Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Nareshkumar BiyaniYour feedback matters!
I have a seizures I am taking daily eption 100 mg tab twice a day but I have to Wake up early morning for my job.
I can wake up late till night but getting up early leads to migraine problem. I cannot sleep very early cos of work. What should I do?
The neurones in the brain are constantly reorganising their connections both functionally and physically according to the environment, your thinking and behaviour. This ability is known as neuroplasticity. Through neuroplasticity the nerve cells of brain can compensate for injury to some parts of the brain and enable a person to recover from stroke, birth abnormalities. It is also beneficial in treating autism, ADD, learning disabilities and helps manage obsessive compulsive disorders.
Here are seven things you should know about neuroplasticity.
- Change depends on the attentiveness of the brain: Neuroplasticity changes can only happen if the brain is alert and active. When the brain is active it releases neurochemicals that are necessary for the neurone connections to change. If a person is distracted to inattentive, these changes cannot happen.
- The more the effort; the bigger the change: Neuroplasticity changes depend on how motivated the person is to change or learn new tasks. For this reason, when it comes to using neuroplasticity for physiotherapy, it is essential to first deal with any depression or anxiety issues the patient might be having before attempting to rehabilitate them.
- It helps strengthen neural connections: Repetition of actions is one of the key elements of neuroplasticity in physiotherapy. Through this, the strength of neurone connections is strengthened to include sensory information, movement and cognitive patterns.
- It improves cell to cell connections: This is crucial to a patient’s rehabilitation as it increases reliability and makes a person more independent. In turn, this makes behaviour patterns more reliable.
- It helps predict actions: A task can usually be broken down into a series of smaller tasks. For example, feeding oneself can be broken down into steps that begin with lifting a spoon and filling it with food to finally putting the spoon into your mouth. Hence, along with completing an action, the brain must also know what to do next. Neuroplasticity helps improve this associative flow and allows the brain to predict the next step.
- Changes can be temporary or permanent: Initial changes due to neuroplasticity are temporary ad only if the brain determines the experience to be desired is this change made permanent. This is why when treating mobility issues, patients are not always able to repeat tasks in the same way.
- Memory guides the learning: When making new neural connections through neuroplasticity, the brain is taught to discard unsuccessful attempts and only remember the experience of the successful attempts. From here, adjustments are made to improve the connection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurosurgeon.
Hello doctor,i have a long medical history. I used to have headache all the time of the day so i started taking pain killers and then after few months thet became ineffective. Also I gained a lot of weight abruptly inspite of proper diet. Dan i saw a neurologist he prescribed me with topiramate for migraine. It has also become ineffective. N now i experience heat flashes, insomnia, depression, n inability to lose weight. Also i experience low blood pressure and kind of swelling or water retention all over the body.What is the possible cause for all this.Is there any hormonal problem or something else as I have gone through the thyroid test and it came normal.Please suggest wat tests should i get done?
In today’s stressful environment, more and more people are being diagnosed with psychological disorders such as insomnia and depression. Neither of the two are things which people feel lucky to possess. However, it is interesting to note that there is a link between the two conditions. Also, the problems are a lot more common than a person is likely to first think; 80% of depressed people suffer from chronic insomnia!
For a long time until recently, many people were of the opinion that most depressed people were insomniac. But that is not really correct. The two issues do overlap to a large extent, but they are different from each other. Again, that does not mean one cannot affect the other.
When a person has depression, one of the main things that he or she can experience is a lack of pleasure from the activities and happenings which occur in his or her daily life. Similarly, when a person does not get enough sleep or even just cannot sleep, he or she is quite likely to display a tendency to worry. Often, worrying sets the stage for depression to develop in the person. In fact, doctors have observed that people who do not sleep enough are more likely to undergo treatment for depression than the others.
Recent findings have concluded that when a person sleeps better, the case of depression also shows an uptick. In addition to this, the habit of sleeping well can also go quite a long way to make sure that a person does not relapse into depression. According to some sleep therapies, people who suffer from lack of sleep are advised to follow a systematic routine of getting to bed and getting out of bed. Activities including reading in bed or watching TV after going to bed must be avoided. While there are various means to help a person sleep better, the choice as to which one would suit a person in the best possible way is only best decided by the person’s personal doctor. What is for sure is the fact that a person can effectively sleep to a better life!
So, it can be said that if a person wants to cure his/her depression and enjoy life being peppy, napping away is not such a bad idea after all. Having said that, everything is good only up to a certain limit! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
Can anyone please suggest me what could be the possible reason for burning sensation and vibrations in legs? Even normal, uric acid normal, no slip disc, hlab 27 negative, anti gad negative, anti vgkc negative, haemoglobin normal, sugar level normal? Please help me? Is there any possibility of heart blockage?
My brother aged 56 years suffering problem on spine and numbness on hands/legs unable to erect his penis resulting his counter part`s cursing everyday. Please advice.
Respected sir, Since last five years I am under a treatment of a Neuropathy Psychiatrist. But I am now feeling well. But sir when I leave the Medicine problem is coming 2 to 3 weeks. Please sir kindly Advice me How can I leave from this Medicine.
