Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nargis Rajebal PethaniYour feedback matters!
My wife getting irregular periods after did d and c on may 2015 we have checked thyroid, the test shows normal what is the reason for this?
I am 23 years old n last month I took 4 ipill did month I didt had my periods yet. My periods is already 16 days delay. Plzz help me.
I am 37 years old and have irritable bowel syndrome and vaginal discharge also but since these 2 days I am getting severe pain in the legs and back so chronic pain in the knee and the other areas that I feel difficult to walk and while sleeping I feel difficult to change my position or move my body. I am quite tensed and have unbearable pain accompanied by fever. Kindly help.
Contrary to what most girls have been led to believe about the hymen being a flat tissue that covers the vagina and is ripped during penetrative intercourse, the truth is that hymen is a fringe of tissue around the vaginal opening. It is not an intact tissue draping across the vaginal wall because without any outlet for the menstrual blood, girls would get periods only after they lose their virginity. (Know more about Irregular Periods)
Here are a few mind-boggling facts about the hymen.
- Just like labia, every woman's hymen varies in color, size and shapes.
- It is elastic and stretchy in most cases. Vaginal delivery makes the hymen less visible by smoothening and stretching it.
- Despite popular belief, the pain women experience when they have sex for the first time is not due to your hymen breaking, but because your vaginal muscles are too tense and/or you're going at it too rough and fast without adequate lubrication.
- Simple exercises such as walking, riding bicycles, doing splits as well as horseback riding may rip your hymen long before you have had intercourse.
- Hymens should not be perceived as the indicator of sexual activity because they are extremely stretchy and stay with you your entire life. Even sexually active people have hymens.
- If you do not resort to any sexual activity (including penetration during masturbation), the hymen returns to its default position in your vulva.
- Very few women have an imperforate hymen in which the opening is too small for penetration whether by tampons, fingers, sex toys or an erect penis. A simple surgery needs to be conducted in such a case where parts of the hymen are snipped away.
- There is a growth in hymenoplasty, also known as hymen reconstruction surgery, in the past few years because hymen is viewed as an indicator of virginity and there have been cases of annulment, public humiliation, torture and even death because they believe that the hymen is not intact due to sexual activity; therefore making hymenoplasty an effective solution.
- Although, not an indicator of the amount of sexual activities performed, one must seek immediate medical attention after being sexually assaulted because it can be examined to prove sexual abuse. (Learn more about Sexual Activity Affects Vaginal Health). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I have some white bumps in my penis and I also check hiv and vdrl is negative and I feel pain at the time of urination and toilet. Nd my pain is increase What can I do and some other checkup is required std or other thing?
Previous month my period was not clear means less bleeding and this time period is late and there is also blood clots . Is there any problem.
I recently had my periods for five days and on the fifth day I took an I pill and my periods started once again and its the second week of my periods. Are these periods of mine after taking an I pill normal. Will I get pregnant. What is the reason of this. Is there anyway from which I can stop it for now because I am much in pain.
Hi, am 25 and want to know about hymenoplasty. Is this facility available at your clinic, if yes then what could be the associated risk and estimated cost for this. Thanks in advance.
I'm Married in December 2016 till now I don't have any health problem my husband also not having any health problems so what medicine should I take to get pregnancy nd my dream is to get twins please suggest me mam I'm thankful to you.
If there is sex between my wife and another sex between us after 30 to 40 min but it is unsafe this time. Is there chances of get pregnant because of sperm on my penis which is remain after first time sex and second time there is no ejaculation. How long sperm can live in open atmosphere. Please tell me about this.
I am 25 years old. Me and my fiancee made love with each other two months back i. E. On 17 feb and two days later I had my periods, which was on time. The next month it occurred on 18 march and 15 on this month. I normally have a cycle of 28 days which last for 4-5 days but since last 2 months, the flow on the first 2 days were as usual heavy. But on 3rd day it was light and ended up. I even tried test kit last month but it was negative. I am concerned why this is happening. Is there anything serious?
