Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Namita Pandey
Submit a review for Dr. Namita PandeyYour feedback matters!
My mother in law 63 age is facing breast cancer 4th stage. I just wanna know can we eat food cooked by her, my 3 years baby is too close to her that he eat food or fruits especially cut or cooked by her. please aware us. It's important to us.
I am 22 year female and have fibroadenomas. A large lump of 3.60 in my left breast. What should I do? I dont want any surgery as it leaves me a scar. Is there any alternative to it? iam so worried and depressed about it.
Hampered drive for physical intimacy may not be the case with everybody suffering from cancer. Since, each individual is different with varied sexual needs, it is rather impossible to predict how cancer would affect a person’s sex drive. But certain treatments of cancer might take a toll on your libido and subsequently, your sex life.
Cancer and certain treatments of cancer, can be the reason behind your low libido as they can cause:
1. Imbalance in the sex hormones
2. Scarring of the skin
3. Breathing problems
4. Diarrhea or bowel problems
6. Tension or anxiety
7. Depression or sadness
9. Fatigue (Tiredness)
10. Persistent sickness
With any of these side-effects, you may not have the urge of indulging in sexual intercourse because of the constant irritability and pain, essentially resulting from weakness. You might also think less of yourself, with no care for the way you dress up, make up or do your hair as you used to do before. With fatigue playing nemesis to your libido, you may feel entirely washed out, exhausted and spent after your intensive chemotherapy sessions.
How do you address this problem?
1. Speak out: Try unburdening yourself of the worries and anxiety in front of your partner or the doctor and make them understand how you truly feel about yourself. They may be able to guide you home.
2. Plan your rumble beforehand: You can plan your sexual activity by taking pain killers an hour prior to lovemaking.
3. Foreplay helps: Remember, sexual contact cannot spread cancer, ever. An intense session of foreplay has never disappointed anybody and it might work wonders if you have been going through all the rigor of cancer and its treatment lately. It would make you feel genuinely cared for; this might just egg you on to come out of that shell of depression and anxiety and enjoy sex like the way you used to.
Dear Sir, Can we break radio therapy in cancer treatment (mouth cancer ). Here in my case Radio therapy is started (allahabad Location ) and we want to concert with Doctors in Delhi.
The prostate gland, an essential part of the male reproductive system grows throughout your life. As you grow older, it becomes imperative to keep this organ healthy.
Here's what you can do to maintain a healthy prostate:
1. Workout to stay fit - Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
2. Eat fruits and vegetables - Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
3. Have more soy products - Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate.
4. Have selenium-rich foods - Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
5. Say yes to healthy fats and no to trans and saturated fats - Choosing healthy fats like avocados, nuts, and olive oil can aid in boosting prostate health. At the same time, limiting saturated fats and trans fat intake are vital for keeping the prostate gland healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.