Brain surgery involves several medical procedures, which incorporate fixing issues with the brain, including changes in the tissues of the brain, cerebrospinal fluid and brain blood flow. Brain surgery is quite a complicated method of surgery and the type of surgery to be conducted depends on the underlying conditions.
Reasons for Brain Surgery:
Brain surgery is performed for the correction of physical brain abnormalities. These abnormalities could occur because of diseases, birth defects and injuries. A brain surgery is required when the following conditions arise in the brain:
- Abnormal blood vessels
- Blood clots in the brain
- When the protective tissue or dura is damaged
- Due to nerve damage
- Parkinson's disease
- Any kind of pressure after an injury
- Skull fractures
- In case of stroke and tumors
A surgery may not be required for all the above mentioned conditions, but in case of many, a brain surgery is very important as the conditions may worsen health problems.
Types of brain surgeries:
- Craniotomy: During this open brain surgery, an incision is made in the scalp, and a hole is created in the skull, near the area, which is being treated. After this process is complete, the hole or bone flap is secured in its place using plates or wires.
- Biopsy: This form of brain surgery helps in the removal of a small amount of brain tissues or tumors. After removal, the tissues or tumors are examined under a microscope. The creation of a small incision and a hole in the skull is indicated as a part of this process.
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery: This form of brain surgery enables the removal or lesions and tumors via the nose and sinuses. Private parts of the brain can be accessed without creating an incision. An endoscope is utilized in the process which is used to examine tumors all across the brain.
- Minimally Invasive neuroendoscopy: This process is similar to the minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery. This method also involves the use of an endoscope for removal of brain tumors. Small, dime sized holes may be made in the skull to access some brain parts.
Brain surgeries may be associated with several risks. They may be:
- Allergic reactions to anesthesia
- Blood clot formations
- Swelling of the brain
- A state of coma
- Impairment in speech, coordination and vision.
- Problems in memory
- Strokes and seizures
- Infections in the brain
Brain surgeries are now much safer with advancements in medical science. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
Hi Doctor, I am 30 years old. During my age of 8 I got high brain fever and fits. After that fever I had symptoms like eye rotation. Then I had consult with neuro specialist and had medicine for 5 yrs. But now before 5 years I had the same issue and I have consult with neuro specialist. Now I like to change to homeopathy treatment to get permanent relieve.
I' ve been experiencing pins and needles radiating from nape of my neck to left finger. Especially to my left index finger. It' s quite uneasy feeling which makes me to wake up middle of the night. I' m also having burning sensation on the neck region. Pls guide me
My father is having 6 number brain metabasis and other at lungs also which is in advance stage as per pet ct report. What should I do?
Dear Sir, I am working as script writer in News Media. I have similar problems like Paralysis. And suddenly I am unable to walk. My left leg and Left hand not work properly. I Feel like heavyweight. And also facing Headache and visionary problem at the same time. I need to take some once help to go to toilet also when it came. I am facing this problem since 10 days. And CT Scan, NCS, BP, Sugar, Blood tests are normal. I went to Orthopaedic immediately. But he referred to Neuro physician. Please tell me what it is?
I am suffering from sleep apnea and sleep disorder. Doctor has given me suggestion to operate. Details of surgical operations are as follows: Septoplasty + Turbinoplasty+ Laser UPPP (Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty) + Laser Tonsillectomy Please advice the adverse way of this operations and future probability of cureness.
Doctor, From last 5 years or near about I have been suffering from multiple diseases. I don't know what happened but body till now is full of diseases like ringing in ear, swollen eyes from inside, stomach problem always, and hands, legs and each part seems like sunnpan. Contacted many doctors, had many tests but results are always positive. Twitching is there all over the body. I want to live did life doctor but how I can be free from these diseases is a problem. Please if you could help me. I will suicide in a year or so. if problems be like this always.
My aunty is taking homeopathic treatment for migraine, and insomnia can she eat raw onion and garlic along with. Homeopathic treatment please guide me.
My penile nerve damaged. Don't send brain to penile sensation. And.activity. Its not erected. And. Do not send brain to penile action. Penile its numbness unsansuable. Fully.loose. Last 8 month. Penile arterial insufficient blood flow. please suggest me. Well treatment. Plz.
STROKE- Popularly known as "Brain Attack". It occurs due to sudden impairment of blood supply to a part of brain leading to acute neurological insult.
Stroke is an emergency. Know the signs of a stroke and Remember FAST.
F- Face Drooping - Ask the person to smile. See for any deviation/asymmetry of mouth. If YES..
A - Arm Weakness Ask the person to raise both arms. Does one arm drift downward? If YES..
S- Speech Difficulty Ask the person to speak, look for any slurring of speech. If YES..
T- Time is money , Call Ambulance/Rush to the hospital.
Other signs/ symptoms -
Sudden onset of numbness or weakness of the leg / arm.
Sudden confusion/ trouble seeing in one or both eyes, trouble walking, Chakker, loss of balance, severe headache / Loss of speech.
Be Aware, This can be STROKE.
Act FAST, Save LIFE and disability. Up to 80% of strokes are preventable