Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Nargis Rajebal Pethani

Gynaecologist, Mumbai

Dr. Nargis Rajebal Pethani Gynaecologist, Mumbai
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

Our team includes experienced and caring professionals who share the belief that our care should be comprehensive and courteous - responding fully to your individual needs and preferences....more
Our team includes experienced and caring professionals who share the belief that our care should be comprehensive and courteous - responding fully to your individual needs and preferences.
More about Dr. Nargis Rajebal Pethani
Dr. Nargis Rajebal Pethani is a popular Gynaecologist in Mumbai, Mumbai. She is currently associated with Pethani Clinic in Mumbai, Mumbai. Save your time and book an appointment online with Dr. Nargis Rajebal Pethani on

Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Pethani Clinic

J J Road, Opposite Goodluck Motor Training School, Byculla, MumbaiMumbai Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Nargis Rajebal Pethani

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

My wife is pregnant from 3 months. We were up for urine infection test of my wife. In urine test report. .albumin 150 mg / dl & puss cells 5-8 / hpf > 5 .Is there any kind of danger for my wife n for my baby.Please tell sir .

MBBS, MS - Obstetrics & Gynecology, Fellowship in Infertility (IVF Specialist)
Gynaecologist, Aurangabad
hi lybrate user, urine routine microscopy shows pretence of infection. which is dangerous may lead to abortion if not treated properly and timely. please get a urine culture done before starting antibiotics. drink lots of water. As urine albumin is on the higher side get examination by Gynaecologist check your BP, do kidney function test. Wish you all the best.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 7 weeks pregnant and spotted little bit, my doc suggested to take mix 250 mg capsule thrice a day for 5 days. Is it safe in pregnancy? For what purpose this tablet is used and will it harm to fetus by any chance. Pls suggest. Thanks.

MBBS, MS - Obstetrics and Gynaecology, DNB (Obstetrics and Gynecology)
Gynaecologist, Bangalore
Dear lybrate-user The spotting you experienced might be an implantation bleeding (some bleeding is seen when the baby is getting attached completely to your uterus). The medicine helps in controlling the bleeding. It is safe in pregnancy.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi, is there any way to delay periods naturally. Usually I used to take primolut N tab to delay periods. But many people said it's not safe to use that tablet, as we are planning for kids. My periods are always irregular. I don't know whether the periods come in next 5 days. But for next 5 days. We are planning to go to Tirumala.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Kottayam
sorry Hema naturally periods are not to be postponed not such natural product to disturb naturality
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 28 year female. Recently I got detected with slight increase in tsh, so as per doctor advice I am using thyronorm 25mg dose. I am trying to conceive but I am not able to and I am unable to control my weight also. Please guide me.

CCP, MBA, Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Karnal
If you start thyronorm now perhaps you would never be able to stop it! you need treatment to control your metabolism. Go for vaman karma (therapeutic vomiting) at a panchakarma centre near u. That will reduce some weight & will bring tsh down. After that consult me for medication & conception guidance.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I always get my periods on time every month, but this month I did not have it yet. Its past my date. Is it just late or is there some other problem?

DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Homeopath, Ludhiana
Sometimes it happens due to stress /hormonal problems/medicines if you dont had any sexual contact in last 15 dayss.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 25years old female. I haven't got my periods for quite sometimes. But my periods are irregular. From past one week I am getting blood spots in my vagina. I also did a pregnancy test twice. It came negative. Please give me an advice on what should I do next?

Homeopath, Faridabad
You should take pulsatilla 200, 5 drops, morning empty stomach for 3 days only. If you get the periods then it is fine and if not then go for ultrasound abdomen pelvis. Revert with the feedback.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 25 years old. Every month when menses comes. Its ache my stomach. Some time its unbearable. Some time I do vomiting in periods. When I have done with vomit. My pain is totally vanish. Please provide me some solution for get rid of this abdomen pain in period.

MD - Alternate Medicine, PGDIP.IN GERIATRIC CARE, Post Graduate Diploma in Holistic Healthcare
Ayurveda, Balasore
Hello lybrate-user, you are suffering from dysmenorrhoea. Due to congestive abdominal pain and nausea or vomiting tendency seen. When intoxicated gas will be eliminated you feel well. So avoid further, you take some cycle clear medicines.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Can you tell me medicine to delay my periods for 2-3 days but without any side effects. And from when I should take it. Period cycle is 29-30 days. Patient is a mother and younger baby is 1 year old.

General Physician, Mumbai
If the lady is feeding her baby than medicine should not be given and otherwise can take tablet ovralL after clinical examination.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

SLE, Fellowship In Diabetology, Diploma In Psychology Mental Health And Illness, PLAB (MANCHESTOR, UK), FAGE, MBBS
General Physician, Bangalore
What are conversion disorders?

As I have been getting a lot of questions of pain in hands/legs, headaches, irritation/pain in eyes and other with motor or sensory symptoms without any conventional medical tests showing any abnormality, I have presented below a brief description of conversion disorders.

A conversion disorder causes patients to suffer from neurological symptoms, such as numbness, blindness, paralysis, or fits without a definable organic cause. It is thought that symptoms arise in response to stressful situations affecting a patient's mental health.


