Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nasreen Aleem SiddiquYour feedback matters!
Am 4 months pregnant. Shall I have dry nuts like pista and Almonds and dry grapes? Is it good for baby?
My wife is 8 weeks pregnant and child didn't get heartbeat, found in sonography. Doctor is asking for abortion. Need suggestion. Should we go for abortion or we can wait for another 2 weeks.
PCOD is a very common condition seen in women these days. Women with PCOD are more prone to developing serious health conditions. There are several causes that lead to this condition, one of the primes of them being the diet we choose and our lifestyle. Given below are some important Do’s and Don’ts to follow, for women with PCOD and for all those who would like to prevent this condition. A little extra care if taken in effectively managing our diet and lifestyle could go a long way in preventing PCOD.
- Wheat products (wheat bread, wheat pasta)
- Natural diuretic fruits
- Raw fruits (especially apple, pear etc.) and vegetables
- Oats, Corn, Butter, eggs, almonds, peanuts, pumpkin, beans, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumber, eggplant, lettuce, mushroom, onions, peppers, spinach, vegetable oil, soya beans, apricots, blueberries, cantaloupe, cherries, figs, grapes, honeydew, lemon, tomato juice, kiwi fruit, pineapple, plum, raspberries, strawberries, watermelon, mango, cheese, radishes, olive oil, nuts, salmon fish, flaxseeds
- Protein rich foods
- High fiber rich food and Vit B rich food
- Opt for lean meat. Avoid chicken though, as they may be injected with male hormone to increase the muscle bulk, which would trigger PCOD
- Move to Soy products instead of milk, as milk has the tendency to increase the testosterone levels
- Include 1-2 litres of water in your diet, which avoids water retention
- Divide meals into small healthy 5-6 meals per day, instead of 3 heavy meals and never miss breakfast
- Sit –ups, push –ups
- Skipping helps you to lessen binge eating, the release of serotonin and dopamine will keep your stress levels low.
- Stress free methods such as Yoga, meditation, listening to music etc.
- All whites (Maida, white bread, pasta, etc.)
- Junk or fast foods, cakes, cookies, sweets, chocolates, soft drinks and soda, desserts etc.
- Avoid red meat, whole milk dairy, fried food, margarines
- Reduce Sodium intake, by avoiding sauces, chips, salted nuts, canned soups
- Quit smoking –as it stimulates Androgen
- Avoid alcohol
Scope of Homoeopathy in PCOD:
Homeopathic approach towards management of PCOD is constitutional, taking into account the presenting complaints along with physical, mental and genetic make-up that individualizes a person. It involves prescribing “Constitutional Medicine”, which is also capable for working on the Ovaries and the entire Endocrine system. The treatment logic varies depending on the presence of any genetic predisposition, physical makeup (obesity), peculiarities of your menstrual, etc. In Homoeopathy, medicines are given to induce ovulation in a natural way, which would improve and regularize your menstrual cycle and also helps in the prevention or minimization of cyst formation.
Feel free to drop a personal message for any queries
Epilepsy is a disorder of the central nervous system, thus it is basically a neurological disorder. In this the nerve cell activity of the brain is disrupted and causes seizures along with episodes of unusual behavior along with the loss of consciousness. The symptoms of the seizure can vary and some people with epilepsy just stare blankly for few seconds when a seizure takes place, while some twitch their arms and legs repeatedly.
Symptoms of Epilepsy:
As epilepsy is caused by the abnormal activities in the brain cells, seizures affect the processes with which the brain coordinates. Some signs and symptoms are:
- Staring blankly
- Confusion which is temporary
- Uncontrolled jerking movements of the legs and arms
- Loss of awareness and consciousness
- Psychic symptoms
Mostly the symptoms vary depending on the type of the seizure. The seizures are further classified into focal and generalized depending on which part of the brain shows abnormal activity.
When seizures are due to the abnormal activity of the cells in just one area then it is known as focal seizures. These seizures are of two types:
- Focal seizures with intact awareness -These seizures basically alter the emotions and the things like change in smell, look, sound and taste. These also result in the involuntary jerking of the body like the legs and arms, with spontaneous sensory symptoms like the tingling and flashing of the lights.
