Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Narendra MehtaYour feedback matters!
Sometimes I get hard excreta which pains in my anus for 2-3 days. What should I do for avoiding this?
I want to loose my tummy and shoulders. I do everything. Please suggest me. I am also suffering from gastric problem.
Dear sir/madam Me suffering last 2 weeks below neck to full stomach burning, if I will drink water also burning lot me consult once hospital given me some medicine and syrup if I will take medicine that day relief if not take medicine same burning start. Last two days I can't drink water also please give me your valuable suggestions.
I have mild ileitus and it's been 2 month can rifaximin 200 mg thrice a day for 10 days can cure this.
I have continuous problem of gas in my stomach and potty is not coming out properly. What should I do doctor.
Coconut at times increases acidity whereas coconut water reduces acidity .what is your opinion on that .
My husband is feeling some time pain in his right side of upper abdomen. What may be the probable cause?
Hello Doctors. Pls help me with this. I'm having blood in my stool so I went for colonoscopy and a small bump of size of a marble was found in my lower large intestine. The Dr. Prescribed me 2 tabs of Mesacol OD 1.2g daily for 2 weeks. I thought now it'll be cured but after 2-3 days of completing the dose of 2 weeks, I started bleeding again. Now the Dr. Says it's the case of Ulcerative Colitis, so you have to take Mesacol OD for next 6 months, and you don't have to worry as these pills don't have any side effects. Now even after taking 2 tabs, I feel that 2-3 ml of blood comes out after every 3-4 alternate days. Doctors pls help me and show me the direction to cure it.
Lots of burning inside my belly. If I eat food then only I need to go to latrine, consuming water also produces gas. Eating rice also produces burn inside. Gas form a lot. It feels like hot water is circling around my belly and it pains. please help me plzz what medicines can I take. What I should eat. please help.
Hello sir recently I test my liver function test it show I had jaundice and its value is 1.29 and ALP is 123 and after 15 days I tested again bilirubin is 0.8 and ALP is 115 I am afraid for ALP result because I had drinking alcohol daily now I am quitting from past one month please suggest me good diet for me I do not know what food is better for a jaundice patient particularly non veg please help me sir I am hopeless.
Sir mujhe 3-4 mahino se shareer me alag 2 problem ho rhi hai jaise hanth pair or ungliyo me dard hona, kabhi 2 halka sir dard hona pet me gas banna or ghabrahat hona, jaldi thak jana or baithe 2 sans lene me problem susti aana ye sab problam 1sath nhi hote sir ky ho sakta hai mujhe.
I am having tonsils for the last two days and taking d cold total but every 12 hours the fever comes back and also doing gargling with salt water (hot) which provides temporary relief from the pain. Should I consider moving onto antibiotics as they make me feel very weak and upset my digestive system somewhat. If so which group of antibiotics should I opt for.
Eating a healthy diet and exercising regularly may help prevent liver damage.
Treatment & prevention
1. Lose weight if overweight or obese
2. Have a high protein & low carbohydrate diet
3. Lower cholesterol and triglycerides
4. Control diabetes
5. Avoid alcohol
6. Exercise regularly & increase physical activity 30 minutes of exercise atleast five days a week is recommended
Hello Dr. I am biku. Iam suffering by acidity gas problem in one year. Some time I feel bore of this problem. If I take some antacid then its feel better fot some day. Its happen cause of my irregularity. Now what should I do doctor.
Achalasia is a very rare disease. Normally, your esophagus squeezes food down by making the muscular valve in between the stomach and esophagus relax. Achalasia occurs when this muscular valve is unable to relax and thus the esophagus is unable to squeeze the food down. The most common reason why this happens is because the nerves in your esophagus are damaged. The nerves most commonly get damaged because of abnormalities in the way your immune system responds. Till now, there is no cure to achalasia; however, surgery or minimally invasive therapy can make the symptoms of achalasia more manageable. Here are all the causes and symptoms of achalasia:
- Difficulty swallowing: The difficulty you face when swallowing food is the most common symptom of achalasia. Both liquid as well as solid food will be hard to swallow.
- Regurgitation: If the food is regurgitating in the night, then the lungs may have been inhaling some food. This is very serious and you should see the doctor immediately if this occurs.
- Chest pain: You may suddenly experience chest pain from a completely unknown cause.
- Weight loss: You may also suffer from sudden weight loss if you have achalasia. This is due to the reduced amount of food you will be consuming.
- Heartburn: Heartburn is when you have a very intense burning pain in your chest just behind your breastbone which is most commonly caused by regurgitation in your esophagus.
The exact cause of achalasia is not yet known. However, there are some theories on what causes achalasia. Here they are.
- Genes: The most common cause of achalasia is genes.
- Autoimmune disease: An autoimmune disease is when your immune system attacks your body's own cells. Achalasia is a type of autoimmune disease.
- Infection: There have also been a lot of claims that infections are the cause of achalasia.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!