Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Naresh M. BhatiaYour feedback matters!
My wife is getting white colour of water. When she passes her urine. So pls suggest a doctor to consult.
Hi I'm 25 old Female, I have health issue like my private part smells so badly, I feel so embarrass to sit next to people. Sometime the smell stops for couple of days and it started. I recently got my mensuration and it got over the smell started again. Is there a solution for it. Pls help me. I'm planing to get married by nov this year. It was my fiance who told me that I smell badly down there. Pls help me.
Hi, my wife have missed her period which was supposed to be 3rd feb. White discharge, lower abdomen pain is it signs of pregnancy? If it is yes I just want to say you that at present we are not thinking about any child because already we have 1.5 years old baby. Can she use mifty kit (unwanted pregnancy kit)? Sir please help us.
Help dr! I suffered for irregular periods before my marriage. Aftr by treatment I am getting regular. Dr. told dat pcod problem is der .treatment is going on .but I am very afraid of pregnancy. I wl get pregnancy or not.
My lmp is 28 feb .in march I have missed period. 8 march I use pregnancy test kit it show negative. 10 march I meet gynecologist they again repeat pregnancy test and it show negative. And ultrasound report is normal. No pregnancy. I say doc to give me medicine she say wait 2 month then she give me medicine. because medicine disbalance my hormone. Give me home remedies to start my period and tell me what is the reason. Now I am feeling dizziness.
Hi I am 23 year old I had unprotected sex on my 6th day of period but d sperms were not released inside vagina but to be on a safer side I took unwanted 72 within 2 hours of this, now its been 6 days since I took d pill n I am experiencing spotting n dizziness from morning. N this is d very 1st time I hve taken a pill. Pls help me with this n also can I expect my periods on d same date next month?
Hello. I am 18 years old. I want to get my period early. I go to the gynecologist and he give me regestrone. I started taking regestrone 5mg on 13 march to 16 march twice daily. doctor said me your period come on 21th march. But yet my period not come. How to get my period cycles early. Can you tell me plzz. I was so tense about this.
Laughter is the best medicine, we have all heard this a number of times. It is a well known fact that laughter releases healthy hormones like endorphins and send good signals through the neurotransmitters even as it oxygenates your blood with the huge gulps of air that you take in which also strengthens the immune system. Yet, for many us, not being able to laugh has become a chronic problem as we are so caught up in our day to day struggle, that we forget to smile and laugh or rather, we do not believe that we deserve to be happy. For many people, this is a lost art that they do not know how to bring back. So follow these five tips on bringing more laughter back into your life.
- Laughter Club: Join those early morning laughter clubs and get your funny bone working with a session. These sessions usually take place at the park and are a ton of fun to be in. Take a friend or two along and laugh with someone you know. These laughter clubs can be enjoyed by all ages and groups of people.
- Intent: Get into the mood with the right intention. Intent can make or break even the most trying situations and there is nothing the body will not do once the mind has decided to do it. So wake up and go to sleep with the intent to laugh more every day, no matter what the situation, so that you spread happiness within and outside and get some company for laughing even more.
- Morning Routine: Apart from the laughter club right in the morning, you can make laughing a part of your daily routine from the time you wake up. If you are in the habit of switching on the news or reading the newspaper as you get ready to face the world, chances are that you will less than happy and even slightly morose, by the time you step out of the house. So read the comic strip of your newspaper and enjoy a hearty laugh that will shape the way you look at things the entire day.
- Friends: No matter how busy you are, make time for family and friends beyond the routine greetings and meal times. Spend time with the people you love and find things to smile and laugh about.
- Comedy Nights: Reserve a special place for comedy nights in your weekly calendar and watch reruns of your favourite episodes from start to finish. Identify a favourite stand up comic and follow him or her! So laugh your troubles away and laugh your way towards a healthier lifestyle (lear more about Lifestyle Changes For a Healthy HEART)!
Aakhri baar humne sex 7th july ko kiya tha aur unwanted 72 pill bhi li thi uske baad 15th july ko period normal huye lekin september me periods 9 din late ho gaye hai kya pregnancy ke chances hai aur hai to kitne din ki pregnant hai.
Hi, I had c section delivery 10 months baby. Now I am pregnant again & I want to continue it & I have not other health issues. Is it OK or not pls.
