Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. NazimomuddinYour feedback matters!
I am pretty sure that my girlfriend is a virgin and never had sex before I did lick her vagina many times as well as kissed her cracked lips but never had intercourse so I wanna know can I get HIV from her if yes how?
Four years completed but I did not get pregnant. I have thyroid problem but Now it is in control (normal) so Is there any way to get pregnant fast? And period cycle also good. Every month 3rd I was getting the periods so please tell me which time is better to have sex and how to know the ovulation time/day.
Hi, I am 27 year old woman and I have no baby. I was married in 2013. I try to conceive last year. My husband age is 27 and he have slow sperm motility 20% and my amh result is 1.5 what can we do ?
Hi Dr. I have asked abt my date of delivery but two Dr. give me diff date can you please checkout. My last mc date was 30 July 2015.
Hello doctor, I am 24 age female, I miss my period on may 28 still I am not getting period, I check with home pregnancy kit it shows negative result, this is my 23rd day of my miss period, there any chance to be a pregnant please help me.
I am 29 years old. I have slipped disc. Shoud I conceive or not. My last delivery was in 2011. After 2 years of my last delivery I got slipped disc. Please tell me shoud I further conceive or not?
Meri pregnancy h mera Pura time hone wala h mujhe per stomach me dard bhut rahta h aisa kyu.Please tell.
सेक्स के वक्त यदि महिलाएं 'यह' करें तो चरम सुख देते हैं पुरुष -- BEST Sex problem Counsellor & Sex Therapist in ALLAHABAD
I had my last period on the 2nd of jan. N I had unprotected sex on 5th. N he had ejaculate inside that was on the 3rd day of my period. N den later I had sex during the time of my ovulation that time he did not ejaculate inside but still I took ipill within 24 hours. N den we had protected sex 8 days before my period. I am not having any pregnancy symptoms. But my period is delayed. It was supposed to be on 2nd or 3rd. N today its 7th m.I pregnant.
I am a female of age 17 I always find a some white sticky substance in my lower inner wear. Help me out.
Is it safe if I do sex with unknown girl twice or thrice time with condom or any medicine during sex I want to stay for longtime.
What is ECMO?
Like dialysis for unfunctional kidney, Ecmo for unfunctional lung.
Ecmo stands for extracorporeal membrane oxygenation. It is a method of giving oxygen for the body when icu pateint lungs and/or heart are not able to supply oxygen on their own.
Why ICU pateint put on ECMO?
Doctors place ICU patients on ECMO when patients are not able to supply oxygen to the body.
ICU patients’ lungs fail for a number of reasons including pneumonia, lung cancer, pulmonary edema, pulmonary embolism and COPD.
When a patient’s lungs fail, he/she first is intubated (breathing tube) and hooked up to a ventilator (breathing machine).
However, sometimes lungs are so damaged that providing oxygen through intubation is not enough.
This is when doctors turn to v-v ecmo.
A heart can fail for many reasons including heart attack, pulmonary embolism, bad valve disease, or worsening heart failure. When a heart fails, doctors try to fix the underlying problem. They may also start medications (called ionotropes) to help improve the pump function of the heart. If medications are not enough, doctors will turn to v-a ecmo.
How long can someone stay on ecmo?
That is a complicated question. Due to the risks of ecmo discussed above, doctors try to keep patients on ecmo for as short a time as possible. Often patient will be on ecmo for several days up to 1-2 weeks. Every day, several blood and imaging tests are done to determine if a patient is ready to come off ecmo. As the technology of ecmo improves, hopefully side effects will decrease and patients can remain on ecmo for longer periods of time.
What is the difference between ecmo and a ventilator (breathing machine)?
Both ecmo and a ventilator aim to provide oxygen to the body when the patient’s own lungs and breathing are failing. The ventilator assists the patient’s own lungs by pushing oxygen with pressure into the lungs. Ecmo instead provides oxygen directly via a catheter placed in a patient’s vein or artery. We almost always try oxygenating a patient with a ventilator first. However, when a patient’s lungs are too sick for this, we turn to ecmo to assist in providing oxygen to the body. V-v ecmo provides oxygen through a vein. This blood then has to travel to the heart and be pumped around the rest of the body through arteries. Therefore, with v-v ecmo or with a ventilator, a patient must have a well-functioning heart to get the oxygen pumped throughout the body. V-a ecmo has the additional advantage of pumping blood directly to arteries. This “by-passes” the heart and is therefore the method of ecmo we use when a patient’s heart is failing.
Many people have a common workout woe that while they are working out for hours they are not losing weight. The reason on a broad sense is simply that you are undoing your workout. Let me explain the reasons here.
