Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Navneeth KumarYour feedback matters!
Hello doc, I am 55 year old female. I have congestive heart problem for last 8 yrs and I am on medication for the same. Since past 2 years I have persistant cough which gets better with antibiotics. For the past few months I feel feverish during the evening. This gets better with a dose of paracetamol. Doctor, what could be possible cause for the same should I take antibiotics for the same ? Please Advice.
Dear Dr. It is said that a cup of garlic juice, ginger juice, lemon juice and Apple cider vinegar boiled and made into three cups and after that adding there cups of honey if consumed daily clears all heart blocks. Can a diabetic patient whose sugar is on border line have? Please let me know this. Thanks and regards. Gautam BHATTACHARJEE.
I have gain so much weight and can't stop myself from eating so is it harmful for me because I eat so much fast food and is there any heart attack possibilities as some one said me that it can cause heart attack.
My wife have lot of weakness after giving birth to my son. She loss almost 15 kg weight. She is not feeling well from last 11 months. Bp is most of the time is low. What can I do.
My mother has cholesterol problem. What is the appropriate diet to reduce cholesterol? Please suggest as soon as possible.
I am Vivek From Rajasthan 46 years old please suggest me Medicine for high blood pressure And diabetes.
Total cholesterol 278 Triglycerides 347 Ldl cholesterol 185 7 Suffering from hypertension ( avg 160/110) from 3-4 years Age 28 yrs Feels dizzy,cannot concentrate on work properly Doc suggested Triolmezest 40 mg daily after breakfast whole life Please help
I have mild chest pain oftenly! I am only living in my room. Some times I get fear. Which tablet is very useful in emergency? Please give advice!
My father got heart attack .His heart function is 30. His creatinine is increasing 1.8. How to stop stop this kidney damage.
I am a 61 year old male. Widowed. Live alone. BP 140/90. Repace 50 tabs twice daily. Know HPTN patient. Take Ativan 4 mg daily. Now I have developed IBS. Please help me. . Mail is firstname.lastname@example.org. This IBS is bad I want to take my life soon.
I am 52 years old, having no health problems so far but some times I feel heaviness in the chest heart side, whether it is muscular pain or some heart problem is getting developed? I don't smoke, drink or eat non-veg food. Daily walk for 45 mins or say 4-5 kms, exercise daily for 30 mins. Even can climb 16 storied building without any fatigue or so. Will some doctor explain this phenomenon? thanks in advance.
I am 21 years old unmarried girl completed my engineering final year. I have got pain in left chest, left arm, left jaw, left hand ring fingr. Does this mean I may get an heart attack? n I even have fast breathing. Wat shud I do prevent it. Please repl am really worried. Thank you in advance.
My mom had three blockage in heart artery.Angioplasty has done on 14 march 2015.Chest pain has gone off.Is she now safe ?
I am 18 year girl and I have my period problem, my period is not come on time. My health is not good because some day later I have stomach infection and my b. P also low so what should I do please tell me.
Cardiomyopathy is a serious heart disease. It is a disease associated with the heart muscle or myocardium. In this disease, the heart muscles get weak and fails to pump blood to the organs of the body. It has several categories. The categorization depends upon the range of factors. In this disease, irregular heartbeat is observed. These irregularities can lead to heart failure or attack or can trigger problems in the valves. It is important to take care of your heart to avoid such a condition. It is also advisable to see a doctor as soon as the symptoms are noticed to avoid greater damage.
Types of Cardiomyopathy
This disease can be divided into four categories. These are as follows:
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy: It is the most common type. It occurs at a time when the heart muscle gets too weak to pump blood properly. The muscles of the heart get thinner and weak. In fact, this also leads to the expansion of the heart chambers. In common terms, it is also referred to as enlarged heart. In most cases, this is inherited or caused by some coronary artery disease.
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: This is genetically transferred to the patient. In this condition, the heart walls get thicker and this hinders the smooth flow of blood. It is one of the most common types of Cardiomyopathy.
- Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia (ARVD): This is a very rare form. It can cause sudden death, especially in young athletes. In this disease, fat and fibrous tissues are responsible for replacing the muscles in the right ventricle. This leads to an abnormal rhythm.
- Restrictive Cardiomyopathy: It occurs as the ventricles of the heart get stiff and are unable to relax. This prevents them from getting filled up with blood. Under this situation, you might have to go for a heart transplant.
- Other Types: Some of the other types include Peripartum Cardiomyopathy (the one which occurs after pregnancy), Alcoholic Cardiomyopathy (happens due to excessive intake of alcohol) and Ischemic Cardiomyopathy.
Treatment of Cardiomyopathy
The treatment of Cardiomyopathy depends upon the extent of damage caused. It might not require treatment if symptoms are not very troublesome or prominent. It may be dealt with certain lifestyle changes, adjustments and medications, in cases those needs to be addressed.
Tips to deal with Cardiomyopathy
1. Maintain a healthy lifestyle by getting an adequate amount of night sleep. Go to bed early and wake up early too.
2. Don’t spend long hours in watching television or work till late night
3. Eat a lot of fresh and green-leafy vegetables daily.
4. Avoid the intake of spicy, oily and fast foods.
5. Consume home-cooked food only. Avoid eating out at restaurants or street-side joints.
6. Don’t drink excess coffee, tea or aerated drinks.
7. Don’t consume alcohol or smoke up cigarettes.
8. Don’t live a sedentary life and be a couch potato. Workout and exercise on regular basis.
9. Avoid emotional outburst and try to keep a control over your reactions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.