Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nargis Rajebal PethaniYour feedback matters!
I have done unprotected sex with my gf on 28/10/16 just after her periods ended and gave her unwanted 72 pill but now after one week she is having small amount of regular bleeding. Three days have been passed but the bleeding is still going on. I do not want her to be pregnant.
Hi doctor I have pcod now became 1 year so I took medicines for egg growing but not grow egg 4 months over simply I wasted money and month now totally 1 year 6 months over for trying for 2nd baby now I feel disappointed please tell me any medicines for egg growing I don't have ovarian cyst Age 24 Weight 63 kg Height 5.3 Please tell me waiting for your answer.
Here are some tips to help you reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes.
Check your risk of diabetes. Take the life! risk assessment test and learn more about your risk of developing type 2 diabetes. A 12+ score indicates that you are at high risk and may be eligible for the life! program - a free victorian lifestyle modification program that helps you reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Manage your weight. Excess body fat, particularly if stored around the abdomen, can increase the body’s resistance to the hormone insulin. This can lead to type 2 diabetes.
Exercise regularly. Moderate physical activity on most days of the week helps manage weight, reduce blood glucose levels and may also improve blood pressure and cholesterol.
Eat a balanced, healthy diet. Reduce the amount of fat in your diet, especially saturated and trans fats. Eat more fruit, vegetables and high-fibre foods. Cut back on salt.
Limit takeaway and processed foods. convenience meals are usually high in salt, fat and kilojoules. It's best to cook for yourself using fresh ingredients whenever possible.
Limit your alcohol intake. Too much alcohol can lead to weight gain and may increase your blood pressure and triglyceride levels. Men should have no more than two standard drinks a day and women should have no more than one.
Quit smoking. Smokers are twice as likely to develop diabetes as non-smokers.
Control your blood pressure. Most people can do this with regular exercise, a balanced diet and by keeping a healthy weight. In some cases, you might need medication prescribed by your doctor.
Reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease. Diabetes and cardiovascular disease have many risk factors in common, including obesity and physical inactivity.
See your doctor for regular check-ups. As you get older, it's a good idea to regularly check your blood glucose, blood pressure and blood cholesterol levels.
I had sex wid my wife aftr stop hér menses. I ejaculate outside vagina. After 2 or3 days she starts little blood discharge when urinate. After 4 days blood discharge stop n itching n burning strt. Now she have white discharge and bodyace and fever. She is pregnant?
I am 25 yrs old n I have irregular periods the derivation is 2 to 3 month can you suggest me what to do.
My Wife is having started period on 16 Feb.2015 and end on 19/20Feb.2015. During the month we enjoyed sex. My wife is waiting for periods from 18Th Mar.2015. But it not came. Please suggest any medicine if Pregnancy is there.
Which type of fruits and vegetables to be eaten by the pregnant lady. And the pregnancy age is 4 months.
I gained weight on pregnancy and cesarean, now my last child is 5 years old But still I do not loose weight. I am 4.10 feet weight 57 kg. I take Sarpagandha Vati once in the morning for BP. I do not feel hungry frequently I take food after a gap of 4 hours and can not even eat more than a half plate however yet I'm gaining weight inspite of doing alternate days workout for half hour and wow Green Coffee beans yet not effective I even tried No fat capsules .I sometimes feels heavy and tired. thyroid TSH 0.6 taking Kelp when it was 5.11 previously. Please help me what is the problem of gaining weight in spite of not over eating nor large quantity. And why is so hard to burn my fats.
In Ayurveda Cervical spondylosis is discussed as “GRIVA SANDHIGATA VATA”.
Cervcical spondylosis the most common disorder of the cervical spine.
Cervical spondylosis is a term used for age related wear and tear affecting the bones (vertebrae),joints and discs of the neck (cervical spine),usually occurs in men and women older than 40 and progresses with age,men usually develop it in earlier age than women.With the increase of age discs gradually breakdown and become stiffer as a result of which body reacts and develops bony growths (osteophytes) these osteophytes put pressure on the on the spinal nerve roots or spinal cord resulting in pain.
CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS-AYURVEDIC CONCEPT
According to Ayurveda the Vata, the principle of movement is the predominant function with the skeleto-muscular system and the nervous system. Problems relating to these systems are predominantly caused by vitiated Vata. The vitiation of vata is caused by two mechanisms. One of them is obstruction to vata due to malfunctioning of kapha and pitta. The other one is increase of vata independently (the degenerative problems). The sacrum is situated in the Vata area of the body and this disease is caused by aggravated Vata and ama (toxins), which cause stiffness and reduce mobility in this area. Treatment involves detoxification and elimination of ama and also a Vata pacifying diet, lifestyle and herbal preparations.
1.Basic cause of cervical spondylosis is age related wear and tear.
2.Most of the people show age related wear and tear in the age of thirty as evidenced by x-rays but symptoms does not appear until later ages of life.
3.Drying and loss of elasticity in the spinal and cervical disks
4.Bulging and sometimes herniation of disks so that disk material protrudes from between two vertebrae
5.Stiffening of the ligaments connecting neck bones and muscles
Cervical spondylosis is caused by chronic degeneration of the cervical spine, the cushions between the neck vertebrae, and joints between the bones of the cervical spine. A previous neck injury can predispose to a person to cervical spondylosis.
The signs and symptoms of cervical spondylosis are:
- A stiff, painful neck
- Shoulder, arm or chest pain
- Tingling and pinprick sensations in the arms, hands, legs or feet
- Numbness and weakness in the arms, hands, legs or feet
- Lack of coordination
- Difficulty walking
- Abnormal reflexes
- Loss of bladder or bowel control, or urinary or bowel retention
INVESTIGATION AND DIAGNOSIS
Your symptoms and history, along with an examination, may suggest that you have cervical spondylosis. You may also have imaging tests. The workup may include:
Neck flexibility assessment.
. Cervical spondylosis limits the range of motion in your neck. To observe this effect, your doctor may have you tilt your head toward each of your shoulders and rotate your neck from side to side.
To find out if there’s pressure on your spinal nerves or spinal cord, your doctor will test your reflexes and make sure you have sensation all along your arms and legs. He or she may watch you walk to see if spinal compression is affecting your gait.
Neck or spinal X-ray.
An X-ray may show abnormalities, such as bone spurs, that indicate cervical spondylosis.
Computerized tomography (CT) scan or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
These tests may help your doctor determine the extent of damage to your cervical spine.
Home Remedies For Cervical Spondylitis
- Use Cow’s ghee in your food. It is a best natural “Vata” reliever and gives nourishment to the nerves and other body parts.
- 1 tablespoonful of Turmeric should be consumed once every day, after boiling it in milk for half an hour. It is a very useful herbal treatment for cervical spondylitis.
- Constipation must be avoided at all costs. Constipation may increase pain in Cervical Spondylitis.
- Herbs have divine healing powers and they have the ability to cure any disease from the root. They were gifted to us by God when he created life. So believe in God if you want to get rid of your problems!
- Ayurvedic herbs are unique natural remedies for Cervical Spondylitis. Ayurvedic principles are different in many ways from modern medicine for example - Drinking water from a copper pan after keeping it overnight is also very useful in Rheumatoid arthritis and Cervical Spondylitis.
- Consuming castor oil at night with milk or alone is a very useful herbal remedy for arthritis, especially rheumatoid arthritis and Cervical Spondylitis.
- Improve your nutrition as the first step.It plays an important role to fight diseases. When nothing works, nutrition works a lot!
- Use herbal juices like Aloe vera juice (Kumari Saar) and Amla Juice ( Amla Saar) in routine. Amla is the richest source of natural Vitamin C. Vitamin C improves the natural immunity of the body. 100 gm of Amla juice contains 30 times more vitamin C than 100 gm of oranges.
DIET AND LIFESTYLE
Diet Sour things particularly curd, are strictly prohibited. Fried things, pulses and various preparations of pulses are also contra- indicated in this condition. Bitter vegetables like bitter variety of drumstick, neem flowers, and bitter gourd are very useful. Wheat is better than rice for the patient.
- Exposure to cold , cold bath and any violent exercise of the neck muscles, including pressure, are very bad for the patients. Under the impression that this pain is being caused by some defects in the muscles, people undertake different types of neck exercises.
- While reading and writing, one should maintain a comfortable posture.
- Morning walk gives some relief to the patient, but if it is cold outside the patient should always use a woollen scarf around his neck while going out of the house.
SELF CARE TIPS
- For mild neck pain or stiffness:
- Take a long, hot shower every day
- Wear a cervical collar (which you can buy in a drugstore) during the day