Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NazrajaYour feedback matters!
She is having bicornuate uterus and regularly having excess bleeding with lots of pain in lower abdomen and back during periods. She got married 4 months back , is there any problems in conceiving or pregnancy due to her uterus type. Please provide us the exact information as there are lots of confusion arising day by day. Please help us out .
Hi. It has been 6 years of our marriage now. My wife does not shows any interest in sex. In past 6 years she does not shows any eagerness towards sex. I perform lot of foreplay even after that she does not gets aroused. She accepts that she has some physical problem but she is not ready to visit any doc. She doesnt even allows me to insert the finger even that is pain full to her. We have 1 kid of 3 years that too through IUI. Please help my marriage is going through very bad phase.
I am 6 weeks pregnant having history of previous miscarriage at 5 weeks. I had spotting at 5 weeks and my doctor did transvaginal ultrasound and found sac measuring 4.2 mm. She said that pregnancy is there but will do another ultrasound at 8 weeks to see heartbeat. I don't feel any pregnancy symptoms just bloating, mild back ache but these symptoms are not constant on and off. I don't feel nausea, sore boobs and many other early pregnancy symptoms. Is it normal and is my baby is fine? Well, I have one 5 years old daughter.
My girl had menstrual cycle started 8 feb 2016 and had intercourse the immediate day after the cycle Now that 12 feb 2016 she had no menstrual cycle and a week back she had vomiting, followed by 3 days, do not know the reason exactly? She took some medication for vomiting and now everything all right. Is that a sign of pregnancy? We are worried a bit to have an unplanned pregnancy Please help us to get with it.
Hi Now we r doing baby plan and our intercourse date was in 9th day, 10th day, 12th and 18th. My last period was 26th Oct. It happening 4 or 6 days before last period date. But still it is not happened. Last 3 days now I am feeling heavy breast, morning sickness, gastric problem and pain like period time. So my question is can you please tell 1) why I am feeling like this? 2) is it a pregnancy possibility.
In the 18th century, most of the diseases were treated by bleeding a patient along with administration of laxatives. These treatments were termed as heroic treatments. The heroism was only of the patients who suffered at the hands of such interventions.
Homeopathy is an alternative medicine which was created by Samuel Hahnemann, in the 18th century, who was disgusted with the conventional treatment. He postulated homeopathy's "Law of Similars", which states that a substance which can treat the symptoms of a disease can also induce symptoms in a healthy person. This was based on his theory of eating cinchona bark a source of quinine, which was used to treat malaria. After he consumed that, he experienced the symptoms of malaria.
Homeopathy is considered to be controversial because of Hahnemann's postulate of the Law of Potentization, which states that homeopathic medicines become strong with more dilution.
If one must really believe in homeopathy then they need to know that it does not have a placebo effect. This has been proved by some strong examples. As per WHO, homeopathy is considered as the world's second largest point of care for healthcare. England's Royal family is also a strong supporter of homeopathy. Britain has placed homeopathy on their National Health system. In Britain, 45% doctors do not shy away from referring their patients to homeopathic medicine. There are many people across the world that trust only homeopathic medicines over allopathic medicines.
There is an increasing trend in the conventional doctors using homeopathic remedies. Also, in European countries the doctors prefer to refer patients to physicians who practice homeopathy. Homeopathy is slowly taking over the world. A random research showed that 45% British conventional physician along with 39% of French family physicians and 20% of German physicians are using homeopathic remedies. Also, 10% of Italian physicians use these remedies.
Despite, its increasing trend in Britain, it is not so well accepted in the United States. As per a report by Harvard, homeopathy only accounts for 0.5% of usage in the United States.
Related Tip: "Debunking 5 Myths Of Homeopathy"
I'm 37 years old female. And my period is delayed 3 to 4 months. Since one and half year i'm facing this problem.
Good morning I want to increase my sex timing and and I want do sex without condom because I read due to condom there are many problems are creating is any other ways to do sex without condom bt not get pregnancy.
Avoid Tobacco,this will be a big favor to your teeth. One, it will save you from oral cancer and periodontal complications. Two, it will save you from the countless ill effects caused by the agents used to mask the smell of tobacco. For example, if you smoke a cigarette, you may use candies, tea or coffee to mask the smoky breath and odor. This doubles the amount of damage caused.
I am having few breast fibroid in my right breast approx 2 cm width ND few small swelling. So what can I do.
