Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Naazneen LadakYour feedback matters!
From last many year am suffering from a problem that some words stuck into my mouth while speaking I went blank I know I am suffering from some thing what is that I do not know.
I am a college going girl of 20 years. I always keep thinking about anything bad and remain sad. I always want to be alone and leave my home or to hurt myself in anyway. If I am with my friends then I'll be ok and don't let them even know about that I am depressed but as they leave I am again like before. I feel like. Lie on bed and remain silent. Dont want to speak even a word, don't even want to move, neither wanna eat anything nor drink. I don't even want anyone around me. I want to be alone forever. I want to be at a place where no one knows me. I am feeling like i am going mad.
What the main cause for hatred towards female so much shy in expressing with others and not so much talking rather live in lonely.
What is the symptoms of dengue and I have fever for over last 4 days and what should I do if I have pain in my full body.
I am feeling sleepy all the time from near about one week and also I am not able to concentrate on things as before. Can you please guide? 1.
I am 26 year old girl. Many times I repeat things. Like washing hands again n again. Praying god again and again. Some time I lough on little things and sometimes I prefer to be silent. Am I mentally disturbed? what should I do?
How to forget the person whom you like but now you do not want any contact bcz of some family issue. Me collage going student. Advice me plzz.
Kleptomania is a form of psychiatric disorder. It is a difficult disorder, and an affected person experiences a lot of shame, remorse, stress or feels guilt, which are associated with stealing. It is categorized as an impulse control disorder which affects the behavior of a patient. Kleptomania may be associated with obsessive compulsive disorder. The patient develops an impulse to steal and cannot control this impulse and later feels guilty.
Here are several tips which you can use in order to deal with kleptomania.
Understanding the situation: It must be clearly understood that a kleptomaniac person does not steal with the intention of becoming rich. It is done only for mental satisfaction and to pacify the urge of stealing that comes from within to an affected person. The patient usually does not care about the object he steals, but he only cares about the act of stealing. Usually, kleptomaniac patients steal insignificant things. When an affected patient becomes extremely nervous or fearful, they tend to steal an object. After the act, they feel much better and relieved. Later, a feeling of guilt arises in the person about his stealing act.
Treat the affected person gently: A kleptomaniac person requires love, care and great understanding from his/her loved ones or family members in order to recover. The problem and the situation must be recognized and perceived carefully. A person close to the patient should deal with him gently and try to make him understand. In many situations, a kleptomaniac may be aware of his actions but does not confess to avoid harassment.
The situation is different from stealing: It must be kept in mind that the actions of a kleptomaniac cannot be exactly termed as stealing. Stealing is an organized activity done by conscious individuals in order to gain something material or money related. Kleptomania is an act of impulse which a patient conducts for psychological satisfaction. The patients are fully aware that stealing is not the right thing, but yet they cannot control their impulse to steal.
Treatment procedures: Once a kleptomaniac person accepts that they are suffering from a disorder, professional help must be taken. Cognitive Behavior Therapy is the primary treatment for kleptomania. This includes aversion therapy where a distraction is created when a person develops the impulse to steal an object. Systematic desensitization is another process where a patient is made to imagine a scenario to get over the urge of stealing. Covert desensitization makes a patient imagine negative impacts of the stealing act such as arrest or harassment.
The social life of a kleptomaniac becomes very difficult and both the patient, and his family are subjected to a lot of trouble and harassment. Necessary measures must be taken for kleptomania.
I have memory loss problems with whole life at least when I attend my school life. So solve my memory loss problems.
What to do to improve memory power and concentration in studies for my 8 year old son? Please advise.
I am 45 years old. Have gone through a hysterectomy a year back and since then I have depression problem. Because of which I have frequent headaches and severe body pain ,mood swings and suicidal tendency. I have two teenage kids and my husband troubles me a lot. Don't know what to do. Please advise.
My memory is too weak. I always forget any thing. My sexual power also so weak that I cant satisfy my wife.
My question is when I AM IN Period time SO I AM VERY anger & HIT FAMILY MEMBER & throw it all & my problem is last 15 year SO any solution ya tablets.
I SUFFERING FROM BAD THING LIKE WHETHER I AM MENTALLY OK OR NOT ,I ALWAYS THING ABOUT ITS THAT REASON I FEELING VERY UP SET ,NOW I AM THINKING I WILL NOT OVER COME THIS THING PLEASE HELP ME HOW I WILL OVER COME FROM THIS PROBLEM?
My chest looks like female. I'm very much depressed I am afraid to remove my shirts in public places such as rivers, falls etc. Is there any solution to my problem. Plzzzz help me.
What is the supplementary medicine, which can stop the urge for Alcohol. I get the urge for alcohol in the evening and when take one peg then it goes ON.
Chronic nightmares are caused by a lot of internal as well as external factors. It can cause sleep disorders and can affect your overall health. Some of the key reasons that contribute to chronic nightmares are mentioned below:
- Stress and anxiety: Anxiety can come in many forms. It can happen due to simplest of reasons such as moving to a new place to joining a new job, suffering from trauma to losing a close one in the family, etc. Stress as a result of these can lead to bad dreams and chronic nightmares.
- Media: Suspense shows or scary movies are also known to cause nightmares. Recalling visual imagery from a recently watched horror movie during sleep can appear in the dream without any intervention. The brain can create a sequence and produce imagery based on one’s recent thinking process.
- Depression: A Finnish Study showed that more than 28 percent who suffers from depression get nightmares at night. A negative mindset coupled with poor self-confidence can lead to chronic nightmares resulting in sleep disturbances.
- Traumatic experience: Any recent experience of surviving a natural disaster, violence in the relationship, major vehicle accident, are frequently linked with nightmares. More than 50 percent of the people with PTSD suffer from nightmares reveals the National Center for PTSD, USA.
- Drugs and Medications: People coming out from recent medication such as barbiturates, narcotics and antidepressants often suffer from hyperactive neurotransmitter leading to nightmares. Withdrawal from alcohol and recreational drugs are also known to be responsible for chronic nightmares.
- Snacking Before Bedtime: Often eating before sleeping triggers the metabolism and signals are sent to the brain to be more active than usual. Junk foods and spicy meals should be especially avoided to refrain from chronic nightmares.
- Inability to Relax: Inability to relax gradually builds up a basic level of underlying arousal process which later contributes more in further reaction towards stress.
- Conflicting Material: Any conflicting material which we are not aware of might lay embedded in our subconscious mind, which might contribute to repeated nightmares.
So basic idea is to learn some relaxation technique and practice those. If the condition persists then it will call for a detailed assessment and may be some medication besides Psychological measures.
How to get rid of nightmares?
- Treat the underlying symptoms: It is important to identify the cause of the nightmares. Often stress, PTSD, anxiety and depression can cause nightmares. Once the cause is identified, medical help or self-help techniques can be employed to overcome it.
- Exercise: Exercise tires the body and relaxes the brain. From dancing to rock climbing, running to rowing, hitting a gym to brisk walking, one form of exercise should be daily practised to make sure you get sound sleep during the night.
- Talk to your doctor: If you are undergoing any medication that involves withdrawal, anxiety, narcotics, you should immediately consult a doctor about the effects of medicine. A doctor can either reduce the dosage of medicine or change the medicine altogether to address the problem
- Stress Reduction: Stress can be reduced by practising yoga and meditation. You can also take a hot shower before going to sleep to calm yourself down. A relaxed mind goes a long way in ensuring sound sleep during the night.