Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Nareshkumar BiyaniYour feedback matters!
Insomnia is a mental condition, which is characterized by a difficulty in falling asleep, even when you have the chance to do so. The causes of insomnia include stress, emotional or physical discomfort; environmental factors like noise, light or extreme temperature that interferes with sleep; and depression or anxiety.
The visible symptoms of insomnia are inability to fall asleep no matter what, irritability, depression, lack of concentration and enthusiasm, and distressed stomach and intestine. Complications associated with insomnia can cause psychiatric problems, obesity, increased risk of long-term diseases or conditions like high blood pressure, heart disease and diabetes.
Insomnia can be classified in the following ways -
- Secondary insomnia: It stands for sleep problems that may be caused by health conditions, medications, pain or any other causes.
- Acute insomnia: It is also known as short-term insomnia and usually lasts for a night or a few weeks.
- Primary insomnia: It refers to sleep problems which aren't directly related with any health condition.
- Chronic insomnia: Insomnia is described as long-term or chronic if you suffer from it for about 3 nights a week for 1 month or longer.
Homeopathy is a boon towards treating insomnia.
- Efficiency: The efficiency of homeopathic medicines in curing the several problems associated with insomnia is unquestionable. Plus, targets at providing long-term cure for insomnia instead of just temporary relief. The approach that homeopathy adopts includes getting at the root cause of the problem, and weeding it out so that there's never a relapse of your condition.
- Safety: Homeopathic medication are far safer therefore, it is preferable and highly recommended. It serves invaluably during insomnia and does not involve any side effects. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
I am having bell's palsy want to recover as soon as possible please help me I am having medicines from last 3 days but no improvement.
He is 8 years old. As for as features known of dyslexia. Those features he has. Difficulty in writing, does not have the patience in reading, writing, not respects elders. Though his behavior was tolerated by us. He will continue his rude behaviour until we beat him. Is it necessary to get him counselling by a psychiatrist. If at all, please refer one fine psychiatrist in bangalore.
Hi, I am a 22 year old female and approx 4 years ago I was diagnosed with Vit D, 12 and hemoglobin deficiency for which I took the medicines but now I am fine. But I am a high myopic since birth. Now my power has reached -15 and I have a severe dryness problem due to overuse of contact lenses. These days I am having regular headache specially and the upper left part of the headache sometimes the pain is pulsating otherwise I also experience needles like pain sometimes. I do not have any vomiting kind of feeling. I feel sudden loss of grip and unconscious drop of things. I even feel like I lose balance while walking but i'm not sure if it could be because of side vision in such high myopia. From past a week i'm hands get numb if very fast if I keep them underneath my head in the morning while sleeping. And I even feel my bones are getting softer, I feel the weakening. And my wounds are healing very fast though my sugar is very much normal. Also I have got 3 small pimples on the left eyebrow, near left side of the nose and left side of the chin.
Dementia cannot be singularly regarded as a specific disease, but rather indicates a group of symptoms associated with your memory, cognitive thinking, and social abilities, up to the point where daily functioning gets affected. In most cases, dementia steadily worsens over time (progressive dementias). Dementia is not to be confused with memory loss alone; because it is natural with old people to experience memory loss, but that does not necessarily mean they have dementia. If the reason is dementia, then you may require medical treatment.
Dementias are generally caused either by damage to or changes in the nerve cells operating in the brain. The causes can be grouped differently based on the type of dementia experienced and the part of the brain affected. While some causes can be reversed with effective treatment, others, unfortunately, cannot.
The most common causes of dementia which cannot be reversed include:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Vascular dementia
- Parkinson's disease
- Frontotemporal dementia
- Dementia with Lewy (dementia which is neurodegenerative and progressive in nature) bodies
- Severe head injuries
Other irreversible causes which are relatively rarer than usual include:
- Huntington's disease (breakage of the brain's nerve cells)
- Creutzfeldt-jakob disease (irreversible and fatal brain disease)
- Multiple sclerosis or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Infections like syphilis
- Leukoencephalopathies (diseases affecting the brain's'white' areas)
- Brain injuries
- Multiple system atrophy
Causes of dementia which can be treated include:
- Heavy metal poisoning
- Certain brain tumors
- Chronic alcoholism
- Vitamin b12 deficiency
- Medicinal side effects or abnormal drug reactions
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus
- Certain cases of encephalitis
Symptoms of dementia include:
- Memory loss
- Difficulty finding the right words
- Difficulty exercising judgments, especially during emergencies
- Inability to recall particular events or to recognize people and places
- Depression or other mood disorders, in addition to symptoms like uncontrolled aggression or constant agitation.