- Focal seizure with impaired awareness - These seizures have a loss of awareness and consciousness. One might just stare blankly into space in this seizure and performs repetitive activities like swallowing, chewing, walking in circles and chewing.
There are six types of generalized seizures. These are:
- Absence seizures, also known as petit mal seizures, are commonly seen in children and are characterized by subtle body movements like lip smacking and eye blinking and staring blankly into space. These also cause loss of consciousness.
- Tonic seizures lead to stiffening of the muscles. These affect the muscles of the legs and arms and also cause to fall to the ground.
- Atonic seizures are also called as drop seizures. These cause loss of control in the muscles, thereby leading to collapse or fall.
- Clonic seizures are the rhythmic and jerking muscle movements. These affect the arms, face and neck.
- Myoclonic seizures appear as twitches in the arms and legs.
- Tonic-clonic seizures also known as grand mal seizures are very dramatic and lead to body stiffening, abrupt loss of consciousness, shaking and loss of bladder control and tongue biting. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.
My Girlfriend is a Virgin, She wants to use the Product" Diva Cups" at the time of her periods. Will it break her Hymen? Is it safe to use it? Is there any chances of infection or something? Why is this Product not available in Normal Medical stores and Only available in Amazon? They hav Reduced its price from Rs5000 to Rs2900 for a short period of time, So is there any risk of getting a Bad quality Product? IN SHORT, HOW MUCH SAFE IS THIS "DIVA CUPS" AND Y ONLY FEW WOMEN USE IT?
Spending long hours at your desk in front of a computer screen, with a compromised diet and work pressure can put a lot of strain on your mental and physical health. With these tips, you can ensure optimum health and well-being in your professional life.
1. Keep water handy:
Carry a bottle of water and be sure to hydrate yourself at regular intervals. This way, you’ll be able to maintain healthy oxygen flow in your body, especially the brain, and keep drowsiness at bay. Flavored water or fruit-based waters are interesting ways to drink more.
2. Stick to home-cooked meals:
Nothing substitutes a wholesome homemade meal. You’ll be sure that you’re not consuming any artificial flavors or preservatives, using only as much sugar, salt and/or spices as needed, which are otherwise put in excess and can affect you adversely. Plus, you can customize your meal with healthy favorites. Cook big batches during the weekend, and freeze for use through the week.
3. Don’t be too hard on yourself:
Work is important, but you’ll not be able to give it your best with a tired mind and body. Don’t work over lunch break, and close your eyes and relax for a few minutes every hour. This clears your mind and keeps you active. Here are some other ways to establish a healthy and calm workplace routine.
4. Invest in your comfort:
Make easy ergonomic adjustments. Get a comfortable chair and place the mouse and keyboard as close together as possible. Mind your posture. Your back should be aligned against the chair, and avoid hunching or leaning forward.
5. Go easy on the caffeine:
Gulping down several cups of coffee/tea to keep you awake at work, is not doing you any good. Caffeine consumption is linked to several health issues such as a speedy heartbeat, high blood pressure, anxiety, restlessness, and irritability. Yes, it tastes divine and gives you an instant energy boost, but can also cause a quick energy crash. What’s more dangerous, however, is caffeine addiction. Stick to a cup or two, at most. Here are some healthy alternatives to keep you up and running all day long.
I am 11 week 1 day pregnant now. Today morning I found little brown discharge. Is it normal or anything went wrong?
In this modern times many are leading busy fast paced lifestyles that are very effective for achieving career goals. However other areas of life can and do suffer as a result particularly that of health. In order to achieve few ways can be followed
1. Drink plenty of water: the importance of maintaining hydration is key in all areas of health. Not doing so not only affects energy and concentration levels but also can lead to further illness or exacerbation of existing ones.
2. Deep diaphragmatic breathing: just five slow diaphragmatic breaths has a profound effect on both physical and psychological state almost instantly, as in case of stress.
3. Regular exercise: that means spending for 10 to 15 minutes of regular stretching and strengthening exercises in stipulated time period.
4. Meditation: it could be done anywhere and at anytime as it requires simple practice of being mindful.
5. Positive focus: negative thinking can be most draining things as it doesn't have to be. To change it effectively with thought patterns with enough focus and consistency as it brings positive outcomes.