Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Nane ShettyYour feedback matters!
Sir I have a problem of snoring due to give bone of my nose and also feel unhealthy for breathing and have cold.
My husband is having continuous ear pain for about 2 months now, the portion is inside ear and below ear. This started almost 5 years back and we almost give up consulting doctors around here as he doesn't progress. Need help or at least suggestions please.
I am having migraine and sinusitis I am facing a big problem I can't eat cold food can't travel in cold misty climate can't sit in Ac. At this time I face small pain and I can't concentrate or face others I will have to hold my forehead with my hand or stick forehead some where I am having cold also and my nose is always blocked docs told my nose is having a bend what can I do please help me I visited many doctors also Please help.
I am 64 yes old I am suffering from bppv (left) I got the first attack in last august 2014. I underwent treatment at cmc vellore, fortis bangalore, but it didnt got repeated after that. What can I do in future. No medicine is prescribed, however vertin 16 mg is suggested for emergency situations. They suggested me to do ent related exercise daily. Pl your suggestions.
Sinusitis is the tissue inflammation of the membrane lining the sinus. Due to the inflammation, the sinus membrane gets filled with mucus, fluid, waste matter etc. This leaves very little room for air in the sinus membrane. The absence of air blocks the nose. The sense of smell goes away. The forehead might feel heavy as well. The resonance of the voice gets lost and it becomes nasal. In many cases, this leads to nasal discharge and result in a fever as well.
Sinusitis can be chronic or acute. Chronic sinusitis refers to cases where the sinusitis lasts long and does not go away easily. The ones that last for a shorter duration is known as acute sinusitis.
What are the symptoms of chronic sinusitis?
- Heaviness of forehead and nasal blockage
- Loss of shrill in the voice due to lack of air
- Difficulty in breathing from the nose (the mouth is used instead)
- Persistent sneezing
- Persistent headache
- Light pain near the eye and the cheeks
- Due to a recurrent cough, pain might get transferred to the ears
- Tendency to vomit or a feeling of nausea
Homeopathic Standpoint on Chronic Sinusitis
Of all the chronic conditions that could be treated by alternative medicine, chronic sinusitis stands the best chance to be completely cured via homeopathy. The natural course of homeopathic treatment aids in rebuilding the body’s immunity that is essential for curing sinusitis. Although this mode of treatment takes a while to show its effects, it has the capability to completely eradicate the chronicity and the recurrence of sinusitis and provide a long-term solution. Homeopathy does not involve any antibiotics or strong medicines, and it has no side effects or after effects. The homeopathic medicine is mild and tender. It cures the patient from within without any pain whatsoever.
How does the homeopathic medicine work?
There are close to 50 different types of medicines that can treat chronic sinusitis. As soon as the homeopathic medicine is consumed, it affects the respiratory system and mucous membrane. It makes the waste material present in the membrane come out in the form of yellowish discharge. The medicine is suited to those patients who feel lethargic and tired throughout the stint of sinusitis.
What is the time for a complete cure?
Homeopathic medicine might take a while to cure a chronic sinusitis patient. However, the time duration depends upon the extent of blockage of the membrane, frequency of sinus attack, history of nose blockage, general health of the patient etc. Not all medicines click for everyone. Based on the symptoms, general health and fact finding, a homeopathic doctor recommends a medicine. Typically the medicine is advised to be taken thrice or four times a day along with gargling, vapour consumption etc. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
Dr. I'm 29 year old married women. Dr. mujhe aksar neck ke ander infection ho jata hai aur urine infection bhi aksar ho jata hai mai kya karu bar bar hone se mai pareshan ho jati hoon. please advice me.
I am suffering from headache, cold and cough. I am a patient of hypothyroid, tonsillitis and sinusitis. I have already taken a lot of medicines. Nothing is working out as I always find my nose blocked and I snore too. Please do help.
I have problem with my ear. Sometimes wax comes out in liquid form. Earlier before 2-3 years there was same problem. After trying ayurveda it was cures. But now again it starts. What to do. Which is the best treatment to cure it permanently.
Sir, I am from Bhopal and suffering from tinnitus since last 2 months, Sir, it is curable or not or harmful to us. Kindly suggest treatment.
I have tonsillitis but no pain. I take several medicine for that. I test my blood my aso titre is 400. How to reduce it. Someone told me to take apple cider vinegar. T ell me medicine name.
I am an suffering from Sinus headache. Blockage of nose creates difficulty in breathing and sound comes through nose.
I have some problem with my voice When I use to talk, the voice comes forcibly it doesn't come sharp. And some type of gel get comes regularly from throat when I was talk If that gel can't come I didn't talk properly When the gel spit outside then only my voice somewhat better So please give me a best suggestion.
I sneeze very frequently since few days. Am I allergic to something? Also my throat pains if I drink water from other places rather my home.
I am 25 years old male and I have throat infection from last 3 months and I feel tonsil in my throat. Not able to breath properly and pain in throat and I consulted 2 doctors but it is not redused. So please kindly inform what I should do?
Throat culture test is possible in hospital? Because no antibiotic works for my sore throat. This is my 4 th antibiotic course. I worried to much.
There are various type of nosebleed that can be caused by a variety of conditions. While some of them may not be too serious, one must never ignore heavy and persistent nosebleed. Nosebleeds are of two kinds: anterior nosebleed and posterior nosebleed. While 90% of all nosebleeds are anterior nosebleeds, the posterior nosebleeds are far less common and may be slightly more serious in nature. An anterior nosebleed is usually caused in the blood vessels that lie on the front portion of the nose and can be controlled easily. A posterior nosebleed usually comes from damage to an artery in the rear portion of the nose. Infection, trauma, allergic reactions and other such causes may be behind a nosebleed.
Let us cast a glance on the tips to prevent nosebleeds.
- Salt water and saline nose drops can be used in order to prevent nosebleeds. It is important to take these on a regular basis in case you are experiencing these nosebleeds on a regular basis.
- You can also consult doctor, who may prescribe blood thinners so that the blood does not clot and lead to a nosebleed. You will need to ensure that you take such medication only when the doctor prescribes the same.
- The use of painkillers like Aspirin and other non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs must be limited. Sometimes, taking such medication too frequently may lead to nosebleeds.
- You would do well to control your blood pressure because hypertension and other forms of high blood pressure can also cause nosebleeds. Lifestyle changes like your diet and exercise can help in keeping a more stable blood pressure level so that you do not fall prey to frequent nosebleeds.
- Humidify your home with a humidifier so that the air does not get too dry. Many times, this causes nosebleeds. Also, you may want to keep the heat down in the bedrooms. Many nosebleeds happen due to too warm temperatures while you are sleeping.
- Nose picking should also be discouraged as it can lead to nosebleeds in case there is a scratch or any other kind of damage when you try to force the dirt out.
- It has also been found that smoking has a connection with nosebleeds. This can be fixed if the patient quits smoking.
- One should not use nasal sprays without a prescription from a doctor. This also includes antihistamines, decongestants as well as other medicated sprays. These may not suit the patient at all times, and may also lead to nosebleeds.
In the event of a nosebleed, you will need to lean forward with your head tilted backwards. This will stem the bleeding. If it is possible, you must also try and lie down immediately for a few minutes.