Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Navneeth Kumar
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Navneeth KumarYour feedback matters!
I am of 17 years old. Before 7 days I had started workout at home like push ups, dumbls and crunches from last 3 days I am experiencing chest pain on sudden deep breathing.
Sir I am a bypass patient from sept 14 and I hv gone by pass surgery in sept 2014 and now I am taking met xl 25 in morning and ecosprin gold 10 after dinner. So pls guide whether this medicine are ok for me as I am 46 yrs. I am taking 45 min walk daily in morning. Currently mango season is running and I like too much to eat mango as I was eating earlier so pls inform whether it is good for me and how much mango in a day is advisable as per years experience pls let us know. I will be waiting for your reply soon.
Hypertension is a condition where the blood has to exert extra pressure to flow through the blood vessels. While there is a genetic component to it, the more strong contributing factors are modified lifestyle and dietary changes. There are also a lot of environmental changes that have contributed to this new epidemic. While earlier people in their 50s and 60s would be diagnosed with hypertension, now there are people in 30s and 40s taking hypertension pills. Excess fat accumulation is the major cause of hypertension in younger patients.
There begins the complexity of the issue. Hypertension which requires medications to control it, they lead to side effects and bring in a host of other diseases like diabetes, and obesity which in turn bring in a whole lot of complications. A more easy way to manage would be to prevent and of course, after onset, look at how naturally it can be managed.
Ayurveda has numerous substances that have been proven to have beneficial effects in controlling blood pressure over the past 1000s of years.
- Celery or ajwain helps blood vessels to dilate and reduces concentration of stress hormones in the blood.
- Ashwagandha has a wide range of actions and improves the body's ability to handle physical and mental stress. This in turn improves blood pressure, obesity, and depression.
- Citrus fruits contain Vitamin C which prevents fragility of the capillaries (thinner blood vessels).
- Cow's urine prevents hardening of blood vessels and is of curative value in those who have blood pressure due to hardening of blood vessels.
- Triphala which is a combination of amla, haritaki, and bibhitaki helps reduce inflammation that leads to blood pressure, thereby helping to control it.
- Jatamansi - By helping the free radical damage on the arteries, it protects the arteries and prevents cholesterol accumulation. It also is a very well-proven stress reliever and has additional benefits on hypertension.
- Arjuna - By helping the metabolism of the bad cholesterol in the liver, this protects the inner lining of the heart and thereby helps control hypertension.
- Calcium and potassium containing substances help remove sodium and thereby improve blood pressure.
- Natural herbs like Brahmi, Sarpagandha, Shankhpushpi, and Chandana are effective Ayurvedic cure and treatment for hypertension.
- Rasayana treatment from ayurveda is having excellent results, however everyone requires unique rasayan as per their body types.
- Watermelon helps in dilation of the blood vessels.
- Aloe gel, barberry, calamus, valerian, skullcap, gotu kola cayenne, myrrh, motherwort, hawthorn and jatamansi have all been shown to help manage hypertension over thousands of years.
- A glass of warm milk mixed with saraswat powder is also helpful for patients with high blood pressure.
These are natural remedies which were a part of diet since times immemorial. Including them in the diet, reducing processed foods, regular exercise, avoiding alcohol and smoking can be some natural ways to prevent and if required control hypertension. Stress is here to stay, but can definitely be managed with a little conscious effort.