Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Non evasive method of getting your heart bolckage checked for perfect results ? Please do not suggest angiography.
Hiiii doctors my name is aditya kumar soni. I'm live in bettiah from bihar. My problem is always fever. Pls halp me.
My penis does not totally come out of my skin. If I try to do so. Skin tears and blood comes. What can I do. To avoid this problem without surgery.
Hii GD evening sir. Yesterday doctor confirm that I have psoriasis on my under foot. What is the best way to cure and natural remedies also tell me pls. Severe rashes on foot and breaking.
1) how cold water is harmful for health? Is it true that on consumption of cold water for long time reduce BMR (basal Metabolic rate) 2) what are the ill-effects of cold drinks and which ingredients in cold drink are harmful? How those ingredients affect the body internally? 3) sugary food is harmful for health or not? If it harmful then how it affects the body internally? 4) if spicy food is consumed more than necessary then how it affects the body? Thanking you in anticipation.
Sir I came to delhi in last jun. Nowdays my heel pains specially after a little longer sitting on chair
If someone is infected by HIV from last 4 months then what changes will come in skin of body and when it will happen?
I am 23 year old boy and I am suffering from fever from last 4 days. I am eating medicine from last 4 days but as well as the effect of medicine being low the fever caught me again and I feel cold also. I am also feeling weakness too. Please suggest me best that what I can do.
Got lobectomy for T1N0M0 adenocarcinoma lung. Cough not going away despite best efforts. Taking Foracort and Sequadra inhalers. Spirometery before surgery was normal but with in six months doc says it is now COPD. Please guide.
I was effected with pneumonia my age 21 and I smoke from past 5 years. I used antibiotics for pneumonia for 15 days. I have right chest pain before but now it came to right side pain. I am very afraid of lung cancer. Is there any chance for cancer? When I was breathing it's paining.
I am 26 years old boy my penis is around 5.10 inches when fully erect but sometimes in normal times when I piss and my friends notices my penis even they laugh and even while changing I find my penis becoming very small almost to one inch what should I do and why does my penis become so small.
Hi, My body produces lots of gas and Acidity. Every morning, I feel tired to get up, Feel body pain and bloating. I want to start a fresh day, but always get stuck up fighting this condition. What should I do?
Alzheimer's Disease is a neurological problem that is characterised by a cognitive decline and memory loss. It is a type of neurodegenerative dementia. The symptoms of Alzheimer's Disease include not being able to absorb and retain new information, lack of reasoning and judging, not being able to take on complex tasks, impaired visuospatial abilities, problems in reading, writing and speech, among many others. If a person has at least two of these symptoms in a debilitating manner, then the diagnosis can be made in favour of Alzheimer's Disease. The main causes of Alzheimer's are shrinkage of the brain size and death of the brain cells. The immune system is also said to trigger this neurodegenerative disease.
Let us find out what medical science has found so far:
- Connections: Many a times, in Alzheimer's disease, the memory and behaviour of the person changes because the brain is unable to make proper neural connections which can lead to memory loss of how a person behaved and the elements that formed the basis of the patient's cognition. Apparently, the immune system behaves in the same way within the brain and blocks the connection. This happens because there is constant communication between the brain and immune system along neurological lines, which is where the disease first emanates.
- Inflammation: The brain is prone to inflammation or swelling that is not the normal kind. This inflammation happens as a result of the activation of the infection fighting neurotransmitters and the chemical changes that happen in the brain when an infection strikes. The inflammation usually happens in the plaques or clumps which the brain tries to protect. These clumps are made up of a protein called Amyloid. The immune system is responsible for creating this inflammation in the brain of the patient.
- Pattern Recognition Receptors: Many of these receptors work in different manners and cooperate with each other to create a response in the brain. These PRRs can be found in the brain plaques, and they develop the signs of danger which further fuels the inflammation in the brain as a matter of protection.
- Activation of Cells Linked with the Immune System: When the PRRs begin to respond, it basically activates the immune system and the cells of the same. This is the basic reaction that causes the changes in brain which then leads to the attachment of the protein to the tissue that is diseased, in which case Alzheimer's Disease starts. The inflammation that we had spoken about earlier basically happens in the nervous tissue.
It is important to recognise and act on the initial signs of Alzheimer's Disease before it progresses beyond one's control.
Keep your meals small and regular. A big meal sitting in the stomach will produce a pot-bellied look even in the slimmest person, whereas eating little and often won’t overtax your digestive system, and is less likely to spoil your silhouette in that little black dress. But good news for baked bean-lovers – plant-breeding programmes have made these beans lower in raffinose, the sugar that causes wind.
Get in balance
An imbalance of good and bad bacteria in the gut can also cause bloating, so top up with a healthy probiotic yoghurt or drink. Take a little care at first, though, as sometimes probiotics can unsettle things digestion-wise, at least temporarily. If you’ve been overdoing refined carbs, swap to smaller portions of slower-releasing, low-GI types, such as porridge, grainy breads and wholewheat pasta. Swapping some of your carbs for monounsaturated fats (MUFAs) will also help (think nuts rather than pretzels, tahini instead of jam).
Flat tum foods
Great flat-tum-friendly foods are potassium-rich fruit and veg, in particular bananas, beetroot and a daily glass of orange juice. Potassium works its magic by counteracting the water-retaining effects of excess sodium in the body. But you’ll also need to cut down on salty foods to maximise the stomach-flattening impact.
Never drink on an empty stomach and go for spritzers or other lower-alcohol drinks to help keep your stomach trim. Instead drink plenty of water to aid digestion and flush out waste matter more efficiently.
Put down the chewing gum
When we chew gum, we often swallow excess air which leads to bloating. Avoid it altogether where possible!
There's a clear link between stress and digestive health. Why not go for a run to de-stress, or book in to that much-needed yoga class?