I'm 27 years old and my blood group is o- therefore I would like to know that am I going to get any problem in conceiving a child or if else I conceive a child he/she will get any complications please suggest.
Ayurveda can offer a psychological system of treatment quite like it can aid in physical treatment. The scope of its practice incorporates both mental as well as physical healing. Thus, you won’t be able to comprehend Ayurveda in its fullest sense without having a look at its influence on the human mind and its consciousness.
The evaluation of the mind is as complicated as that of the physical body. It is not simply a sidelight which can be looked at an instance. Ayurvedic application of treating psychological imbalances has its own expertise and application quite like any other therapeutic procedure.
Ayurveda and mental imbalance
Conventional Ayurvedic treatments have recognised three primary causes of mental illnesses:
Imbalances caused by various Doshas which can be either through external reasons or constitutional issues.
An excess of tamas as well as rajas in the mind.
Factors of Karma or outcomes of previous actions.
All these three factors are interrelated to some degree though the imbalances of the Doshas are the most predominant. It mainly rests upon excessive of tamas and rajas, which eventually mirror the deeper disharmonies resting on all the actions.
Ayurveda and psychological problems
Ayurvedic treatments offer a threefold solution for combating all these imbalances that lead to psychological problems.
1. Rational therapies are known for encountering all the Doshas that can be achieved with the help of proper diet, herbs, clinical treatments and other therapies that are directed in opposite directions of the Doshic disharmonies.
3. Spiritual methods for reducing Karma can help in the proper applications of mantras, and rituals that help in purifying the soul.
These three methods of treatment normally cross each other and can be applied to the same individual alternately. The mind as a factor with emotional issues can be availed in each of these stages.
Ayurveda for counselling
Along with these psychological considerations, Ayurveda is largely used for counselling a person who is going through mental imbalance. Much of the work comprises of educating the individual on how he or she would be able to alter their lifestyle for the prevention of diseases and optimising the health conditions along with treating mental imbalances. While this may be centred on herbal and dietary recommendations, it is generally based on the individual clinical condition of the patient.
doctor sap I had sex with some one but oral sex. She suck my penis I never heard before that mouth to penis transmit hiv .so I checked after 2 month hiv test I got result is negative but that is window period I check in dubai sir .but I heard that hiv test is newer test came which is if I am infected hiv result is positive within days am I right doctor sap what is truth tell me doctor I'm very worrying.
Adenoids refer to the mass of lymphatic tissue situated at the intersection of the back of the nose and throat. They are a part of the body's immune system and play a noteworthy part in battling infections in kids. Adenoids fight off the microbes and infection that enter the body through the nose. They typically occur in children of five to seven years of age and from that point, they begin to decrease. They vanish when the child gets older. This is the physiological development and relapse of the adenoids. However, permanent adenoids are an issue in view of a number of annoying symptoms they show in a child. The major among these are breathing through the mouth and wheezing because of nasal blockage.
Homeopathic medicines are a very safe option than surgery in kids with extended adenoids. It has been noted that adenoids, when surgically removed, tend to regrow. Homeopathic medicines focus on strengthening the child’s immune system. The cures are as follows:
- Baryta Carb: Baryta Carb is one of the top recorded homeopathic medications for swollen adenoids. It is likewise the medicine to endorse where both tonsils and adenoids are broadened. The child feels sensitive to ice in extremes. The tiniest exposure to icy air causes cough. Cough also shows up at the slightest change in climate. Sneezing and thick yellow nasal release may be seen. Pain in the throat increases on gulping.
- Calcarea Carb: Calcarea Carb is another brilliant homeopathic medicine for amplified adenoids with the tendency to get infected. Calcarea Carb will be recommended where the youngster is exceptionally helpless to cold and falls sick after each such introduction. This weak immune system for diseases brings about broadened adenoids or tonsils.
- Agraphis Nutans and Merc Sol: Agraphis Nutans and Merc Sol are extremely helpful homeopathic medicines for treating ear grumblings because of expanded adenoids. Agraphis Nutans is the best treatment for deafness because of expanded adenoids. Homeopathic prescription Merc Sol is highly used in case of an ear infection connected with swollen adenoids.
- Kali Sulphuricum: Kali Sulphuricum is among one of the top recorded homeopathic solutions for adenoids that regrow after surgery. The symptoms controlling utilisation of Kali Sulphuricum are a blocked nose, mouth breathing and wheezing. Yellow coloured nasal release is also common.
