Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nargis Rajebal Pethani
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nargis Rajebal PethaniYour feedback matters!
During period my stomach is so pained and pain is so hard that can not control by any medicine. As from doctor instruction I do ultrasound of my stomach but no result found, no medicine work. Can doing sex is benefit. How can I overcome from this problem?
I am 32 female married two years ago but I am feeling sexually weak and don't stand long with my partner. What should I do?
Hello, I have three months old baby and he is on bottle feed I am gaining weight I wanna ask can I start some yoga and exercise? My baby was born with c section operation. please help me.
I have healthy diet but this time I have not got my periods even after 7 days because if that I have acne on my face. I should call red spots what shall I do.
When a person is aroused there are a host of hormonal changes within the person's body. These changes do manifest on the surface in the form of certain physical variations. Sexual stimulation happens to alter the state of human genitalia and that too in obvious ways. The blood flow to the concerned area increases, there is enough of natural lubrication in and around the organ and for women, the vagina loosens up and the clitoris swells. Intercourse followed by a climactic release will make the clitoris regain its original size. However, worries crop up when that is not the case with every single female. This serious medical condition of a swollen clitoris should never be overlooked; it must be treated by seeking experienced medical assistance.
- Trauma: Any slight scratch or one wrong touch can cause a swollen clitoris. Even a scratch of your fingernail while you are masturbating or a rough sexual intercourse can and is enough to create trauma in your clitoris.
- Hair: Hair grows normally around your genital area. It is very common for a woman to have pubic hair. But sometimes small hair splinters lead to trouble and hair gets stuck into your clitoris and causes swelling. This is a very annoying process, sometimes you may have to use a magnifying glass to remove the hair from your clitoris.
- Clothing: Sometimes your tight clothes can result in a swollen clitoris. The friction from your rough clothing material can cause your clitoris to swell. Sometimes you may be using a detergent that is not suitable for you or you may be wearing a dress material, which you're allergic to. You should always wash your clothes in plain water and dry it before using.
- Infection: You may also have some bacterial and fungal infection in your clitoris, which can cause a swollen clitoris. This infection can also invite itchiness and redness and these can make it even worse. If it doesn't subside within some days then you should definitely see a doctor.
- Cysts: Small cysts known as Bartholomew's cysts can grow on the clitoris. This thing hampers the natural lubrication of the body. If you are having clitoris swelling because of cysts then you should seek medical attention immediately.
Your clitoris is naturally sensitive and if you are having a swollen clitoris after intercourse then you should pull back from sexual intercourse for a few days. At times the swelling goes away on its own. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I have problem in the vaginal area. There are small skin foldings which led to a small mass. It is full of itching n blood comes out after this. Small skins has appeared in this area and looks like a line also. Is anything serious.
I am 22 years old newly married female. I have irregular periods. And sometimes I come in periods one in 6 months. I want to concieve. Is there any solution?
The removal of the uterus is known as a hysterectomy. This is a fairly common procedure and may or may not include the removal of the ovaries as well. A hysterectomy may be partial or complete and can be performed abdominally, vaginally or laparoscopically. A partial hysterectomy includes only the removal of the uterus and leaves the cervix in its place. A complete hysterectomy removes both the uterus and the cervix.
There are many reasons for women to undergo a hysterectomy. Treatment of uterine fibroids, endometriosis, uterine prolapsed and cancerous growths are the most common amongst these. There are alternatives to a hysterectomy in most cases and hence, a woman should know all the details about her case before undergoing such a surgery. The only case where hysterectomy is the only solution is in the case of cancerous growths.
The uterus does more than just act as a home for a growing fetus. Hence, the removal of a woman uterus can have a significant effect on her health.
Inability to bear children
For a woman in her thirties, the inability to bear children is the biggest effect of a hysterectomy. Some women may also experience a lowered libido. This is seen mostly in cases where the ovaries are removed along with the uterus. Some women may also face difficulties achieving an orgasm.
When the uterus is removed the spine compresses and makes the rib cage move downwards. This makes the hip bones move outwards and widen. As a result the anatomy of a woman changes to give her a wider waist and protruding belly. She may also lose a little height. Vaginal dryness is another physiological change that is triggered by a hysterectomy.
If the hysterectomy surgery includes the removal of ovaries, it is followed instantly by menopause. This is regardless of your age. If the ovaries are left intact, there is a risk of menopause occurring within the next five years. Some of the symptoms of menopause are:
Depression is a common side effect of a hysterectomy when it is performed on women in their thirties. The inability to bear children is partly responsible for this. This depression is usually temporary as long as the woman has a good support system in the form of friends and family. In some cases, this depression could also give rise to suicidal feelings.