Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NazrajaYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am 27 years old. We are planning for a baby .usually my menstrual cycle will happen normally (31 days). But this time I got period on 40th day. Is there any particular reason for period delay.
I have 4-5 times sex with my boyfriend. Now my marriage final with someone else. He is also good. Pl guide me. Is their any problem
5th month start today. Fuild nd baby weight is mild low. Fluid 8 cm and baby weight 120gm. What to do to. Increase baby weight n fluid. Please give me your valuable suggestions.
Hello. Im 30 years male and got marriage in may 2014. I have no children yet. I have gone through sperm analysis test. It was showing pH 8.0 Fructose. + be Sperm count 33 million/ml Wbc/pus cells 6-8/hdf Motility Grade 1 Rapid & progressively linear 50% Grade 2 slow & sluggish linear 15% Grade 3 Whirling & non linear 10% Grade 4 Immotile 25% Morphology Abnormal 40 % Normal 60% Agglutination Absent Impression Normozoospermia. I told same thing to one of my friends who is working as a lab technician. He suggested me to use medicines like BENQ 10 Mg, Nurokind plus and fertile 25 m. I'm taking those medicines past one month. My spouse even gone through scanning and her doctor told her that everything is perfect. Could you please suggest me weather I'm doing correct or any thing need to follow to get better result. Please let me know even diet.
Arthritis is a disquietingly painful condition that causes inflammation and stiffness in the joints. Arthritis usually occurs due to the wear and tear of cartilages and ligaments with the onset of age, but recent studies have concluded that many foods present in our daily diet may actually trigger or aggravate symptoms of the condition. Yet also there are some superfoods that help combat and prevent arthritis. Avoiding the former and including the latter in your meals can reap surprising benefits.
Some of these ailing superfoods for arthritis are:
- Leafy greens: Green, leafy vegetables like spinach, broccoli, cabbage and lettuce have a high content of antioxidants, calcium and magnesium which help in neutralizing the negative charges in the body. In case of arthritis, it prevents the further progression of the disease. 5 servings of steamed vegetables per day can work wonders for your joint pain.
- Fishes: Fish, especially oily fish goes a long way in reducing joint pain and stiffness. They are highly rich in Omega-3 fatty acids which contain anti - inflammatory properties. 2 to 4 portions of oily fish per week can have an impact on you for many years to come.
- Olive oil: Olive oil contains mono - saturated fats and antioxidants, which have anti - inflammatory properties. Increase in the intake of olive oil can reduce risks of rheumatoid arthritis and prevent associated conditions. It can be used as both raw oil in preparing salads and also as cooking oil.
- Apples: An apple a day keeps the doctor away. As true as it may be, among many other nutrients, apples are a rich source of antioxidants and magnesium which are beneficial for the bones. A daily intake of 100g of apples eaten as a sole snack, or mixed with salads would in the long run prevent the risks of arthritis.
- Onions: Onions apart from fostering good digestion is also loaded with quercetin which is a bioflavonoid antioxidant that suppresses inflammation. It effectively removes the free radicals within arthritis joints and also reduces the release of protein- destroying enzymes. It can be consumed raw, can be served as a sauce and can also be used for cooking.Arthritis is a disquietingly painful condition that causes inflammation and stiffness in the joints.
Arthritis usually occurs due to the wear and tear of cartilages and ligaments with the onset of age, but recent studies have concluded that many foods present in our daily diet may actually trigger or aggravate symptoms of the condition. Yet also there are some superfoods that help combat and prevent arthritis. Avoiding the former and including the latter in your meals can reap surprising benefits.
My pre pregnancy weight was 50 kgs and now I am 65 kgs. I have a 5 months old baby. My weight isn't shedding plus suddenly my knees pain alot when I go to bed and my back as well. I have no uric acid, sugar, pressure problem then what is the cause of the pain. The whole day I feel no pain. Please let me know what should be done.
My periods were irregular sometime it occur twice in a month and the gap between the mc was always chsnged sometime dere isbheavy flow or sometime very little ...is dis normal or somebpro is there
My father is having shrinkage in Lt. Kidney and irregular in outline. What precautions and diet is suggested.
Spacing pregnancies is an essential part of family planning. Although it rests on individual preferences, there are certain psychological and economical factors associated with it.
Factors That Decide The Spacing Of Pregnancy-
The mother’s childbearing abilities, general health and fertility.
The family’s income and financial condition.
The choice to have more than one child.
Pressure from the family members to go through another pregnancy.
The child’s wish to have sibling/s.
Risk Associated With Close Consecutive Pregnancies-
None of the children receive wholesome attention from parents as both will be very young. This may create resentment in both children.
The second baby may have very low birth weight.
Depletion of nutrients in the mother’s body. This can happen in case the mother has been breastfeeding recently.