- Ammonium Carb and Sambucus Nigra: Ammonium Carb and Sambucus Nigra are incredibly helpful homeopathic medicines for developed adenoids. A youngster that needs these drugs will have an increased nasal blockage. The nasal hindrance is most set apart around evening time. Breathing through the mouth because of a blocked nose is also very common. Ammonium Carb is likewise used for a seeping nose, particularly in the morning. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Home Remedies to Reduce High Creatinine Levels
Creatinine is a chemical waste product of muscle metabolism that is eliminated through the kidneys. Persistently high levels of creatinine indicate that the kidneys may not be functioning properly. The normal range of creatinine in blood is:
0.6 to 1.2 mg/dL (or 53 to 106 mcmol/L) for males, and
0.5 to 1.1 mg/dL (or 44 to 97 mcmol/L) for females.
The values may vary slightly depending on different laboratories and their techniques. Men usually have higher levels than women because creatinine increases with muscle mass.
Factors that contribute to high creatinine levels include dehydration or inadequate water intake; medications like ACE inhibitors, NSAIDs like aspirin and ibuprofen, chemotherapy drugs and others; strenuous exercise; chronic diseases like kidney disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and thyroid disorders; kidney problems; and excessive blood loss.
Muscle building, taking the dietary supplement creatine and eating large amounts of meat can also elevate creatinine levels.
Some common symptoms of high creatinine are digestive problems like nausea, vomiting and poor appetite; fatigue; urinary changes like frequent night urination, decreased urine output and dark colored urine; edema; itchy skin; and shortness of breath.
As high creatinine levels may indicate kidney problems and kidney damage, it is best to see your doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.
In addition, you can try some home remedies and dietary tips to help manage the problem. Drinking plenty of water, for instance, is highly recommended when dealing with this problem.
Also, there are some herbs that act as natural diuretics and thus help provide some relief. You can follow one or more of these herbal remedies daily for a few weeks or until your creatinine levels are reduced.
It is important to consult a healthcare professional before taking these herbs or their combinations because they may interfere with certain prescription drugs or may not be suitable for some cases. Some of these remedies may not be suitable for those with a history of kidney stones or other pre-existing conditions.
Here the top 10 home remedies to reduce high creatinine levels.
1. Chamomile Tea
A study published in the Journal of Agriculture Food Chemicals found decreased creatinine levels in study participants who drank chamomile tea. Plus, this herb will work as a mild sedative and induce relaxation.
Put two or three teaspoons of dried chamomile flowers in a cup of hot water.
Let it steep for three to five minutes.
Strain the tea and drink it.
Drink a few cups of chamomile tea daily.
2. Stinging Nettle
Stinging nettle can help remove metabolic wastes and promote renal excretion due to its diuretic properties. Plus, it purifies the blood and improves immunity.
Add two to three teaspoons of dried nettle leaves to a cup of hot water.
Let it steep for 10 minutes.
Strain and drink it.
Drink this nettle tea once or twice daily.
Note: This remedy can interfere with blood-thinning, high blood pressure, diuretic and diabetic medications. Consult your doctor before using this remedy.
3. Dandelion Root
Dandelion root tea also works as a natural diuretic to flush out toxins and lower creatinine levels. It also helps improve kidney function and relieve edema or swelling due to water retention.
Put one tablespoon of dried dandelion root powder in a cup of hot water.
Allow it to steep for about 10 minutes.
Strain and drink it.
Drink this tea two or three times daily for a few days or weeks.
Note: Dandelion may interact with diabetes and high blood pressure medications.
Due to its diuretic properties, cinnamon is considered good for those suffering from high creatinine levels and kidney problems. It helps increase kidney output and promotes renal filtration ability. It also helps regulate blood sugar levels, thus preventing further renal damage.
Incorporate cinnamon in your diet by adding it to warm beverages, smoothies, baked goods, cereals and other foods.
Note: Do not take this herb in excess or it may lead to liver and kidney damage. Though there is no established dosage still, the generally recommendation is one-half to one teaspoon of cinnamon a day.
5. Siberian Ginseng
Siberian ginseng containing eleutheroside compounds is mostly used as a health supplement for its energy-boosting properties. It is also an effective remedy to get rid of excess creatinine because it revitalizes the kidneys and promotes renal circulation. Plus, you’ll get its anti-fatigue and anti-stress benefits.
