Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Narendra MehtaYour feedback matters!
Recently, I had Ultrasound for my abdomen. The findings are 1. Enlarged Prostate (36 cc) 2. Mild Hydronephrosis in both kidneys 3. Polyp in Gall Bladder (3.2x2. 95 mm). Shall I go for Gall Bladder removal? Or kidney/prostate surgery first in terms of criticality.
What is home based solution for dark spots on face. Skin is oily and spots are for 4 months. kindly advise?
I under went fistulectomy surgery on June 1st 2017 .wound has been healing but puss is still coming from the wound. Doctor told ki I need to under go Mri pelvis scaning again. As only doctor could identify end tract but he couldn't find opening tract. He told like I need to under go another surgery if opening tract is found. I'm really worried about this. Pls guide me about my situation. I don't have any pain. Only puss coming.
I am Salmon age 20 my face is dumped with some scars and small holes. What should I do? For having clean and clear skin.
Now I having piles problem, in bottom one side skin small out of the area. In skin top side small dots many more find it in that area heavy pain, pl tell how to solve.
Hi I am 20 years old and mere beard ke hairs white hone shuru hogye hai kafi ho gye hai please mujhe koi medicine btao jis se beard ke hair white na ho aur ho ske toh white bi black ho jaye?
I have scar and pimples on my face. Currently I am using Himalaya face wash but until I have many pimples on my face. I'm always worried about my skin. Please suggest me what should I do.
I have the problem of dark circles over my eyes so please tell me the best solution for quick and fast results.
Possibly the most common skin problem in the world, acne is the inflammation of the skin pores when excess oil and dead skin cells clog them. Acne can manifest in many forms such as blackheads and whiteheads, and papules among others. More than the acne, the scars they leave behind tend to cause the most grief as they look quite unsightly. There are multiple modern dermatological treatments which can help you resolve this problem. Some of the treatments that are commonly used are mentioned below –
- Chemical Peels: This is one of the most common methods used for the treatment of acne scars. Specially mixed chemical formulations are used to dissolve away the top layer of the skin which contains most of the scars. Once the top layer goes away, the new layer of skin which regenerates doesn’t have the scars.
- Light Therapies and Laser Treatments: There are many types of laser and light therapies which use a focused light to burn away the top layer of the skin to regenerate it and reduce the scar. Certain specialized lasers use high-intensity pulses to treat raised acne scars specifically.
- Dermabrasion and Microdermabrasion: One of the most popular and commonly found treatments, is dermabrasion. This method uses an electrical machine that removes the top layer of skin which is akin to sanding. However, this is a fairly invasive option and will require some time for recovery. A less invasive procedure is microdermabrasion which uses finer instruments for this purpose and tends to have lesser downtime.
- Dermal Filler Injections: These injections are used to plump up certain areas of skin which need to be treated. Most of them work on the principle of boosting collagen which is responsible for healing the skin. Once boosted, collagen works to fill gaps and regenerate new skin. However, most of these are temporary and only last for about a year or so.
- Incisions Under the Skin: Sub-cision or subcutaneous incision uses a tuned surgical probe to separate the scar tissues of acne from the normal skin. This will result in the skin to rise and thus flatten the dent of the acne scar.
- Autologous Fat Transfer: A form of therapy which is becoming popular very quickly, this method uses fat taken from one area of your body and injected into the scar area. This results in raising the depressed areas of the skin and flattening the scars. However, fat is easily absorbed within the body and thus the effect may diminish within some time. You may be needed to redo the procedure over regular periods.
- Cryotherapy: The area around the scar is frozen in a targeted manner which results in the scar tissue falling over and exposing newer skin which is smooth and devoid of scarring. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.