taking. And mention good diet to me.
I have cold since the last two days, and it's causing severe itching in my eyes. Sometimes they water too. Any suggestions to get rid of this? Please help.
My son 3 years old. Doctors doubting about myopia. And assuming -2 power. Is this curable. Should he need to wear glass. He is very young. He will not wear glass. Please suggest on further.
My mother having cataracts, but now I don't have money for operation. Once I get the money I will do it, but upto to that, if she wears sphex, she can able to manage, because for her if she wants to see clearly, she should come very closer, what to do now ?
I would like to help for my eyes problem so much water come through the eye I feel very bed what can I do for my health please help me.
I had a hit by shuttle cock on my left eye in month of December, later I did all the check up asked by doctor to do like retina check eye Photo and so on Because I am facing eye flashes and floaters after the hit But still I have flashes but number of time is reduced, say 2-3 times but floater is still there M worried for my eye pls suggest what should be done more.
Also known as short-sightedness, myopia is an eye disorder, which disables a person from seeing things clearly from a distance. Myopia impedes one's capability to see distant objects vividly and induces a general sense of blurriness. One of the most common cure for myopic conditions is the constant exposure to concave lenses, which stabilizes the curvature of the refracting surface of the eye, thus improving one's sight. Hence spectacles or contact lenses become the constant companion to a myopic individual. Myopia is often accompanied by sustained headaches and chronic colds.
In fact, under certain circumstances, myopia gets aggravated progressively, which often jeopardizes the health of the eye immensely. In the contemporary situation, where we are persistently exposed to gadgets of all sorts, maintaining the health of our eye becomes a cumbersome task. Periodic monitoring by ophthalmologists is a recommended method.
However, Ayurveda offers some easy and home-based formulae to alleviate the symptoms of myopia:
- Yashti Madhu: A teaspoonful of Yashti Madhu mixed with ghee and honey can prove beneficial to healing myopic conditions.
- Saptamrita Lauha: This medicine comprises of constituents endowed with medicinal properties like triphala, yashtimadhu, lauha bhasma, ghee and honey. It benefits the nervous activities, thereby soothing myopic troubles. It reaps better results when consumed with milk.
- Diet: Myopia is often worsened by a deficiency of vitamins in the body. Therefore increasing the supply of vitamin rich food, enhances the immunity of the body and reduces the strain on the eye caused by myopia. Some of the food items that are replete with vitamins are carrots, green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, nuts and berries. Fish is also a very effective source of vitamins and is proven to be helpful to the eye.
- Netra Tarpan: Eye drops have often been effective cure to myopia. Netra Tarpan is an ayurvedic eye drop imbued with healing properties which not only tranquilizes the irritation in the eye, but also improves the vision.
- Lifestyle changes: Executing certain lifestyle changes can result in significant improvement in one's eyesight. Yoga and meditation are known to usher explicit health benefits. Regular sleep is also a prerequisite for curing myopia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.