Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Namrata Haresh ManglaniYour feedback matters!
Sir my eyes are always in light red color (like when drunk alcohol person eyes) but I do not drink any type of alcohol please suggest what I do now?
I am trying to improve my weak eyesight by doing eye exercises, pressing acupressure points and taking diet of green vegetables. What else should I do?
My mother's age 65 years. We consulted eye specialist for regular eye checkup for any number change. After check up doctor told cataract started for both eyesand it is around 20%. What are the precautions required not to increase further and any preventions available to reduce existing cataracts.
I have headache in forehead .My eyes number are 0.25 for left eye and 0.5 for right eye. Is the headache due to the number as my doctor said no need of wearing spectacles hence I do not use them.
Hello My problems is continue work in computer Eye problem Dard karna, bhari pan lagna, jalan karna.
I have red eyes with problem to see long distance I can't see long distance things but don't want to wear goggles so what are the basic things which not to do or to do.
What is the meaning of fribosis? I have read articles and site online but I can't understand in easy way and proper what it is! Please mail me and explain in easy language hindi preferable. I am waiting sir / mem.
I m 20 year old male. Due to late night studies, my eyes became red and feel extreme itching sometime. Plzz help to get some relief.
Hi! I am having problem with my right eye from last 3 years. I got a chalk piece on my eye. And from that day till today I am getting a blurry vision. I don't know what to do. Kindly suggest.
I have red eyes over 3 days including body pain and what should I do to avoid farts unnecessary because I have a healthy diet I don't understand why does it happens?
An eye allergy or allergic conjunctivitis is a condition that strikes when certain substances irritate the eyes, which can cause a reaction. This reaction has varied symptoms starting from inflammation to watering and even redness and an itching sensation.
So how can you tell if you have an eye allergy? This article will tell you all you need to know!
- Causes: To begin with, this is an immune response that happens when the eye comes in contact with substances like dirt, grime, pollutants, pollen, nettle, pet hair, smoke, mold and more, which may cause irritation. These are typically known as allergens. The immune system takes these allergens to be invaders and begins attacking the same by releasing chemicals that cause these allergic reactions. Also, an eye allergy may be a symptom or outcome of other conditions like asthma, hay fever, or even eczema.
- Symptoms: The eye usually bears a pink or red appearance when the patient is suffering from an eye allergy. Also, watery eyes are a common sight during this condition while scaling around the eyes may also take place. Further, itching and burning sensation may be felt by the patient and swelling or puffiness can be seen. The symptoms may afflict one or both eyes. The patient may also have a runny nose or stuffy nose as well as nasal congestion.
- Difference between Eye Allergy and Pink Eye: Conjunctivitis or pink eye is usually caused due to bacteria or a virus that spreads infection in the eye. But eye allergy is caused due to a response of the immune system that leads to an allergic reaction. While the pink eye may be a contagious condition, an eye allergy is not.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of an eye allergy will be done with the help of various tests conducted by an ophthalmologist. The skin prick test will help in introducing allergens to find out if the spot gets raised or suffers from inflammation. Also, the doctor will check for other ailments like asthma and eczema.
- Treatment: There are varied methods of treating this condition. To begin with, the doctor may prescribe medication like decongestants and antihistamines as well as steroids for more severe and persistent cases. Also, injections may be prescribed in order to do away with the allergic reaction and eye drops containing olopatadine hydrochloride may also be used.
- Home Remedies: Staying away from allergens and using a warm and clean washcloth over the eyes, for a few minutes every day, may help in relieving the painful symptoms of the condition.
Do not forget to consult your doctor before you try any natural or home based remedies.