Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Diuretics are substances that allow the body to get rid of excess water and sodium. They help in draining out the water by stimulating the kidneys and eliminate sodium from the urine thus, facilitating drainage of excess water. Diuretics are prescribed by the doctor when the body starts to retain excessive fluids.
The conditions that lead to problems such as:
1. High blood pressure: This is a disorder wherein the blood exerts more than the normal force (pressure) against the arterial walls while flowing through them.
2. Diabetes: It is a metabolic disorder wherein the blood sugar level rises significantly.
3. Kidney stones: Kidney stones refer to the formation of stones in the kidneys that can hamper the normal functioning of the kidney, leading to fluid retention in the body.
4. Edema: A disorder wherein parts of the body tend to swell due to inflammation is called ‘edema’.
5. Impaired functioning of the kidney: Impaired functioning of the kidneys makes it very difficult to flush out the excess sodium from the body thus, leading to fluid retention.
There are certain natural diuretics, which can come to your aid in times such as these. Read on to know more:
1. Parsley: Parsley, a very effective diuretic, is an herb that is commonly used for garnishing. It can also help in relieving bladder problems.
2. Black and green tea: Both green and black variants of the humble tea are very effective diuretics; you can enjoy them after a heavy meal to get rid of the bloating.
3. Hawthorn: A type of natural diuretic that is effective in reducing fluid accumulation and increasing urinary excretion. It also helps in treating problems of the kidney.
4. Juniper: A diuretic that has been used since ancient times. Juniper is very effective in removing excess salt and fluids from the body. The advantage of this plant is that it does not lower downs the level of potassium in the body, a side effect of other diuretics.
Dear sir/madam my wife is 30 years old, had her 2 times miscarriage one in october, 2013 and 2nd one in may-2014, we are trying to conceive for last 8months and she is taking medicine 1. Adova 1mg, 2. Fol-xt, 3. Lorpin 75mg and 4. Duphaston 10mg. Her last menstruation 03/04/2015 and to-day is 22/04/2015 she is light bleeding. Please advise us what to do. Thanks.
I am pregnant 5 months I am doing marketing job. I have to travel to distance . Any problem to baby when I am traveling . Some times I got back pain . please tell me what I do?
My period is stop for last month and I have 7 month new born baby. I thought that I am pregnancy once again but by check through kit last week I found negative what was reason for this.
My friend had sex with her gf day before date of her menstruation and she took ipill, her menstruation after that stopped for 5 days and then it occurred but only one time she is having periods and the whole day is without anything no periods, whats the reason. Can she be pregnant or is it irregular. Please help me please?
I am 45 and wife is 42 years old . we married in year 1996 but till today we have no child our boths report ok also we have miscarriage 9 years back .Can we have child now its possible normally?
I am 24 years old. I am 24 weeks pregnant. I am suffering from cramps in lower legs. What should I do? Also suggest me diet chart.
Symptoms of bladder cancer are as follows:
Most often it occurs in people more than 50 years of age. It can present in different ways, but common symptoms being :
Painless hematuria - reddish or brownish colored urine with or without clots Increased frequency of urination Pain while passing urine .
Difficulty in passing urine
The diagnosis requires a proper imaging workup including ultrasound, CT scan and urine examinations. Following the initial imaging, a biopsy is required to confirm the diagnosis and stage the disease. This is done by cystoscopy under anesthesia.
Treatments for bladder cancer depend on the stage of cancer. Broadly bladder cancers can be categorised into Non-invasive and Invasive cancers.
For non-invasive cancers: It requires recurrent cystoscopic surveillance and resection. For those with high risk of tumor recurrence or progression, intravesical chemotherapy or immunotherapy might be required.
For invasive cancers the various treatment choices are:
Surgery: For localised tumor which are amenable to resection perhaps surgery is the best possible treatment. This is a major undertaking where in whole of bladder along with accessory organs is removed. The surgeon may offer choices for reconstruction between neobladder (refashioning bladder with patient's gut) or ileal conduit (fashioning a stoma over which bag can be worn to collect urine). Following surgery a regular follow up is required and the prognosis is good.
Chemotherapy: This modality is reserved for patient's where surgery is not possible or they have metastatic disease (disease spread to other body parts).In this method, medications are used to target and destroy cancer cells.
Radiation Therapy: This might be and option for patient's that are not suitable for surgery. Radiation therapy uses gamma rays to destroy cancer cells in the body The key to good prognosis in bladder cancers is early detection timely intervention and good follow up.
Hesitating to ask this question. Being a bit immodest person I go ahead with this question. How frequently can a women take i-pill? In a month or in a year? Just provide me a quantum?
Age difference between fetus age and menstrual age. Usg report shows fetus age 13weeks 2 days and menstrual age 14 weeks 4 days. Where usg report is normal or not ?
Hi My wife is 3 month pregnant, I am really worried about her health because she is not showing interest in food please help me what should I do?
I am having my periods last month according to my date. After having sex. But this month I am having 1 week later and there is no flow in my vagina during periods only I getting pain.
Am 25 years old. I have a kid of 4 yrs. Now v r planning for another kid. Shall I use any hormone tablets to conceive. I drive scoty. Shall I continue to drive or stop. Doctor gave me zincovit, Dexorange tablets for energy .shall I eat dis or hormone tablets. After 21 st of menses shall we do sex or avoid it. Can a lady could ejaculate if she is trying to conceive.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!