Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Naga Hyma Chakravarthi
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Naga Hyma ChakravarthiYour feedback matters!
Am 25 years old I have back pain last 6 months so plse give the solution to how am relif the pain and give solution plz.
Perfect my body weight Height is perfect My body joint pain why? Please tell me how to cure my joint pain.
I am suffering fever since yesterday night. I took Dola 650 in night and morning, How many tables can take in day. Symptoms like joint pains, body pains and feverish. So please advise how many dola 650 can take in a day. Best one.
Hello I am 24 years and 120 kgs. Height 5'7" I get right knee joint pain if I walk or do movement for long. 3 months back in a family function I was doing work like serving food, running here and there for arrangements and after that whenever I walk for little long I get right knee joint pain. Also I get lower back pain sometimes when I wake up from bed but very rarely. The mattress is little thick and also the shape of the mattress is not perfect like little shallow at the top near the pillow. Please help me. I want to reduce weight but I fear if I exercise like running and morning walk it will cause more damage to the right knees. So what should I do to reduce weight without damaging the knees further more? Thanks in advance. Shall remain obliged if I get a good solution.
I am suffering severe lower back pain I had 4 months boy baby. After delivery family planning operation will be done.Please help me for that.
I am suffering with non compressive mylopathy is called milities since 2001, I was used steroids, that is effected now for my hips I am suffering with hips pain heavily, doctor told me need to replace my hips, any alternative is available for that please let me know the process ?
Yesterday during cricket match, while taking catch, I fallen down & got injury to my right shoulder. I am not able to take my hand up. Also not able to take a load. What is the guidelines, to get recover soon.
I start running 2 months ago. I run 3km. I also do exercise and stretching. After that also there is some pain in my lower calf. My friends told me that is due to either sole of shoes or due to because I run on road. please help me because it is intolerable. Also I never run before.
Physiotherapy plays a pivotal role in helping a person recover after a hip replacement surgery. It brings back the old flexibility and prevents blood clots in the area where the procedure has taken place. After the surgery team gives its green signal, a physiotherapist starts working with a patient for a full recovery.
Here is a list of some common exercises that a physiotherapist suggests after a hip replacement surgery:
- Walking: It is important to use the crutches for a time period of 4-5 weeks post the procedure. Until the surgeon or the physiotherapist advises against using the crutches, it makes sense to use it while walking. It makes sense to retain the normal walking posture by using the crutches rather than limping without it. A physiotherapist reviews the pressure exerted by the arm while holding a crutch, before advising the patient to get rid of the crutches.
- Increasing hip flexibility: This is a basic form of exercise where an individual lies on one side of the body with knees and hips bent. A pillow is placed in between the knees. While doing this, it should be ensured that both the feet is kept together and the back muscle is not twisted. The top knee should be slowly raised like an opening of the calm shell. This position should be maintained for 4-5 seconds.
- Strengthening the hips: The body should rest on the stomach. The buttocks should be tightened and one leg should be slowly lifted. This position should be maintained for a stretch of 3-5 seconds. The same should be repeated for both the legs.
- Strengthening the hip and the stomach muscle: The body should rest on the back with a leg bent. The stomach muscle should be tightened and the bent leg should be lifted carefully while ensuring that the bend does not supersede more than 90 degrees. While keeping the stomach muscle tight, the lifted leg should slowly come down to touch the surface. This act should be repeated for 5-6 times.
- Strengthening the thigh muscle: While sitting in a steady chair, an elastic loop should be wrapped around the ankles. The elastic loop should be stretched with one leg while keeping the other foot firmly rooted to the ground. The lifted foot should slowly come down to the normal position. The same act should be repeated for 4-5 times.
- Improving balance: An elastic loop should be tied to one leg of a table and the other end of the loop should be tied to one ankle. The table should be held on for maintaining balance. Maintaining an erect position, the tied up ankle should be stretched sideways. The position should be maintained for 3-5 seconds to return back to normal standing position. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!