Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. N SatishYour feedback matters!
My mother is diabetic. Her Diabetes is not controlled by medicines. Please suggest something. I am very worried for my mom.
My age is now 20. But my penis did not increase. It is so small so I fell so shame. Please tell me how can I increase my penis without operation?
My nose s left side is always create obstacle in breathing. Doctors advise me to operation but I hopr its cure by medicine. Please help.
Glaucoma is a group of eye diseases characterised by damage to optic nerve usually due to excessively high intra ocular pressure (eye pressure). If left untreated can lead to optic nerve damage resulting in progressive, permanent vision loss. Glaucoma usually affects people above the age of 40, but can affect younger people as well. This condition causes fluid to build up in the eye, which puts pressure on the optic nerve.
There are broadly two types of glaucoma - Open angle glaucoma ( more common in elderly) and angle closure glaucoma.
Women are more likely to suffer from glaucoma than men are. Ethnicity also plays an important role in determining the risk of suffering from this condition. East Asian and African Americans have a high risk of glaucoma, as they have a shallow, anterior chamber depth. Some of the other conditions that can increase a person’s risk of glaucoma are:
- An earlier eye surgery
- Retinal detachment
- Injury to the eye
- Long term corticosteroid medication
If diagnosed early enough, glaucoma can be treated and its effects can be reduced. However, the damage already caused by glaucoma cannot be reversed. The aim of glaucoma treatment is to either reduce the production of fluid in the eye or improve its flow. This helps slow down the progression of this disease and prevents any further loss of vision. Glaucoma treatment usually takes the form of eye drops or surgery.
Eye drops are the first step towards treating glaucoma. There are many different types of eye drops. Prostaglandin analogues aim at increasing the flow of fluid out of the eye and are usually prescribed in cases of swelling around the rim of the eyes, darkening of the iris and blurred vision. Beta-blockers can also help lower the secretion of fluids in the eye.
Patients who are also suffering from diabetes or lung conditions such as bronchitis may be prescribed cholinergic agents, carbonic anhydrase inhibitors or sympathomimetic drugs. Cholinergic agents help improve the outward flow of fluid in the eyes while Carbonic anhydrase inhibitors reduce fluid production in the eyes. Sympathomimetic drugs do both reduce the production of fluids and improve outflow.
If the eye drops are not effective, surgery may be advised to lower the pressure built up in the eye. Some of the common types of surgery for glaucoma are:
- Trabeculoplasty: This procedure involves directing a high-energy laser beam into the eye to open clogged drainage canals. The surgery has high success rates but the problem may recur after surgery.
- Filtering surgery: This involves creating an opening in the eye and removing a part of the trabecular meshwork, thus allowing fluid to flow outwards.
- Drainage implants: Children or patients with secondary glaucoma may be treated with this surgery where a small silicone tube is placed in the eye to aid in fluid drainage.
I am a 23 year boy from chennai, I have irritating head pain from last 3 month in the middle of my brain.
I am sreenu, actually I have addicted to smoking... Previous if smoke I'll relief... Bt nw I can't quit smoking and I cannot relief by doing the smoking. From last 2 months my chest is paining, I want to quit it. Please give me any suggestions.
My wife is passing blood in her stool from past two days. It comes randomly not all the times. Is it serious?
I have Gastric problem from childhood. And doctor said avoid milk. But I want to drink milk. What will I do ?
I started swimming and in one ear I guess water is stuck frm last 2-3 days I tried drops also its not getting out. I dnt feel comfortable although its not paining.
I am always getting mood for sex unmarried I am doing masturbate it will create any problem for me doing like that.
Hi I am 24 yrs old guy. I want to ask about my testis one of my left testis is bigger In size and sometimes I feel some pain in that what should I do?
I have just joined a new job and by the end of the working hours, I daily have a strong headache because of the work on the laptop, please help.
She is 63 years old suffering from diabetes-on Insulin+other allopathy medicines but the sugar level running from 70 to 200 and more. Today fasting 90 but PP is going high between 200 to 300. She is on Insulin from last 15 years. Can she be treated with you? And I am also suffering from Slip Disc. L4 L5 S1 and taken 15 days Ayurvedic treatment such as Katibastyi, Malish, Steam bath etc but there is nothing complete and permanent. Please advise us to permanent treatment.
I have a problem with masturbation. I am a gym going 21 year male. I gain muscle but loose it when I masturbate, I do not masturbate often as once in 2 weeks and when I do not for more than 2 weeks I get a nightfall, this leads to loosen my muscles which I do not want. please suggest me?
In This days I am suffering from Stomach pain and lose motions I eat some thing it will come hurt my stomach then come out by lose motion Tell me something good medicine Help me.
Sashriyakaalji.in fact the question was a continuation of one information on benefits of khajoor. As dates have high glucose and fructose I asked the question in general whether the use of dates for constipation will increase the risk of high blood sugar level. I have constipation and what I should do as a cardiac patient.
Aphrodisiacs are certain foods believed to enhance passion and romance. They derive their name from ‘Aphrodite’, the Greek goddess of love; which makes their application kind of obvious.
Using foods and drinks to ignite desire is nothing new. People have been consuming a variety of foods over the centuries, believing that it will help them perform better or will make the experience more intense.
But, do they really work?
1. Not always sweet: The humble chocolate made from cacao beans has been touted as a magical sexual elixir for centuries. According to legend, Montezuma, an Aztec leader, drank nearly 50 cups of chocolate in a day. He believed all that chocolate will enhance his promiscuity (he probably only increased his insulin levels). However, it is not all hearsay, chocolate does have some scientific basis. Chocolate boosts serotonin and has phenylethylamine (a mood-lifting compound) and this connects them to stimulation and arousal.
The catch in this is that you would have to consume a sickening amount of chocolate if you wanted the total benefit. You would get an upset tummy before the chocolate starts working.
2. Alcohol is not your friend, not really: Alcohol has persisted as a mystic love potion for years. This is mostly due to the fact that ancient Persians who believed that if newlyweds drank mead (a fermented concoction of spices, berries, water and honey) for a month after their marriage, it promoted desire and fertility. The word ‘honeymoon’ originated from this practice and the belief that alcohol boosts sexual abilities started from here as well. There is actually no scientific basis backing this claim up.
While a glass of alcohol may help in the night getting started, too much of it actually has an anaphrodisiac effect. It can, as a matter of fact, decrease your libido.
3. Mythical oysters: The original playboy of Italy, Casanova swore by oysters and so do people now. But the effect of oysters is generally mythical, as no one is actually sure how it helps and how much of it will help. Casanova apparently ate 50 oysters a day, which will only make you feel really full and uncomfortable in reality (it could even warrant multiple trips to the bathroom).
However, oysters do contain zinc, which has been linked to increase the production of testosterone. As mentioned above, it still requires research as to how oysters really affect libido.