I use to have this menstrual pblm back 4 years & I consulted doctor she gave me medicine it worked well & I was happy for it & now again started. The cycle did not stop now it was 11th day.
Hi, my periods came in 20th april, and again in may 13th, and again in june 13th, what are my fertility days and ovulation day, my period lasts for 5dys.
High blood pressure is a condition which occurs when the pressure of the blood flow through the arteries increases, resulting in intense pressure. Hypertension occurs when the systolic pressure (pressure at which the heart pumps blood) and the diastolic pressure (pressure at which the heart relaxes) is more than 140 and 90 respectively.
Symptoms of high blood pressure are:
- Shortness of breath: If you have high blood pressure, then you may experience regular shortness of breath.
- Headaches: You may experience headaches on a regular basis.
- Weakness of the heart muscles: Hypertension results in a weak heart which may not be able to pump blood properly.
- Narrowing of blood vessels: Narrowing of blood vessels may lead to other complications such as failure of the kidneys, heart, and brain.
- Vision problems: It may lead to vision problems as blood vessels in the eye may be affected.
The various causes of blood pressure are:
- Tobacco: If you smoke on a regular basis, you put yourself at an increased risk of getting affected by blood pressure.
- Lifestyle: Not exercising regularly, eating a sodium-rich diet are all factors which can increase the chances of hypertension.
- Age: The chances of getting affected by hypertension increase as you age.
- Weight: Being excessively obese also increases your risk of getting affected by hypertension.
- Diabetes: Being diabetic makes you more prone to getting affected by diabetes.
- Hyperthyroidism: If you have an overactive thyroid gland, then it may result in hypertension.
Hypertension may result in various health complications in the body such as:
- Aneurysm: This is a disorder of the blood vessels which causes the blood vessels to bulge and weaken.
- Heart attack: High blood pressure causes the arteries to harden and thicken which may lead to a heart attack.
- Metabolic syndrome: This syndrome refers to a group of complications such as high bad cholesterol levels and insulin levels in the body.
- Impaired brain functioning: It may also impair your ability to learn and impact your cognitive skills.
It is not clear how exactly stress impacts fertility. It is not known whether high levels of stress can prevent pregnancy or affect a woman's chance of conceiving. We do know that reducing stress provides a better quality of life during times of intense personal challenge.
What is stress?
Stress is often defined as an event that a person sees/ feels is threatening. In order to protect itself, the body responds with a fight or flight response. How can stress impact a fertility patient? sometimes, infertility patients respond to the stress of being unable to conceive by aggressively pursuing treatment and procedures. Other patients withdraw and isolate from family, friends, and community. Neither of these extremes is ideal for patients who seek to treat their infertility and build a family.
How can I reduce my stress?
Having less stress in your life while pursuing fertility treatment may not, in and of itself, result in a pregnancy. However, developing better coping strategies to manage stress related to an infertility diagnosis and treatment can help you feel more in control and improve your overall well-being.
It has been shown that stress does interfere with making rational and well-thought-out decisions. Reducing stress can allow patients to research, explore, and consider all the options available with a clearer mindset. By reducing stress, the pros and cons of one treatment course over another can be more effectively weighed and considered.
Reduced stress is good for your health. While no one expects patients to approach fertility treatment stress free, finding ways to minimize stress while pursuing treatment can help. It is helpful for patients to look for ways to reduce the burden of infertility treatments and medical protocols.
There are many stress-reducing techniques; some of the more popular methods recommended to fertility patients are:
aerobic exercise (may be reduced during treatment)
collaboration with experts in stress reduction
listening to music
progressive muscle relaxation
psychotherapy and cognitive behavioral therapy
How can I help my friend/loved one?
Friends and loved ones are facing a challenge. Telling patients to be less stressed can make them feel more responsible for causing their own infertility and feel blamed. Telling someone to relax can cause greater stress. However, asking how couples/friends are doing and suggesting concrete and pragmatic ways to reduce stress will enhance quality of life and give the patient back some sense of control. For many struggling with infertility, just having friends/loved ones available for listening is greatly appreciated.