I am 25 Year old male I have a problem of Hand Tremors. This problem from my childhood but now its increasing. And I don't drink and smoke. Please suggest any home remedy. Thnx.
My mother is suffering from lack of sleep since two weeks so is this what called insomnia and if this so then how to treat it because due to insomnia whole body cycle is getting affected, even lack of appetite and feeling lethargy, please provide me with the best solution.
I am 32 year old. I have severe migraine pain, tried many medicine, but didn't work. Pls provide me solution.
Sir, I am suffering from epilepsy (seizures) from the last 10 months doctor has suggested me to take medicine levepsy 500 mg (levetiracetam) but from 3-4 months my parents are saying that my eyes fluctuate but I am not known to this so the doctor increased my medicine from 500 mg to 750 mg but still no effect and also I am not satisfied from my doctor's advice please help me.
I had a surgery for slip disk C5 C6 it was almost 90% pressure on spinal cord the slip disc was from front of the vertebral column. My surgery is done near the neck right side. My right hand n leg was getting numb at all time few fingers in my hand were totally numb n senseless I was not able to do Any sort of work.
I am having problem of shivering hands since five years. I do not even drink. My hands kept shivering continuously. I feel ashamed in front of my friends and relatives.
My daughter is 16 year old. She had been feeling headache and occasional bouts of drowsiness for quite some time. We consulted a neuro physician who diagnosed this as Migraine. Her mother also has migraine. However, my daughter has started to feel even more drowsiness and reeling of head after taking medicines prescribed by doctor. These medicines are sarotena, Practin and Sibelium. Please advise.
Sir my problem I cannot feel stable any time my feeling is something is moving and something which moves jerk but not show no any other symptoms this symptoms occur every time. I have done my brain MRI and ear test the report is normal please say what can I do?
What are the symptoms of brain cancer and is its treatment is available in modern world technologies?
There is a distinct relationship between sleeping disorders and your emotional health, both influence each other. Insomnia is a common sleeping disorder, which is generally caused due to stress and tension. Depression and anxiety also account for insomnia. It has been proven by research that people who experience sleeplessness or cases of insomnia are at a higher risk of depression and similar psychiatric disorders.
Insomnia is an important factor which causes depression and many people affected by it commit suicide. Researchers have found dysfunctional activity in the area of the brain where emotions are processed and regulated, among people with insomnia. Their study explains the mechanism by which insomnia affects and influences emotions in people, which leads to depression and other disorders.
The ways in which insomnia affects your emotions
- There is a clear difference in the brain activities of people with insomnia when compared with normal people who get good sleep. There is usually a great difference between the activities of the amygdala, which are neurons in the temporal lobe of the brain. The amygdala is very important in regulation and processing of emotions.
- Insomnia disrupts the ability of the brain to process negative emotions.
- Neural change and problems with regulating emotions are also caused because of insomnia.
- Insomnia disables the ability of judging or sensing any kind of emotion by looking at the face of a person. It is difficult to judge emotions such as anger and sadness in people suffering from insomnia. This impairment occurs more in women.
- Insomnia and similar sleeping disorders affect our inhibition and disrupt our impulse control mechanism. An insomniac person is likely to develop increased impulsiveness to negative stimulus.
- People suffering from insomnia develop a perception towards negative stuff and perceive most things in a negative way, rather than looking at the bright side which a normal person tends to do. People affected by insomnia are characterized by a negative mood and are pessimists in nature.
- A sleep deprived or insomniac patient shows greater activity around the limbic area of the brain. This is the area where major emotional regulation and processing are undertaken.
- A person suffering from insomnia develops a cranky personality. The patient is in an irritable mood and is triggered by the slightest and pettiest of circumstances. An insomniac patient is also characterized by swinging moods, high temper and general fatigue, which result due to lack of sleep.
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder which directly affects a person's emotions and the processing and regulation of emotions. There is a direct and important link between insomnia and emotional disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.