Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nayana Balakrishnan
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nayana BalakrishnanYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, My last month period was on aug 6 to 9, this month's date was exceeded and till my period was not started Nd I checked pregnancy test on 5of sep it was negative, will be any chances of getting pregnant doc, I excepting kid please suggest me, my last abortion was in month of April so I used folic acid tabs for 3 months, after completing 3 months I was stopped using that folic acid tabs. Please help me out should I continue till get pregnant or not. Please help me. I want to conceive asap.
No one likes to have large incisions on their body for any kind of surgery, as they would leave scars. Apart from scars, there is a lot of pain involved in open surgeries and you need to stay for a really long time in the hospital when you opt for open surgeries. So, nowadays, both patients and doctors are opting for the minimally invasive surgeries over the open surgeries.
You have two options when you are opting for minimally invasive surgeries and they are:
It sometimes gets really tough for patients to make a decision on which is the right surgery from these two options. Not all surgeries can be done using these technologies. So, in that case, the only option will be chosen and in other cases, your doctor will help you choose the best based on other factors such as time, cost and post-surgery care.
What is Laparoscopic Surgery?
When compared to the normal open surgery, your doctor makes only small incisions in the area of surgery such as your belly button. Usually, three incisions are made to insert the tubes that hold the equipment and the camera. The camera will show images on the screen and with the help of these images, the doctor can perform the surgery. The scars are less noticeable and the pain is also very less.
What is Robotic Surgery?
Robotic surgery is very similar to laparoscopic surgery. Small incisions are made to insert the camera and equipment inside the abdominal area and it is inflated using carbon dioxide gas. But the main difference is that the doctor does not sit close to the patient to operate the equipment manually with their hands. The doctor does not hold any equipment. Only a nurse stands close to the patient, while the doctor sits in front of his computer and operates the equipment with the help of hand controls available on the computer. That means, it instructs the robot on what to do. The images in robotic surgery are much more magnified than the laparoscopic images and they are of high clarity. The image is three-dimensional ensuring image clarity for the doctor.
Advantages of Robotic Surgery over Laparoscopic surgery:
- Complete three-dimensional view of images, allows the doctor to perform the surgery with great precision.
- A very short period of recovery.
- In robotic surgery, the doctor has a better control over the than laparoscopic surgery.
- The movement required to perform the surgery can also be controlled very well. Smaller movements are possible with robotic control than using the manual controls.
Hi team, I have test done VDRL and TPHA but result is positive may I know it is curable If curable means help me with what medicine will take when it will curable.
My sister is 21 year old. She is suffering from jaundice. Her last bilirubin test report was 2.66. Her previous report was 8.64. Which got lowered to 2.66 she was having medicine sorbolin n liv52. She didn't have fever in this whole period of 20 days. Suddenly today she is having 102 fever. Way can be done now? Can paracetamol be given in this jaundice with fever phase? Require help as soon as possible.
Hello I have undergone medical abortion on 11th January. Today my USG report says that'upper part of endometrium is thickened. Heterogeneous collection along with Cystic area is noted at lower uterine cavity. No embryonic pole is detected. My doc says I have to do d&c. Is it really necessary to undergo surgical process? Is not there any other option? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.
I am 6 months pregnant and currently travelling in sikkim. Due to hilly and zigzag roads, I am suffering from vomiting 2 times a day during journey. What medication shall I take now to have control on nausea and vomiting?
STDs or sexually transmitted diseases are infections whose transmission to a healthy person from an infected person happens through sexual contact. However, with modern medicine and diagnostic techniques, there are ways to prevent, detect and cure them effectively and quickly.
Not all diseases are curable though and it is best to follow preventive measures. Also, for sexually active adults it is an absolute necessity to get tested regularly for their health as well as the well-being of their partners.
Why do people tend to avoid getting tested for STIs or sexually transmitted infections?
One of the major factors that avert people from regular tests is the social stigma attached with sexually transmitted diseases. It is absolutely imperative for sexually active adults to go for regular checkups so that if they have any infections or diseases, it can be diagnosed quickly and remedial measure can be taken appropriately.
The benefits of regular checkups:
Some of the benefits of regular checkups are mentioned here:-
- Regular checkups can detect problems at a stage when the conditions may not have progressed too much and this will make it easily treatable.
- With HIV positive patients, the quicker the testing gets done the quicker the treatment can be started. Thus, can prevent the onset of AIDS.
- Regular checkups can control the progression of the diseases such as Chlamydia, which if left untreated can cause permanent infertility.
- Getting a prospective partner tested is also a good idea as this can enable one to protect themselves from STIs.
- Symptoms for certain STIs can be similar to many other non-sexual or non-venereal diseases. Thus getting tests done is the only way to get to know if there is an STI or if it is some other nonsexual disease.
- HPV or Human Papilloma Virus can be detected easily with regular STI checkups and thus appropriate treatment can be started. If HPV isn't detected early, it can manifest much later in the form of cancer, which makes it more important to get yourself checked early on. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.