Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. NarvekarYour feedback matters!
I have heavy pain at back last 3 months. Its was slipped disc problem now its paining my right leg on top thigs with heavy pain. And slowly its going to another leg. So please let me know what should I do for it.
My mom had a lumber l4 surgery 6 months back due to heavy pain in back and right leg, now post surgery there is still pain in her back and legs.. So What can be done to clear the problem
Dear sir/mam My waist remains in pain I already take a treatment from doctor but its not helpful please tell me how can I gain relief from it permanently.
What is a strain?
A strain is a muscular injury caused due to poor posture or any physical activity that exerts a lot of pressure on the muscle. It is nothing, but a torn muscle or tissue connected to a bone. A strain can occur in any muscle of the body, but it most commonly occurs in the lower back, neck, shoulder, and hamstring, which is the muscle behind your thigh.
One can differentiate between a pain and a strain through the following ways
- Symptoms: One of the major symptoms of a strain is acute pain. Simultaneously, the torn muscle will be sore; it will be discoloured and swollen. Movement will be limited in that part of the body and the patient will get a ‘knotted-up’ feeling because muscular injury weakens or stiffens the muscle. Another major symptom of strain includes muscular spasm. Pain on the other hand is a state of physical and sensory discomfort caused due to an external stimulus. The affected area will not have the aforementioned symptoms and is not limited to muscular injury.
- Length of time: One of the key ways to differentiate between a muscle strain and pain is the amount of time the symptoms persist. Normal pain lingers for about three days and is reduced with medication. In case of muscular strain, the pain lasts longer because the injury is internal. The muscles are sore and stiff and remain weak until treated.
- Type of distress: The feeling of pain usually persists irrespective of the fact that the patient is at rest or is not moving; while in a muscular strain, the patient is not distressed at rest but experiences major discomfort when trying to use or move the affected part of the body.
The sensation of pain usually worsens with activity. On the other hand a muscular strain is treated with muscular exercises such as stretching. If the patient doesn’t use the affected muscle for a long period of time, it tends to worsen. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopaedics.
मेरी मम्मी को 6 - 7 दिन से उसके पैर मे बहुत दर्द रहता है। घुटने से कुल्हे तक दाएं पैर में हो रहा है क्या करे
Sir I am a 22 year old young boy but I am facing some problem related to my health. There is alway a pain in my back, what is the reason sir and how can I remove this?
Doctor, I am 59 year old, my height is 5'-6" & my weight is 85 kg. Recently I started pain in my both the knees, sole & heels. Kindly advice. Thanks VT.
Hello Doctor, what are the risks associated with knee replacement due to severe osteoarthritis. Thanks for your time Doctor.
I am 36 years old male, after having food if I walk 100 metre I get unconciece n pain in chest, so what would I do.
Hello doctor. I have pain in center of foot since from 2 month some time it has pin pain when I sit on chair for work please advice any solution.
My hands and legs pains a lot will it be helpful to take b complex multivitamin tablet or anything else please suggest me.
Sir my mom suffering knee bone joint pain since one month she is 50 years old please suggest medication.
I am 19 year old I have leg pain and I want leg fitness for stableand this is down from 3 months before and I have observed leg pain.
I am suffering from spine t. B n 16 months passed to take medicine my mri reports show a little tiny spots now and my doc said that your infection cure slowly thats why your course extended and I know its get 18 month but from this report how many months are more extend then 18.
I had diabetes in my pregnancy time, but after delivery it's gone, my question is, if any chance to come back.
I am having a pain at the back of my knee in my right leg on the right side at a point. While walking I am not bale to fold my leg. And when I am sitting, I cannot unfold it.
I am 60 years old man and have back pain last 3 years haven't got any relief what should I do now? Please help me doctor?
Your shoulder is one of the most overused joints in the body and thus is at a higher risk of contracting an injury. Shoulder pain may lead to mobility issues where moving your arms may become extremely difficult. The shoulder consists of three parts, viz. the shoulder blade, collarbone and the upper arm bone. Shoulder pain may result from an injury to any of these areas.
The various causes of shoulder pain are:
- Impingement: Impingement of the shoulder muscle occurs when the top of the shoulder impinges on the rotator cuff muscles. This condition can lead to severe pain in the shoulder.
- Bursitis: Bursa is a fluid filled sac that cushions the bones and help in preventing friction. Bursitis is a disorder that results in inflammation of the bursa, thus resulting in shoulder pain.
- Tendinitis: Tendinitis is a condition that is characterized by gradual wear and tear of the tendon. Usually the rotator cuff tendons in the shoulder are affected by this condition.
- Instability of the shoulder: Shoulder instability is a disorder of the shoulder wherein the upper arm bone dislocates from its socket. This can cause excessive pain in the shoulder.
- Fractures: A fracture in the bones of the shoulder results in excruciating shoulder pain.
- Arthritis: Arthritis is a disorder that leads to inflammation in the joints, thus resulting in pain and impaired movement of the joint.
Treatment: The treatment for shoulder pain consists of medications and physiotherapy. You may also be asked to discontinue any strenuous activity that requires shoulder movement. Medications such as NSAIDs are prescribed to help in controlling the pain. Various stretches of the shoulder are also recommended to improve shoulder flexibility and mobility.
Tips: Do exercises such as the overhead press with light weights to improve your shoulder strength. Also make sure to include certain external rotation exercises to strengthen the rotator cuff muscles.