Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Nagesh AtnikarYour feedback matters!
My eyes are getting tears automatically when ever I took my specs of and some time with specs I'm getting tears what should I do?
I have head ache due to eye sight. My eye sight had been increased from -1 to -2, but i'm still having my old -1 skeptical. Is the head ache due to the old skeptical.
I have been suffering from the problem of myopia, what are the symptoms of this and treatment for this.
I have a cold for last three days and my eyes are red my tongue has turned blue and I can not smell nor I can breathe clearly. What should I do?
Dear sir, Inspite of taking multipal consultaion we fail to get exact reason and recovery on this issue. As I am looking hopefully to you & requesting you kindly help me to come out in this issue. case summary -16-year-old boy presented with history of dimunition of vision in right eye since 3 months. He gave history of seeing flashes of light and eyelid twitching of right eye on and of. On examination, his bcva was 6/60, n36 and 6/18, n10 in right eye and left eye respectively. Anterior segment showed clear cornea, quiet anterior chamber in both the eyes. Fundus examination showed clear media, attached retina tessellated fundus in both the eyes, mild temporal disc pallar and retinal hole in upper temporal quadrant in right eye. He was advised right eye prophylactic laser around retinal hole, neurologists review. He was adviced regular check up.
lasik surgery can completely removed our spectacle? There is any special precautions required after such type of surgery?
My 2 years old son having red eye corner in his right eye for 8 days. No discharge coming and no swelling found. And redness increase only if he put his fingers twitching his eye. Will it be cured by itself or I have to consult a doctor.
I am 25 years old I have a eye problem there is a itchiness in my eyes from last two months as I have already consulted with doctor but no improvement is there please help me foe this.
Did you know that your vision is responsible for around 80% of you sensory input? your eyes are among the most delicate organs in your body. Long work hours in front of the computer and long study hours results in tired and sometimes irritating eye conditions. But help isn't too far. Before you head to the doctor, you can head to your kitchen to look for solutions. There are several home remedies that you can try to not only improve your eyesight but also get rid of glasses and rebuild your vision! here's how you can do it:
1. Exercise: Just like any other body part, your eyes need exercise too. Blinking your eyes rapidly for 5 seconds helps moisturize it. Similarly, cupping your eyes with you palms for 4-5 minutes triggers acupuncture points that helps the eye to relax. There are specific exercises to reduce eye strain, improve blurred vision and enhance reading. Do these as per the specific problem you are facing.
2. Take a break: Follow the 10-10-10 rule when you are on the computer for extended hours. For every half hour of work, take a 10 min break to look at something n a distance at least 10 feet away for 10 seconds. These becomes tricky if you are studying or working in a fast paced environment and easily forget to take breaks. Set alarms that help you know the time so that you can actively plan your breaks. To enhance break time, try to look at greenery during your 10 sec break which helps the eyes relax better. Splash your eyes with cold water to give them a fresh feel.
3. Yoga: Yoga and meditation relaxes your body and mind. It is also a great way to relax your eyes as you get to close them and give them rest. When you close your eyes, you shut out a big chunk of sensory inputs helping your body go from an active reaction mode to a passive action mode.
4. Eat for your eyes: Make sure you add your weekly quota of vision enhancing food in you diet. Carrots which are rich in beta-carotene and vitamin a are great for the eyes. Similarly grapes and blueberries work great to improve your night vision. Green leafy veggies, garlic, shallots, eggs and onion all contribute in keeping your eyes healthy and strong. Cold water fish rich in DHA is an another great food that helps reduce dry eyes and muscular degeneration.
5. Change your lifestyle: Other than exercise and proper nutrients, you need to ensure you get a shut eye for six to eight hours every day to let your eyes fully rest and rejuvenate. As always drink 6 - 8 glasses of water. And don't forget to get regular eye check ups especially if you are a diabetic or have other health conditions that adversely affect your eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.