Some of the most typical symptoms include blindness, partial or total paralysis, inability to speak, deafness, numbness, sores, difficulty swallowing, incontinence, balance problems, seizures, tremors, and difficulty walking

Impaired vision (hysterical blindness), double vision, impaired hearing (deafness) and loss or disturbance of touch or pain sensation


Symptoms arise through the power of suggestion, acting on a personality vulnerable to dissociation especially due to enforced replacement. In this hypothetical process, the subject's experience of their leg, for example, is split-off from the rest of their consciousness, resulting in paralysis or numbness in that leg which may re surface later.


The exclusion of neurological disease, the exclusion of feigning, and the determination of a psychological mechanism which is associated with stressors and conflicts.


Occupational therapy
Treatment of comorbid depression or anxiety if present.
Physical rehabilitation
Replacement of lost abilities suitably due to transference or loss of abilities

If you have any further queries please feel free to ask me a private question.
169 people found this helpful

Hello, I am 25 years old. I do not get my periods regular. Sometimes I get it after two months. My normal menstruation cycle is 45-50 days. My last date was 7 sep. Still I did not get my periods. Having cramps sometime. Tell me what should I do.

MD - Homeopathy, BHMS
Homeopath, Gurgaon
First of all you need diagnosis of the underlying problem. Symptoms are indicative of PCOS. Thus either we have to rule out PCOS or have to cure it. If you have faith in Homeopathy following medication will help you: Sabal Ser Q 20 drops twice daily in some water Pulsatilla Q 2 drops thrice daily in some water Viburnum Opulus Q 2 drops thrice daily in some water Also from Ayurveda you can use Sudh Guggul tablets 2 tab twice a day with cow milk under supervision of homeopathic consultant only.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback


Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Sexologist, Delhi
Try to take these foods in your routine life
Pomegranate juice
Carrot juice
Red meat
Milk & yogurt.
465 people found this helpful

Sir/Mam I am 31 years old married man, we are trying to be parent from last 5 years and already taken treatment from many qualified doctors. Sir our all reports are ok as discussed with all doctors but still result nothing. All test of mine and my wife are cleared ok. One last doctor suggested IUI but result nothing after two time IUI. Sir/Mam Please advise us what we can do now. 1. Can we take Ayurveda treatment 2. Can we take IVF treatment 3. Wait for time when god will happy 4. Visit another doctor Thanks.

MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology, MBBS
Gynaecologist, Kolkata
You have unexplained infertility. Up to 20% couples face this problem. When no cause is found, it is most likely to be due to lower quality of the eggs or due to problem of implantation due to poor quality of embryo. These problems are seen only when IVF is being tried. They cannot be detected by routine tests. The best option seems to be IVF, even though it may be the costliest.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Did sex on 26th may, it was unprotected and he ejaculate outside, we used withdrawal method. But for safety I took pill with in 5 hrs. And then I got periods on 2nd June and it was a normal period lasted for 5 days but I missed my periods in July and I am not even getting my periods this month. I've done pregnancy test thrice but it showed negative every time. What should I do? Am I pregnant? Or there is some other reason? Do I need to take some medicine?

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Greater Noida
Lybrate-user, many a times, periods delay is due to hormonal dis balance, if pregnancy test is negative. Best pregnancy test results are shown after 4/6 weeks only. Result also depends - how you do test? go to local medical shop, buy" prega" preg color test" use first urine of morning time" and check color change. Result can confirm your pregnancy. Primarily looks like you are not pregnant. Regards,
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Does oral sex without any kind of protection consist any disease? Does licking private parts during foreplay also consist any side effects?

fellow in Obstetric Medicine , MS - Obstetrics and Gynaecology, FMAS, DMAS, MBBS
Gynaecologist, Hyderabad
Hello, It usually does not cause problems unless you both are carrying infection of any sort in which case you could pass it on to each other..!
Submit FeedbackFeedback

M on birthcontrol pills.(loette) n had sex with my partner today. Bt he did not ejaculate inside me. Can I still become pregnant. Pls help.

MBBS, MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology, FMAS, DMAS
Gynaecologist, Noida
Hello, if you have been taking your birth control pills regularly from day 2 of your cycle then you are pregnancy safe as you wouldn't have ovulated during this cycle at all.
44 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water is said to be good for health. When I drink one glass of water my stomach feels bloated and also sometimes feels like vomiting. Please suggest me how much water should I drink a day and also at what interval. Please rply soon.

Ph.D - Ayurveda, FFAM-Post Graduate Fellowship, MD - Ayurveda
Ayurveda, Delhi
In a day 2.5 to 3 liter water is sufficient, take in sips if feeling nausea or vomiting, may have interval of one hour or more.
1331 people found this helpful

she gets vaginal pain when she gets aroused. Normally the pain doesn't occur but when we are intimate she gets vaginal pain.

PGFCP, PGDEMS, Bachelor Of Ayurvedic Medicine And Surgery
Ayurveda, Satara
DEAR Lybrate USER. You have to follow some basic things so that you get better results in a short period of time. …. 1) take solid diet two times in a day and liquid diet two times in a day …2) drink only 100-150 ml of lukewarm water during meals …. 3) don’t drink water before meal for one hour and one hour after meal…4) avoid oily, spicy, junk, fermented and stale foods…. 5) avoid late night sleeping habits …6) avoid coffee and tea…. A) take 30ml of triphala juice and 10 ml of honey early in the morning on empty stomach and at night before sleep. B) place cotton ball soaked with BADAM TAILA in vagina during day time daily and remove it at night. Do all things for 30 days. This is very effective. Consult to me for further suggestion. THANKS.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed