Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NarmadaYour feedback matters!
Hey, I'm a 18 year old boy and my girlfriend and I are about to have sex in a few days. I'm feeling awkward to go to the medical shop near my home to ask for a condom and I cannot order it online cuz or else my family members will see it and they'll kill me lol. Can you suggest me a way out of this? Also, we have never had sex with anyone hence we both are virgins so can we have sex without a condom? She wants to have sex without a condom and then she'll take birth control pills. Any suggestion?
If my wife is pregnant will there be any chance for ovulation after her periods? Because we made intercourse just after two days of her periods and yesterday night onwards she is having white bleeding in thick form.
Hi I am 12 weeks and 6 day pregnant yesterday I had my NT scan the result shows unossified nasal bone so the doctor scheduled for double test, I just wanted to know whether the absent nasal bone is an indicator of chromosomal abnormalities such as downs syndrome, and the accuracy of double test and how they are analysing the report. Please reply?
Obesity increases the chance of life threatening disorders or diseases exponentially. Diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular problems and orthopedic problems are common among obese people. Consuming proper food is very important in this regard as they help in maintaining an optimal weight level and support fat loss.
8 foods that can help in getting a flat stomach are:
- Almonds: Almonds are highly beneficial for your health as they are a good source of Vitamin E, folate, fiber, protein and healthy fats. They help in controlling food cravings and building muscles in the body. They also reduce chances of being affected by various cardiovascular diseases and even cancer.
- Eggs: Eggs are considered to be a super food as they are packed with nutrients. Egg protein has a high biological value, which indicates how well the protein is absorbed into your body. Eggs also keep your stomach full so that you can control hunger cravings.
- Salmon: Salmon contains essential proteins along with Omega-3 fatty acids that help in maintaining protein levels in muscles. It also reduces your risk of getting affected by diabetes and heart diseases.
- Yoghurt: Yoghurt is a pro-biotic that is beneficial for the digestive system. It contains a good balance of carbohydrates and protein that is beneficial for fat loss.
- Vegetables: Vegetables are good for the body as they assist in elimination of free radicals. They contain fiber, which helps in keeping you full and control hunger cravings. Folate, which is abundantly found in vegetables, minimizes the risk of stroke and colon cancer drastically.
- Lean meat: Lean meats like chicken and turkey assist in controlling obesity and heart diseases. They are a high source of protein, which help in building muscle and boosting the immune system.
- Peanut butter: Consuming peanut butter in small measures helps in building muscle, boosting testosterone levels in the body and burning fat. It is packed with healthy fats that assist in enhancing testosterone levels, which aid in burning fat. It also helps control hunger cravings.
- Whole grains: Whole grains contain complex carbohydrates, which do not allow the sugar level to fluctuate and provide a steady stream of energy to the body.
Uterine cancer is also known as endometrial cancer and it mostly affects the middle aged women. The uterus of a woman is a muscular organ. The cancer can affect any part of the uterus and is more common in women having obesity, diabetes and hypertension. In most cases, the cancer starts in the endometrium, hence called endometrial cancer. Uterine cancer can be cured using any of the following methods:
- Surgical removal of the uterus along with ovaries, lymph nodes and fallopian tubes
- Radiation therapy
Although uterine cancer is curable, it's always a better option to prevent it. You cannot control all the causes for uterine cancer like those related to heredity. But other than that, here are a few ways in which you can prevent suffering from uterine cancer:
- Control body weight: Keep your body weight in control. Obesity can pose a huge risk of getting affected with uterine cancer. The fat in the body produces estrogen, which promotes the growth of uterine lining that is the Endometrium and may lead to Endometrial cancer.
- Breast feed: If you are lactating, then the risk of the cancer decreases, as breast feeding decreases ovulation as well as estrogen activities.
- Treat abnormal bleeding: If you are suffering from any type of abnormal bleeding, be that heavy periods, bleeding even after you reached menopause or if you start bleeding between two period cycles, consult your doctor immediately. Abnormal bleeding is the symptom of endometrial hyperplasia, which might eventually turn cancerous.
- Exercise: As already said earlier, keep your weight under control to avoid uterine cancer. Exercise to avoid increase in weight leading to obesity. It also reduces the estrogen level in your body.
- Healthy food: Healthy food is the key to avoid any disease, be that a common cold or uterine cancer. Eat a healthy and balanced diet everyday to be fit and bouncing.
- Birth control pills: It is believed that the intake of birth control pills helps to keep uterine cancer at bay.
So eat healthy, exercise and adopt healthy habits. Then nothing can stop you from enjoying life to the fullest.
Bacterial vaginosis is an infection that occurs in the vagina due to an imbalance in growth of the vaginal bacteria; It is the overgrowth in the naturally occurring bacteria in the vagina causes the imbalance. This disorder is very common among women, especially among pregnant women. This problem is usually not very serious and tends to subside within 4-5 days. However, in certain cases, they are capable of causing serious complications.