There can be genital inflammation during the second childbirth and labour.
There are researches that show the increasing rate of autism in the second born child who the mother delivers within a short span, after the first pregnancy.
Risks Associated With Pregnancies Spaced Too Far Apart-
Sometimes there are risks of premature babies and low birth weight.
Some mothers may be slightly unwilling to go through the entire process of bringing up a child, as it is emotionally and physically very demanding.
It might pose some birth complications if the mother does not have age on her side.
Besides these, spacing out pregnancies may actually be beneficial because it provides the first child enough love and care. Also, at a certain age, the child is mature enough to welcome a new member. He or she may even want to share responsibilities with parents in looking after the young baby. In this way, none of the children are denied attention. Also, once a woman goes through the entire experience of motherhood, she will find it easier to go through the process once more, without panicking. Parents are also able to take up the responsibility of the second child with more maturity as they are better informed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My 12 year daughter recently got started with menses in march this year. But they are not regular. She gets for 2-3 days and that too not a good flow. Also from last mth. She is getting after 15 days. Pls help.
hi, I have a question.. I am 12 week 4 days pregnant but sometimes I feel pain in my lower abdomen and my belly is still not grown as the other women..is it normal..please help..
23 f. So yesterday, after we had an intercourse (in which my man wore a condom throughout, removed it only after he ejaculated, he did not wash himself. Meanwhile, we started cuddling in the process of which I sat over him and his genital barely touched my vagina for 10secs or so. Could there be any sperm up there? Can I be pregnant? I've been freaking out over it. I can not take contraceptives since im in mid of a course for periods :(
I had an unprotected sex in a massage parlour. She is clean but I'm scared. Do I need go for a test.
While genital infections are an uneasy topic to discuss and seek treatment for, ignoring them leads to severe complications like infertility and even death. Most of these can be treated with a regular course of antibiotics and some topical treatment when identified early. Genital infections can be broadly classified into sexually transmitted and non-sexually transmitted. Read on to know some more common infections in both the categories.
Sexually transmitted diseases:
- Chlamydia: Caused by the bacteria Chlamydia trachomatis, it is the most common STD (sexually transmitted disease) and affects about 10% of 20 to 30 year olds. It is often asymptomatic, but in few cases, there could be increased vaginal discharge. Left undetected, it can lead to pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) and subsequently infertility.
- Gonorrhea: The bacteria Neisseria gonorrhea causes this STD, which is very common. There could be some irritation or discharge, but is mostly asymptomatic. Like Chlamydia, if not treated, it can lead to PID and infertility.
- HIV: The most dangerous of all, it causes AIDS, with immunosuppression as a major effect and affecting overall health. The women affected by HIV are more prone to candida and other genital infections.
- Genital warts: This viral infection is caused by human papilloma virus (HPV) and manifests as multiple warts on the vulva, vagina, and cervix and can cause cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (precancerous).
- Genital herpes: This virus again causes multiple small vesicles and ulcers around the vagina, painful urination, and swelling of the lymph nodes. Caused by type 1 herpes virus more commonly than type 2, it has a high chance of recurrence.
- Trichomonas: This STD manifests with very few symptoms and can go undetected for a long time. It can lead to PID and infertility.
- Syphilis: Caused by Treponema pallidum, there are 3 stages. The primary stage presents with an ulcer. The secondary presents with a rash, multiple genital warts, and oral warts/ulcers. It then goes into a latent phase and may subside without progression. In some cases, it reaches the tertiary stage and can affect various body organs including the liver, heart, or brain.
Non-sexually transmitted diseases: There two major genital infections not transmitted by sex are bacterial vaginosis and candidiasis.
- Bacterial vaginosis (BV): Constant change in the bacteria mix present in the genital area produces an imbalance and leads to altered pH and therefore BV. Pregnancy, intrauterine device, and frequent douching are proven risk factors for developing BV.
- Candidiasis: The genital tract usually has yeasts, and Candida vaginalis is present in the vagina. An overgrowth of this leads to infection. This can be caused by use of antibiotics (which destroy the good bacteria), diabetes, pregnancy, and birth control pills.
Early diagnosis and intervention of these infections can prevent severe symptoms in most cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I've been reported for teratozoospermia after a semen analysis test. It says morphology defect. How intense is this problem, how long does it take to cure through medicine. please help.
It may appear counterintuitive, but including a little bit of sweets in your meal could help you stop gaining unhealthy weight new research suggests. Eating sweet food causes the brain to form a memory of a meal and this memory can help you better control eating habits, the researchers explained.
Neurons in the dorsa hippocampus, the part of the brain that is critical for episodic memory are activated by consuming sweets. Episodic memory is the autobiographical events experienced at a particular time and place.