The goal of stress reduction is to minimize, not eliminate stress, by finding the technique that serves the patient's needs the best.
Dr. Sharmila majumdarsexologist
Men are known to be alexthymics where they prefer bottling up their feelings and not seeking family or social help.
Sex differences in mortality and admissions to hospital emergency departments have been well documented. These studies confirm that males are more at risk than females. Males are more likely to be admitted to an emergency department after accidental injuries, more likely to be admitted with a sporting injury, and more likely to be in a road traffic collision with a higher mortality rate.
Some of these differences may be attributable to cultural and socioeconomic factors: males may be more likely to engage in contact and high risk sports, and males may be more likely to be employed in higher risk occupations. However, sex differences in risk seeking behaviour have been reported from an early age, raising questions about the extent to which these behaviours can be attributed purely to social and cultural differences. However, there is a class of risk the idiotic risk that is qualitatively different from those associated with, say, contact sports or adventure pursuits such as parachuting. Idiotic risks are defined as senseless risks, where the apparent payoff is negligible or non-existent, and the outcome is often extremely negative and often final.
Men and help seeking behaviors - there is a growing body of research to suggest that men are less likely than women to seek help from health professionals for problems as diverse as depression, substance abuse, physical disabilities and stressful life events. The investigation of men's health-related help seeking behaviour has great potential for improving both men and women's lives and reducing national health costs through the development of responsive and effective interventions.
Studies comparing men and women are inadequate in explaining the processes involved in men's help seeking behaviour. However, the growing body of gender-specific studies highlights a trend of delayed help seeking when they become ill. A prominent theme among middle class men implicates traditional masculine behaviour as an explanation for delays in seeking help among men who experience illness. The reasons and processes behind this issue, however, have received limited attention. Conclusions. Principally, the role of masculine beliefs and the similarities and differences between men of differing background requires further attention, particularly given the health inequalities that exist between men of differing socio-economic status and ethnicity.
Gender differences in social behavior what are the causes of sex differences and similarities in behavior? some causes can be traced to human evolutionary history, especially the ways that the division of labor is influenced by biology and environments. A human universal--in all known societies--is a division of tasks so that men do some things in society and women do others. The specific activities in a society depend on what tasks can be performed most efficiently by each sex, given men's greater size, strength, and speed and women's bearing and nursing children. The division of labor structures psychological sex differences and similarities. By observing the activities of women and men in their society, people form gender role beliefs. For example, given that women perform more childcare than men in most industrialized societies, women are believed to be especially nurturant and caring. Given that men are more likely than women to hold higher status jobs in industrialized societies, men are believed to be especially dominant and assertive. Gender roles then influence behavior through social and biological processes. In social interaction, people respond more favorably to others who conform to gender role. Women and men also might incorporate gender roles into their own personal identities
Additionally, hormonal processes support role performance (e. G, testosterone increases in women and men before athletic competitions; through the research below, we have shown how social roles account for sex differences in group emotional experience and group performance recent research, we explain how women's roles influence menstrual cycles in society along with women's mate preferences. Further more the hormone estrogen protects the women's heart and adds longevity to their lives.
Homeopathy deals with the cause of the disease so that no further recurrence occurs. Treatment in surgery is related to complications like blood clot formation, infections, injury to the scrotal tissue or structures.
Homoeopathy can also be given in cases where there are complications due to surgery like post operative infections, fibrosis and pain in scrotal area.
Homeopathy offers the natural way for the treatment of hydrocele. The treatment works wonderfully in various diseases. In homeopathy case taking is the most important part which reveals cause of the disease and accordingly medicine is prescribed. The remedies act wonderfully if prescribed correctly.
The medicines help in reducing pain if present.
Remedies help in absorption of fluid.
The treatment help in healing if the underlying cause is injury.
Medicines help in reducing swelling.
There are 56 medicines which give great relief. However, the correct choice and the resulting relief is a matter of experience and right judgment on the part of the doctor. The treatment is decided after thorough case taking of the patient.
For online treatment, you may follow the following steps by clicking on consult option