Symptoms of bacterial vaginosis include:
- Vaginal discharge that is white or grey in colour
- Constant itching in your vagina
- The vaginal discharge usually has a foul smelling odour
- Burning sensation during urination
Vaginal bacteria can be either good or bad. Any disruption in the delicate balance of the vaginal bacteria can lead to bacterial vaginosis. There is no exact known cause of this disorder, but it is believed that having multiple sex partners can aggravate this risks. Other factors include:
- Douching: If you clean your vagina with water and other cleansing agents on a regular basis, it might cause a bacterial imbalance, thus leading to this infection.
- Multiple partners: Having multiple sex partners puts you at a higher risk of contracting bacterial vaginosis. This disorder may also lead to various complications such as:
- STIs: This infection may make you highly susceptible to various infections such as Chlamydia, HIV and gonorrhoea.
- Disorders of the pelvic region: Bacterial vaginosis may lead to inflammation in the pelvic region, which in turn may lead to infertility.
- Preterm birth: It increases the chances of premature birth
- Smoking: Smoking frequently increases the risk of a bacterial vaginosis infection.
- Unprotected sex: Having sex without proper protection increases the risk levels of bacterial vaginosis.
There are certain preventive measures that you can adopt to prevent this condition:
- Use soaps which contain no or very little chemicals to clean the region around your genitals
- Use latex condoms during sexual intercourse to prevent STIs.
- Do not clean your vagina (the practice referred to as douching) on a regular basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I was on Diane 35 and the last pill I took on 29th December. I should have got my period in a week. But I have still not got my periods. Pls advise.
My date was 26 August. But still having no periods. I had 3 pregnancy test, all r negative. Having headache, back pain, tiredness. I went to the Dr. She gave me deviry tablet and ask to do blood test.
My wife had her mensuration cycle over in wednesday. On thursday afternoon we had sex n I accidentally inserted my sperms into her, she went n peed right away n told that very little blood came out. Late that night we again had sex n I again accidentally inserted my sperms into her. She again went n peed right away telling that the sperm was out. Early morning on sunday she took unwanted 72 empty stomach, (from the 65th hour of first sex ). Its been monday today n nothing has happened yet. Is there any possibility of her getting pregnant so doctor what to do right now I am really very tensed regarding her pregnancy. And can you suggest the name of any abortion medicine?
Doctor said I am 4-6 Weeks Pregnant with a BHCG Value of 324. On the day of testing morning I had One drop of Blood. Later in the evening again one drop and next day morning also I had one drop. Kindly Suggest, Is this normal to have such or it could be dangerous.
I am 27 years old female. Having fertility treatment 3 sitrodin injection last month. Although my period is regular bt this month period not come after 8 days n pregnancy test shows negative. What to do. Pls suggest me.
I have intramural uterine fibroid issue its size is 89*70 mm. And want to conceive. Pls give advice.
Doctor, I am a newly married girl. During sex I do not arouse soon. I don't feel any pleasure. What should I do doctor?
I m 40 years old woman. I m suffering from heavy bleeding due my period, morethan 20 days. I m afraid to do operation. So please help me. What should I do?
Asthma, the long term inflammatory disease, affects the airways of lungs. A number of symptoms, including obstruction of air flow into the lungs, which can cause breathlessness, coughing, wheezing, allergic reactions and swelling of the tubes, points to it. The causes include genes as well as pollution in the environment which is resulting in an increasing number of cases. The diagnosis is usually done with a spirometry and the treatment is a long term process.
Women who suffer from asthma have to be especially vigilant during pregnancy as it can lead to a number of complications including less air passage to the foetus. This can result in a slow rate of development and certain anomalies in extreme cases. So how can a pregnant lady manage asthma? Here are a few tips:
- Involve Pulmologist: To begin with, the obstetrician and the pulmonologist must both be well aware of the situation. The pulmonologist must be given detailed information with regards to allergies as well as past treatment and medical history so that the treatment is done systematically to prevent an asthmatic attack and any complications to the foetus.
- Lung Function: During pregnancy, the doctor must monitor lung function carefully with monthly check ups to ensure that the right amount of oxygen is reaching the foetus. This is done because the severity of asthma changes in most women during pregnancy. A spriometry or peak flow metre can be used to measure the lung function. Also, the foetal movements must be monitored on a monthly basis, or rather, once every 28 days, to be more specific.
- Influenza: Flu is a common outcome of asthma, especially when it becomes severe during pregnancy. The onset of flu or influenza must be prevented at all costs with the help of a flu vaccine that will be effective at least for a season at a time. It is a pregnancy safe injection.
- Triggers: There are many things that may trigger an asthmatic attack or an allergic reaction that can lead to the same. Ensure that you do not suffer from these triggers by avoiding dust, pollen, tobacco smoke and varied other substances that can lead to choking and wheezing.
- Medication: One must ask the doctor about pregnancy safe inhaled corticosteroids that one can take during pregnancy if and when the need arises.