1. Calorie overload/dieting - A general opinion amongst a lot of people is that since they are working out, they can binge on their favourite foods. Another group of people are those who workout with utmost sincerity but do not eat post workout. Both are equally harmful and aide fat generation.
2. Not staying hydrated - While working out, our bodies lose a lot of water. Often, we confuse the feeling of being thirsty as being hungry. So after a workout, when one might actually be hungry, one ends up filling the stomach with food. Stay hydrated at all times, especially before and after workout.
3. Drinking alcohol - A lot of people workout during the day and drink in the evening. This is a strict no-no and if not adhered to, you will end up gaining more weight than losing. Usually it is recommended staying completely off alcohol while trying to lose weight because drinks have calories and high sugar content. If abstaining is difficult, restrict the quantity.
4. Not working out enough - Human mind can be fooled very easily into believing what is not. We often believe that we our workout is enough and we don’t need to increase the number of counts, level of difficulty etc. It is good to give yourself a pat in the back, but never too soon.
5. Rewarding yourself - Rewarding yourself after losing every kilo is a very bad idea. Set a big goal and reward yourself only once achieved.
6. Drinking energy drinks - Advertisements promote energy drinks as a must for people who are working out. What they conveniently hide is the fact that these drinks are full of sugar.
7. Not eating enough vegetables - Many people turn to protein shakes and unhealthy foods instead of eating regular home-cooked vegetables which are packed with nutrients.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I am 26 years male had sex with sex worker 3 times using condom, now I scared that is condom safe for sex, if wear or remove do any STD infection HIV. Please suggest.
Curd and buttermilk are both milk based products, have the same composition, and more or less the same nutrients, yet there remains a persistent question as to which out of the two is better?
Does adding water to the contents of the curd, to turn it into buttermilk, really affect the properties of curd?
The answer is yes.
Read on to find out, how.
The basic difference between curd and buttermilk is the process of dilution by the addition of water. The more water you put in curd, the less concentrated the buttermilk becomes. According to Ayurveda, the churning (Manthana) of the curd into buttermilk, gives it additional properties. Churning induces the proteins in the buttermilk to be easily digested due to their degraded structure.
Here are a few pointers that could help you choose which out of the two suits your needs more:
- Calorie content - If you are looking to reduce your weight and prefer a controlled diet, you should opt for buttermilk. 100 grams of buttermilk contains 40 calories, whereas 100 grams of curd contains close to 98 calories. So, for undernourished children or people looking forward to gain weight, curd should be opted because it is nutrient dense.
- Nutrient content - Buttermilk is rich in calcium, vitamin B12, zinc, iboflavin and proteins. It helps in keeping your bones healthy, lowering the level of bad cholesterol, preventing cancer, battling stress and anemia due to the presence of these nutrients. On the other hand, curd contains calcium, phosphorus, vitamins B12, B5, B2, potassium, proteins, and molybdenum. These nutrients prove to be beneficial in preventing chances of hypertension and heart diseases, promoting teeth and bone health and reducing stress and anxiety.
- Fluid content - Buttermilk has significant fluid content, so it can be consumed in extremely hot weather conditions to curb dehydration and as a replacement to other fluids. On the contrary, curd has limited fluid content, which makes it suitable for consumption by people who have been instructed to adhere to a fluid restricted diet, but require an intake of good quality proteins.
- Probiotics content - Both curd and buttermilk are rich in probiotics or good bacteria, which help in strengthening your immune system and increase longevity.
Remember make either of the two a part of your regular diet!
Leucorrhea or excessive discharge per vagina can be a troublesome problem for many women. At certain times in the menstrual cycle the vaginal discharge is normally increased as in mid-cycle and just before the periods. This is normal . However if the discharge is smelly or excessive warranting use of sanitary towels or panty liners or associated with vulval/ vaginal itching it needs to be investigated.
Abnormal vaginal discharge associated with the above symptoms may be due to local infection. It may also be related to poor health, mal-nutrition, constipation, worm infestation , anaemia, local trauma and allergy to local soaps and deodrants.
If the discharge is persistent it is very important to consult a Gynaecologist who may prescribe antibiotics, creams, pessaries and sometimes get swabs done.
It is important to keep the area clean using plain water and dry One should avoid any form of soap/ dettol/ detergent and powders and perfumes in that area as it is very sensitive. Also general health should be improved and anaemia and mal-nutrion should be corrected. Deworming may be required. A local wash like V-wash can be applied once in a while locally that helps maintaining local pH. Drinking adequate water daily is also very important.