Hi my thyroid test profile T3 108, T4 8 &.TSH 5.17 Dis test done from thyrocare. My symptoms are Upset period last 2 months Hairfall Unwanted hair Muscles pain I hv no baby and plan for baby Pls suggest I am start homeopathy medicine.
Hi doc I have undergone D&N more than a month ago but till now my menses have not recovered. Doctor I was consulting gave me progesterone tablets for 1 week but no result was obtained. Please suggest.
My age is 32 and am female. I have irregular periods since puberty done c section 3 yrs back I used to get periods 2 months once and it will last for 5 days with normal bleeding but this time it took 4 months for my period to come and that too very low bleeding and bleeding does not occur full day it comes at anytime and dont know when my periods will end what can I do and what is the reason for my sudden light periods.My weight is 78 kg height is 165cm.
Sex, which gives pleasure to most, can be painful for some. Many women, mostly in their menopausal or post-menopausal phase find intercourse and penetration extremely painful. Menopause results in hormonal imbalance, with a significant drop in the estrogen level. The reduced estrogen level results in Vulvovaginal Atrophy (dryness of the vagina and thinning and weakening of the vaginal tissues). In such cases, women experience irritation, Vaginismus (vaginal tightness) and soreness after sex.
One can also experience a burning sensation during urination. There may be inflammation of the vaginal tissues. If untreated, the inflammation can cause infection and other complications. "Dyspareunia" or pain during intercourse is very common in postmenopausal women. The pain experienced during sex can be due to "Vulvodynia" as well. Vulvodynia is a condition whereby a women experiences chronic pain in the external genitals or vulva. A number of other factors can also contribute to the pain during sex. A thorough and detailed investigation is thus very important.
Treatment: Many women find it extremely embarrassing to discuss menopausal problems with their partners and doctors. The key to effective treatment lies in timely diagnosis and medication. There is nothing to be embarrassed about. The postmenopausal changes can vary from person to person. Thus it is very important to discuss every minute detail with your physician.
Many options are available to make intercourse a less painful experience:
- Keep dryness at bay: In most cases, painful intercourse results from dryness of the vagina. Use of a lubricant can ease the pain to a great extend. A water-based lubricant is highly recommendable. Regular use of vaginal moisturizers is also effective to deal with vaginal dryness.
- Vaginal care and hygiene: It is very important to keep the vagina clean. Avoid using soaps, bath oils and shower gels. They do more harm than good to the vagina. It is advisable to wash the vagina with warm to lukewarm water. Undergarments should be changed twice daily.
- More is good: Having sex at regular intervals is a healthy practice. It not only enhances and improves the blood flow, but also helps to overcome vaginal dryness.
- The Pelvic Floor Therapy: It is immensely beneficial. In this therapy, a gentle pressure is exerted in the pelvic region to relax the stiffened and tightened muscles. One can also massage the area to relax the muscles.
- Squat: It is a very effective exercise to strengthen the buttocks and hip muscles. Exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles are also very helpful.
- Other therapies: One can also opt for Local Estrogen therapy and Systematic Estrogen Therapy.
Menopause should not affect your conjugal and sexual life. Visit here to know more and forget painful intercourse forever.
Related Tip: "Pain During Intercourse? Here Are The Causes"
1] Chia seeds help in weight loss –
Chia seeds help in weight loss by increasing metabolism. Chia seeds when taken as a pre workout snack will help in increasing your stamina to burn out more calories and stretch your workout timings. Chia seeds are full of fiber and help by satisfying your hunger. Making you feel full. Chia seeds can be very helpful in ladies with pcod and pcos problem. Chia seeds help against bloating.
2] Chia seeds help in diabetes –
Chia seeds have a tendency to absorb a lot of water and swell up, this helps in slowing down the digestion process and hence slow release of sugar in the blood. This helps a type 2 diabetic person to manage his blood sugar levels well. This will help in keeping you full for longer and hence avoid overeating.
3] Chia seeds help in maintaining teeth and bone health –
Chia seeds are super sources of calcium and all the other minerals that are important for bone and teeth health. Chia seeds actually contain more calcium than dairy products. For people who do not consume dairies, chia seed comes as a blessing in disguise.
4] Chia seeds improve heart health –
Several studies are being conducted on effects of chia seeds on heart health. A study at cleveland suggested that chia seeds improve blood pressure levels in type ii diabetics. The study also suggested that chia seeds have a positive effect on other markers of heart health. It improves the hdl cholesterol (good cholesterol), and decreases the bad cholesterol and triglyceride levels in blood of a type ii diabetic.
