Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Is it possible to not have periods on 1st two pregnancy and while on 3rd periods we will get periods.
I am 47 years old. Recently I got some problem with my periods. It started by the mid of 2014, I was getting severe abdominal pain before and after menstruation. The pain continues for more than a week. I consulted a gynecologist by december. I had to undergo scanning and biopsy test. The result was ok but in the month of february I got menstruation twice with heavy bleeding. This april 24 periods started with less bleeding but with severe pain. It stopped after four days, again on may 10 the same type of bleeding started with severe pain. It continued till today i. E. 18. This time I had proper bleeding but the pain was excruciating. I am a teacher working in bhutan. We don? t have proper medical facilities because of which I couldn't consult a gynecologist. Please suggest me what to do ?
During foreplay I am well lubricated. But when my fiance tries to insert me I get completely dry. How can I overcome this problem?
I am 6 week pregnancy now after doing ivf. Until now I did not do any ultrasound. Today I notice blood but not too much. Just few spot in my underwear. Should I concern about that? What to do? My app with my doctor will be 7th of january.
I have been having a weird itching in my vagina for a couple of weeks. Initially it hurt like hell to pee but that eventually subsided to mild irritation. Should I still be worried?
Which oral pills are best available in India to take for the whole month every day, which helps not to get pregnant.
I am 24 years female and I am 1 month pregnant and I don't want to take it continue. please confirm me the risk of it. And name and dosage of medicine.
Bariatric surgery is a procedure that involves modifications to the digestive system so that the food intake can be restricted or the nutrients absorbed by the body is reduced. This surgery is recommended when exercise and diet may not cause the desired results with weight loss. Bariatric surgery is a group of surgeries that are procedure to reduce weight in the body.
The various types of surgeries that come under this category are:
- Gastric bypass: The most common bariatric surgery, gastric bypass is a procedure used to reduce the size of the stomach pouch in the body. Once the size is reduced, it leads to reduced consumption of calories. This procedure also causes alterations in the behavior of the gut hormones resulting in appetite reduction.
- Adjustable gastric band: This procedure involves placing an inflatable band around the upper stomach to make a small stomach area above the band. This causes one to feel full just after eating a small amount of food.
- Sleeve gastrectomy: In this procedure, almost 80% of the stomach area is removed surgically, resulting in a small stomach pouch being left. It reduces the stomach size, which cause an overall reduction in the amount of calories. Modifications also occur in the behavior of the gut bacteria linked with reduced appetite.
- Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch: This procedure involves surgical removal of a large area of the stomach along with bypassing a major portion of the smaller intestine. This procedure may reduce fat absorption of up to 70%. The behavior of the gut hormones change resulting in a decrease in appetite and improved satiety.
Various complications may result from this surgery such as -
- May cause infections in the body
- Clots may form in the blood
- It can result in bowel problems
- Ulcers can form in the stomach
After having intercourse during time of ovulation it has been noted after two days. That heavy back pain what might be the reason.
Tips to stay healthy during the winter season
Are you ready for cold and flu season? if you want to avoid being sick and feeling like you have to go to the doctor to get antibiotics and other drugs, now is the time to be thinking about prevention!
To that end, here's some great tips to strengthen your body's immune system during the winter season.
Drink the optimal amount of water. With the winter season here, it's more important than ever to consume the right amount of water for your health.
Keep stress to a minimum. Studies have linked high stress levels to making a person more susceptible to catching colds and flu. Minimize your stress by working reasonable hours at your job. Aim for at least one night per week to spend with friends and family. If your stress is out of hand and you feel like you need some help, let me know.
Eat a healthy diet. Maintaining a good healthy diet full of fresh fruits and vegetables and minimal amounts of organic meats is another way to keep your body clean and in good working order. Try eating an extra piece of fruit or veggie every day too!
Exercise regularly. It is important to exercise regularly, even if only for 15 minutes a day! get out and take a short walk and enjoy the cooler weather.
Get the right amount of sleep every night. The average person needs 6-8 hours of sleep per night. If you're not getting enough sleep, your body is extremely vulnerable to illness. Sleep is very much like fuel that recharges your batteries! you've got to do it to keep the machine running.
Wash your hands regularly. Keep the bacteria and viruses off your hands and out of your mouth and eyes. Keep a bottle of hand sanitizer close-by for those instances where you can't get to soap and water.
Don't smoke. Most of you already know this, but it bears repeating because smoking significantly weakens your immune system. If you want to quit and have tried everything else, let me know. I have some nutritional recommendations that can help you quit!
Eliminate all forms of sugar. This includes not only the obvious kinds (cake, cookies and sweets, in general), but bread, pasta, rice, yogurt and commercial, store-bought fruit juices. Although all of these things are made with different types of sugars, your body still converts them to sugar, which will compromise your immune system.
I am becoming plumpy. Neck is getting darker. I have pcod problem, irregular menses, facial hairs. I have thyroid. Eating 12. 5 mg daily. Please do help I have knee injury so can not do walking r exercises. I lost 5 kgs but not loosing further. My skin is becoming very loose due to it.
My wife is suffuring from Lucoriya from last two years so please suggest me which medicine will help for her.
The human body experiences various types of aches and pains from time to time depending on injuries and other kinds of joint, muscle and nerve pain and various types of these pains include somatic pain, visceral pain, and neuropathic pain.
While somatic pain refers to the pain that comes from injuries caused to muscles, connective tissues and joints; visceral pain happens due to inflammation and excessive stretching of organs. Finally, neuropathic pain is a more long lasting kind, which can be caused by conditions like cancer, HIV or Shingles. The pain can be acute or chronic. Read on to find out more about pain management.
- Somatic Pain: This type of bone pain is usually localised and can increase with movement, becoming sharper with increased motion. Somatic pain can usually be treated with the help of analgesics, which treats the area suffering from pain, especially for pain that takes place due to surgical incisions and other dull aches or sharp pains that are localised. This kind of pain can also be treated with physiotherapy, acupressure and other exercises based on the area of pain.
- Visceral Pain: While this kind of pain can be treated with the help of medication, it also usually improves and fades with time. The medication for this kind of pain usually alters the neurotransmitters of the brain that convey pain signals and trigger pain in the body. This medication also helps in bringing down the inflammation for pain improvement.
- Neuropathic Pain: This kind of pain is usually accompanied by irregular limb movements and discomfort as well as motions like twitching. It is a more permanent kind of pain that lasts long and causes greater discomfort than the above two kinds of pain. Neuropathic pain can be treated with the help of anticonvulsants, which usually help in preventing the nerve pain and irregular movements that can trigger from this kind of pain. It also impacts the serotonin level and other chemicals in the brain for better nerve pain management and act as an anti-depressant as well.
The various kinds of pain discussed above can be treated in different ways, both in medicated and non-medicated ways, however, the method will depend upon whether the pain is acute or chronic.