The general recommended dosage for this herb is 300 to 600 mg per day. For proper dosage and suitability for your condition, consult your doctor. It can also be taken with cinnamon.
Note: Do not confuse Siberian ginseng with other types of ginseng, especially Asian ginseng which has an anti-diuretic effect. Seek your doctor’s advice before taking Siberian ginseng because it may interfere with many prescription drugs.
Astragalus is a traditional Chinese herbal medicine that helps slow the progression of chronic kidney disease. It works as a mild diuretic and helps improve creatinine levels. It contains a diuretic compound called asparagine that helps eliminate fluid through the kidneys. This herb also strengthens metabolism and digestion.
Boil a handful of dried astragalus root slices in one quart of water for 30 minutes.
Strain and drink the tea.
Drink this daily between meals.
Note: Those who have autoimmune diseases should consult a doctor before taking this herb as it may stimulate the immune system.
7. Corn Silk
Corn silk acts as a natural diuretic and anti-inflammatory agent. It helps increase urine output, thus aiding in removing excess creatinine. It also reduces edema and lowers high blood pressure.
Put two teaspoons of dried corn silk in a cup.
Pour boiling water over it.
Cover and allow it to steep for 10 to 15 minutes.
Strain and drink this tea three times a day.
Note: Do not use this remedy if you are allergic to corn or have a history of liver or kidney disease. It may also decrease blood sugar and potassium levels.
Salvia officinalis, commonly known as sage, has been found to be beneficial in increasing the rate at which creatinine is removed in kidney failure patients because it helps filter out and eliminate creatinine from the body. It also increases circulation to the kidneys.
Add one teaspoon of dried sage or 10 fresh leaves to a cup of hot water.
Let it steep for five to 10 minutes.
Strain and drink this tea one to three times a day.
Note: Avoid this remedy if you have diabetes or a history of liver or kidney disease.
9. Chinese Rhubarb
Chinese rhubarb promotes intestinal detoxification and increases urine output. It lowers creatinine levels by increasing the excretion of metabolic waste products including creatinine. It also improves kidney function.
Chop a stalk of Chinese rhubarb.
Boil it in a cup of water.
Strain and drink it twice daily for up to a week.
Note: Do not take this herb if you have a history of kidney stones.
Barley water works as a natural diuretic and kidney cleanser. It also helps reduce blood urea nitrogen (BUN) levels and treat nephrocalcinosis. Being rich in fiber, barley helps reduce blood sugar levels and improves digestion as well. Plus, it has a high nutritive value due to its rich vitamin and mineral content.
Add one cup of barley in one liter or about four cups of water.
Boil the solution for at least 30 minutes.
Strain and drink it slowly.
Drink it daily.
As barley is a whole grain, you can also replace refined flour in your diet with barley flour.
Note: Check with your doctor before taking this remedy as it may not be suitable for those on a potassium restricted diet.
Increase your water and fluid intake.
Replace your regular tea, coffee or sodas with herbal tea.
Avoid eating high protein foods, dairy products and other dietary sources of creatine until your creatinine levels reduce to normal.
Steer clear of high arginine foods like seafood, chocolate, gelatin, beer, soybeans, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds and other nuts and seeds because they tend to increase the liver’s production of creatine.
Reduce minerals like sodium, potassium and phosphorus in your diet.
Include more carrots, cucumbers, garlic, onion and foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids in your diet.
Avoid strenuous activity as it promotes the breakdown of creatine into creatinine.
The knee joint is made up of several elements including the knee cap, meniscus, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, and muscles. Damage to any part of the knee can cause chronic pain.
What can cause knee pain:
Fractures: These are caused by the breaking up of the kneecap due to falls or collisions.ACL Injuries: Caused due to the tearing of the anterior cruciate ligament (that connects the femur and the shinbone). Especially common in sportspersons such as footballers or basketball players.Meniscus tears: The meniscus or the rubber-like cartilage (that acts as a shock absorber) can be torn by sudden jerks or excess pressure.
Arthritis: The chief cause of lingering knee pain, arthritis itself can be of a number of types.
- Osteoarthritis, which is a result of deterioration of cartilages due to wear and tear
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, an inflammatory chronic disorder
- Septic Arthritis, causing pain, swelling and redness.