There are certain studies that have not been very conclusive of benefits of chia seeds on heart health. Chia seeds are good source of fiber, omega 3 and protein and they definitely are the best choice of food for your heart’s health.
5] Chia seeds are good source of protein
We all know that proteins are the building blocks of our bodies and proteins have such important functions that are crucial for life processes. Chia seeds are protein by 14 % of their weight.
This helps chia seeds to be counted as a super food for weight loss. It not only reduces appetite and makes you feel fuller for longer, but it also suppresses hunger. Wow! these features are just what a weight watcher desires.
Chia seeds hence make a super snack especially in the evenings when one tends to feel hungry and over eat snacks.
6] Chia seeds are full of antioxidants –
The department of food and nutrition of purdue university in indiana conducted a study on chia seeds in 2008 and found than chia seeds contain a very good amount of antioxidants.
Chia seeds contain following antioxidants:-
- Quercitin – quercitin has endurance increasing properties. It gives an instant boost of energy for physical training. It also helps in fighting fatigue during workout, thus increasing the stamina.
- Chlorogenic acid – chlorogenic acid may be helpful in slowing the post prandial release of glucose in the blood stream. It keeps the liver and the gall bladder healthy by regularising the flow of bile and not allowing it to stagnate. Chlorogenic acid may also be helpful in preventing and curbing the growth of certain brain tumours
- Caffeic acid – caffeic acid may be of help in preventing colitis, cardiovascular diseases, inflammation and also certain cancers. It also increases immunity.
Chia seeds are a good source of omega 3 –
Chia seeds are advertised as good source of omega 3 fatty acids, but it is important to know the underlying facts. It is true that chia seeds contain more omegas 3 than salmon fish. But amongst the different types of omega 3 fatty acids, chia seeds provide ala (alpha linolenic acid). Ala has to be converted to its active form to be of use to us. However humans are inefficient in converting these acids in to active form. And hence their consumption would hardly make any difference or benefit us. If you are looking to supplement omega 3 in your diet, you could rather choose flax seeds.
Metabolic Bone Disease is a term used for various conditions of the bones that can be caused by a number of different disorders. Most of these disorders are developed due to nutritional deficiencies, defects in the bone metabolism procedure or due to hereditary defects in the skeletal structure. Conditions that fall under the category are osteoporosis, osteomalacia, rickets, Paget's disease, parathyroid conditions, chemotherapy induced bone loss and menopause induced bone loss.
Causes of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
- Imbalance in the level of calcium : Too much calcium or too little calcium can cause bone diseases. While the overabundance of calcium (hypercalcemia) in the body will lead to calculi formation, which can be harmful for the body, the lack of calcium (hypocalcemia) causes weakness, bone pain and restricted growth.
- Deficiency of phosphorus: Low phosphorus in blood (hypophosphatemia) leads to softening of the bone tissue and bone loss. Osteomalacia is commonly caused by phosphorus deficiencies.
- Deficiency of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is essential for the body to absorb calcium. Cells called osteoblasts need vitamin D in order to absorb calcium and secrete the bone tissue proteins. A deficiency of vitamin D can lead to a number of metabolic bone diseases like rickets and osteoporosis.
- Over or under secretion of the parathyroid hormone:The parathyroid hormone (PTH) stimulates the secretion of an enzyme, which converts the inactive circulatory form of vitamin D into its active usable form. The hormone can also increase the circulation of free or ionized calcium (Ca2+), which is not attached to proteins. Both underproduction and overproduction of the hormone causes skeletal problems.
Symptoms of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
The symptoms of most of the Metabolic Bone Diseases are similar, such as
- A dull, throbbing pain in the bones is the most common symptom. The pain is frequent and lasts for a long amount of time, but unlike muscular pain, the exact region of bone pain cannot be specified.
- Severe joint pains accompanied by stiffness and swelling of the joints. The patient experience pain during regular physical activities, especially during cold weather conditions.
- Frequent fractures are caused by most bone diseases because the bone mineral density decreases drastically. Severe bone injury may be caused by mild trauma.
- Defects in the bones can cause bowed out legs and a bent backbone.
- A general feeling of exhaustion is often caused by bone diseases.
- Kidney stones are an associated complication of metabolic bone diseases.