- Gout caused due to the development of uric acid crystals in the joints
How to deal with it:
- Exercise: Moderate to intense exercise is prescribed for one and all. This, of course, depends on one's overall health and age. If you are already suffering from joint pain, then you may want to go easy on the exercise with a focus on building muscle strength and foundation. If you are healthy, then some amount of daily exercise as a routine will keep those knees in prime working condition and well lubricated as well. Inactivity and a sedentary lifestyle can affect the knees very badly.
- Dealing with Load: Weight is a big one. Carrying around extra pounds and kilograms can be detrimental for your knees in the long run. Your knee is not equipped to handle the excessive weight. It already supports three to five times your weight when you get up and walk around or indulge in some mild jogging. One must be careful of those extra pounds to take the load off the knee and keep it from falling prey to damage.
- Do not Ignore: Warning signals such as chronic or acute knee pain should not be ignored. Remember to see a doctor or an orthopaedic specialist to find out if you have contracted an infection or if you may have suffered a fracture due to an injury.
The ligaments around the knee are strong. However, sometimes they can become injured. They may be stretched (sprained), or sometimes torn (ruptured). A ligament rupture can be partial (just some of the fibres that make up the ligament are torn) or complete (the ligament is torn through completely). The majority of knee ligament injuries are sprains and not tears and they tend to settle down quickly.
ACL injury and other ligament injuries can be caused by:
- Twisting your knee with the foot planted
- Getting hit on the knee
- Extending the knee too far
- Jumping and landing on a flexed knee
- Stopping suddenly when running
- Suddenly shifting weight from one leg to the other
These injuries are common in soccer players, football players, basketball players, skiers, gymnasts, and other athletes.
- Rest the knee.
- Ice your knee to reduce pain and swelling.
- Compress your knee.
- Elevate your knee on a pillow when you're sitting or lying down.
- Wear a knee brace to stabilise the knee
- Practise stretching and strengthening exercises if they are recommended.
For severe collateral ligament tears, you may need surgery to attach the ligament back to the bone if it was pulled away, or to the other part of the ligament if it was torn in the middle.
A meniscus tear is a common knee injury. The meniscus is a rubbery, C-shaped disc that cushions your knee. Each knee has two menisci (plural of meniscus)-one at the outer edge of the knee and one at the inner edge. The menisci keep your knee steady by balancing your weight across the knee. A torn meniscus can prevent your knee from working right.
A meniscus tear is usually caused by twisting or turning quickly, often with the foot planted while the knee is bent. Meniscus tears can occur when you lift something heavy or play sports. As you get older, your meniscus gets worn. This can make it tear more easily.
Treatment may include:
- Rest, ice, wrapping the knee with an elastic bandage, and propping up the leg on pillows.
- Physical therapy.
- Surgery to repair the meniscus.
- Surgery to remove part of the meniscus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
The Smartphone addiction has got all hooked. With millions of apps catering to your different needs, smileys, emoticons and memes instead of relying on words to express what you feel and getting to know the whole world at one tap, you feel severely addicted to your Smartphone. But, is that a healthy sign? On introspection, you will probably find that you spend more time over the virtual domain through the social networking sites rather than having a heart-to-heart with your family and friends.
Of late, smartphones are being held responsible for causing depression as a result of increased isolation. Let’s find out whether the theory is well propounded or not.
- One of the major signs of depression is lack of adequate sleep. Sticking to your smartphone till the wee hours of the morning affects your level of concentration, resulting in anxiety and a bad temper.
- When you spend a lot of time on the gadgets, you slowly compromise on your thinking capacity. You take everything internet serves you as granted without clarifying. With every piece of information available on the internet, there is nothing left for you to imagine or create.
- Addiction to social networking sites is taking away all your creative potentials; and on one fine day, when you discover this, you might feel increasingly disillusioned, resulting in depression.
- One of the worst causes of depression is cyber bullying. The virtual world might welcome you with all kinds of threats and humiliation and this happens majorly on the social networking sites. As a result, you feel your self-confidence is at stake, resulting in severely low self-esteem and subsequent depression.
- Abandoning your smartphone completely is utopian, because they serve needful purposes as well. But, what you can do is limit the time you spend on the device and replace it with something creative. Otherwise, it might not be too late before you start silently sliding into depression.